Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've got new neighbours, a small family - moved in about 6 months ago - I don't know them because they're a few hundred yards away. No issues so far until this last 10 days when there's been lots of cars coming and going from 11pm to around 3am, every night, there's groups of males either in the house or sat in cars. I'm baffled. It's like the house has been taken over by all these males at night, but it seems normal during the day. I'm awake most nights now with the slamming of cars doors :(
Sounds like a brothel.

Reactions: 9
Sounds like a brothel.
The thought had crossed my mind. I might pop out to the corner shop later tonight and see if I can see what's going on. My house is at an odd angle so I can only see their driveway, I don't see what goes on actually at the house.

Reactions: 3
Normally drug dealers are more discreet .. But who knows these days when police don't seem to care anymore
Yeah, that crossed my mind, that they're definitely not discreet. Its as though each car has 20 doors, the way they're slamming them repeatedly. I was on the way to bed last night when I noticed a car of young males sat a bit further down the street, they seemed to wait for ages for other people to leave then they all disappeared from the car for about 30 mins then came back and slammed every door. This was 00:45. Strange time to visit people :unsure:

Normally drug dealers are more discreet .. But who knows these days when police don't seem to care anymore
Not where I live. Its almost like a competition to see who can be the most blatent. When I drive down the main road you get engulfed with the smell of weed. Its ridiculously strong, clearly a farm or something. The police have been in front of me when I have experienced this. They don't care!
Someone turned a big house about 5 min walk away into a house to help ex druggies. All of a sudden dodgy looking men were depositing dodgy looking bags in hedges in our street, followed by another dodgy looking man fishing the bag out. The police didnt care about that either. I saw 1 of them come out of the big house last week... so thats going well... 🙄

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Not where I live. Its almost like a competition to see who can be the most blatent. When I drive down the main road you get engulfed with the smell of weed. Its ridiculously strong, clearly a farm or something. The police have been in front of me when I have experienced this. They don't care!
Someone turned a big house about 5 min walk away into a house to help ex druggies. All of a sudden dodgy looking men were depositing dodgy looking bags in hedges in our street, followed by another dodgy looking man fishing the bag out. The police didnt care about that either. I saw 1 of them come out of the big house last week... so thats going well... 🙄
Police don't care because they were too busy trying to catch me out breaking covid rules and my friend swearing in my garden.
Who wants druggies when you can get two women doing utter crap like that eh?I would laugh but its not funny anymore

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Police don't care because they were too busy trying to catch me out breaking covid rules and my friend swearing in my garden.
Who wants druggies when you can get two women doing utter crap like that eh?I would laugh but its not funny anymore
It was the same when i called 999 witnessing 2 shed breakins of my neighbours. They were absolutely unbothered until i told them i would sort it and hung up. Never seen a response like it. Needless to say i wasnt sorting it 😂 but it certainly made them move quick.
There was a story in the news about some bloke shooting his air rifle at the kids that had been terrorising him and his neighbours for months. He has phoned the police countless times and one day just cracked! Thankfully only got a suspeded sentence!
Its things like this that piss me off though, for one the man and neighbours mental health, begrudgingly the kids health who had been shot with an air rifle. Then all the court costs... or the police could have just attended after he phoned maybe the 3rd or 4th time... 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 10
We are unfortunate enough to have two houses on our estate that are police families that are both high ranking. They couldn’t care less about what goes on around here. Be it blatant weed stink coming from one house all the time, cars parked everywhere making it dangerous to pull onto a junction or parties. To the point where like someone else said it’s a joke … just not a funny one. Everyone around here is also a compulsive car door slammer. It’s like all their cars have 20 doors.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
We are unfortunate enough to have two houses on our estate that are police families that are both high ranking. They couldn’t care less about what goes on around here. Be it blatant weed stink coming from one house all the time, cars parked everywhere making it dangerous to pull onto a junction or parties. To the point where like someone else said it’s a joke … just not a funny one. Everyone around here is also a compulsive car door slammer. It’s like all their cars have 20 doors.
The witch who uses my drive to turn around is like this. I swear her car door will fall off one day!

The witch who uses my drive to turn around is like this. I swear her car door will fall off one day!
What the F are they doing with the doors to make that much noise?? They’re not even that close and all you hear is like 6 slams every time one person goes out. It almost rattles our house. But I don’t hear my own husband shutting his when he gets in from on our own drive 🤯

Reactions: 5
What the F are they doing with the doors to make that much noise?? They’re not even that close and all you hear is like 6 slams every time one person goes out. It almost rattles our house. But I don’t hear my own husband shutting his when he gets in from on our own drive 🤯
I think they need to get their brains checked. Its not normal

Reactions: 1
I witnessed something last week that baffled me silly. I saw someone faffing about with their car, and for a good 5 minutes or so he continually opened and closed all the 4 car doors aswell as the boot. Each time he looked in the car, then slammed the door, went to the other, looked in the car then slammed the door. He repeatedly did this sequence around 4 times. I kid you not.
So that's 4 times slamming each of the 5 doors. 😖😖😤😤
It was just so weird. I thought "what the duck is he doing"? Never seen anything like it in my life.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I witnessed something last week that baffled me silly. I saw someone faffing about with their car, and for a good 5 minutes or so he continually opened and closed all the 4 car doors aswell as the boot. Each time he looked in the car, then slammed the door, went to the other, looked in the car then slammed the door. He repeatedly did this sequence around 4 times. I kid you not.
So that's 4 times slamming each of the 5 doors. 😖😖😤😤
It was just so weird. I thought "what the duck is he doing"? Never seen anything like it in my life.
Maybe there was an internal light on that wouldn’t go out?

Reactions: 5
We moved house yesterday, away from the noisy neighbours. We keep standing on the doorstep and listening to the silence. My husband heard an owl hooting. It makes a refreshing change from our former nextdoors shouting duck and bleep every 10 minutes. I’d like to to punish them in some way for affecting my life and mental health so badly. I honestly thought I’d lost the ability to feel happy. I could cry with happiness now. It’s so unfair that someone can affect you in this way.
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but if someone wants to buy their council house, perhaps the council ought to ask the neighbours before they are allowed to buy. The woman on the other side moved in and made extensive renovations to her house, she wasn’t there long and now she’s renting it out. She was probably fed up of the swearing and footballs being booted against her fence all day. The man who lives at the back has started keeping the footballs that go in, before the little shits can climb over and get them.
My advice to anyone who has scummy neighbours, if you can move, do it. You won’t realise how much it’s affecting you until you are free of it.
Yes this!! Happy for you me and my partner and 2 kids are waiting on a move I feel like we're still going to be here past Christmas:( we've put up with crap neighbours for 5 years my mental health is down aswell as my partners we've told council many times they don't do much here in Edinburgh where I'm from my partner is from Leeds and we are now bidding for HOUSES back there, we are sick of flat life here it's horrible!

😡 heard someone outside my bedroom window early hours of Monday morning. Cut a long story short, my neighbour (the ones I have moaned about on here before who haven’t even been living here a year!) was pissed up. Knocked over all my plants pot and pushed over my chimney pot which has smashed into 4 pieces. This chimney pot has been here for many years (the houses are Georgian) Absolutely livid. Got home from work and was expecting them to come round and apologise, but no, I had to go round and he was in bed so she answered the door and was bloody clueless. She said she’d get me a replacement, but it won’t be the same.
Like, wtaf?! I’m getting annoyed thinking about it again.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
😡 heard someone outside my bedroom window early hours of Monday morning. Cut a long story short, my neighbour (the ones I have moaned about on here before who haven’t even been living here a year!) was pissed up. Knocked over all my plants pot and pushed over my chimney pot which has smashed into 4 pieces. This chimney pot has been here for many years (the houses are Georgian) Absolutely livid. Got home from work and was expecting them to come round and apologise, but no, I had to go round and he was in bed so she answered the door and was bloody clueless. She said she’d get me a replacement, but it won’t be the same.
Like, wtaf?! I’m getting annoyed thinking about it again.
I’m still so, so, so pissed off about this! I almost burst into tears when I told my parents what happened. He finally came round and apologised on Wednesday night, but was feeling more sorry for himself than anything because he hurt himself falling over. He showed me some replacements they have found, but I declined them. Mine was an antique that had absolutely no damage to it and a rare shape to come across and I won’t accept what I’m not happy with. I would be mortified I was them, but since moving here, they haven’t shown much respect for the neighbours. It has been brought to my attention that maybe he was looking in my living room window as I’d left the blind open and that’s how everything got knocked over as it was nowhere near his front door. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I know people have much worse neighbours, I just need to vent.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I’m still so, so, so pissed off about this! I almost burst into tears when I told my parents what happened. He finally came round and apologised on Wednesday night, but was feeling more sorry for himself than anything because he hurt himself falling over. He showed me some replacements they have found, but I declined them. Mine was an antique that had absolutely no damage to it and a rare shape to come across and I won’t accept what I’m not happy with. I would be mortified I was them, but since moving here, they haven’t shown much respect for the neighbours. It has been brought to my attention that maybe he was looking in my living room window as I’d left the blind open and that’s how everything got knocked over as it was nowhere near his front door. 🤷🏼‍♀️
I know people have much worse neighbours, I just need to vent.
After such a long time that isnsuch a lack of respect anyway, I would be livid regardless but at least come over immediately the next day. How did he react when you refused the suggestions?

Reactions: 2
After such a long time that isnsuch a lack of respect anyway, I would be livid regardless but at least come over immediately the next day. How did he react when you refused the suggestions?
I looked at the photos and said “hmm I don’t like them” 😂 he said it would get sorted whatever it cost but I feel like this could be rumbling on for a while until i find one I like. 😤🤯

ECA820F0-382B-4008-9914-F20C352E18B1.png

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.