Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I looked at the photos and said “hmm I don’t like them” 😂 he said it would get sorted whatever it cost but I feel like this could be rumbling on for a while until i find one I like. 😤🤯

View attachment 1704287
Have you looked on eBay or Facebook Marketplace? We have an old house and it’s surprising how many architectural antiques you can source from there. You can then send him the link to buy it.
Fingers crossed you find one.

Reactions: 4
We are in the process of moving due to the constant noise/kids/antisocial behaviour at night.
we live behind a kids park which is more used by the local yobs who hang out at the back of our fence and we have a green opposite which occupies the feral and unwashed kids. Never again!!

really pissed off that we’re having to move in the worst of financial times but if it brings me peace of mind I think it’ll be worth it. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 7
Mines not really a 'problem' but I really fancy my neighbour!!🤤 hes so sexy! Lol, the only problem is he doesnt live next door to me he lives over the road a few houses down from me so I dont know how to approach him without it looking stalker(ish)🤣 or making it obvious🤣 any advice ladies??

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Mines not really a 'problem' but I really fancy my neighbour!!🤤 hes so sexy! Lol, the only problem is he doesnt live next door to me he lives over the road a few houses down from me so I dont know how to approach him without it looking stalker(ish)🤣 or making it obvious🤣 any advice ladies??
I have never done it in this situation but I met quite a few of my neighbours when I was looking for my missing cat, just knocked on the door and explained the situation, might be worth investing a white lie like this...?

Reactions: 3
Update on my house move for anyone interested.
We sold our old house to a company that buys and sells them on. We got less for it than we would in the open market (or so we thought)
It appeared on Rightmove a couple of weeks ago at the highest price our previous bidders had put in then dropped out. No way was it going to sell for that, we had been watching the prices in our town drop for a while.
Our old house has now been reduced by a whole 15K in one go ! They are now asking about 5K more than we sold it to the company for. No idea how they make money from this, or maybe they are just tit at judging the market.
I drove past today for the first time since we moved out. The noisy scruff bags nextdoor have got even more black bags full of crap that they can’t be arsed to take to the tip in their front garden.
I would gloat, but pride comes before a fall, so I’m being magnanimous 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’d love to move because the neighbourhood I live in is fine to drive through but having to walk around it is another matter. Took the dog out at 7am and was saying “this way” when some grown Vicky Pollard ticket took great offence and was all “are yurrr turking tur me?” bleeping hell, it’s 7am, and why would I be telling you to come this way 🥴

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
My neighbour and his GF have been bullying and harassing me for 4 months now. All because I asked him if he could start his motorbike around the side or front of his property instead of in his back garden so I didn’t have to listen to him revving it up to 12 times in one day every day. He’s obviously got an entitlement issue, because we’re both council tenants and he has to drive over footpaths to access his back garden which he was never allowed to do in the 1st place. I work from home, they both claim sick benefits. I can ignore the harassment and bullying during the day, but violently slamming the door during the early hours of the morning just to wake me up, pisses me right off. I’m exhausted. I haven’t been able to sleep in my bedroom for months. I’m on my own and they seem to love picking on me! The council hasn’t done much and it’s so frustrating.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I have posted on this thread before about neighbour issues. It mostly kicked off because I put up a cctv camera because the neighbours kid was coming into garden uninvited. The same neighbour has now got a ladder up against a 6ft fence and if climbed can look into my house and garden. We both have large gardens so I get the feeling the ladder is there on purpose. She kicked off about her privacy when I put up the cctv (which only records activity in my garden) and was posting notes through my door. I’ve been in a living hell for 2 years with the neighbour. Her dog constantly barking her cat trying to get in my house if doors or windows are left open, her kid destroying plants in my front garden not to mention footballs constantly coming in the garden once had 9 in one day. Tonight I was in my kitchen talking to my son and her dog started barking (we had the window open) and my son said I wish the dog would shut up and she shouted loudly “excuse me” I just want to be left alone it’s got to the point I don’t even want to leave my house.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Not that it matters to me as im an early riser but someone is doing DIY loudly with drills and saws at 7:30 😂 come on!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Not that it matters to me as im an early riser but someone is doing DIY loudly with drills and saws at 7:30 😂 come on!
I get up early, but always feel so sorry for those next to our pub that has its bottle bank emptied at 5:30 am on a Wednesday. I'm not next to it and it's very loud imagine being asleep 😱

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I get up early, but always feel so sorry for those next to our pub that has its bottle bank emptied at 5:30 am on a Wednesday. I'm not next to it and it's very loud imagine being asleep 😱
I have a recycling plant behind my house and yes, it’s very loud but I’d rather that than actual human neighbours 😂😂

• Haha
You'd probably get used to it. I moved into a flat that was above, what I assumed was, a disused train line. Fast forward to 6am on the Monday morning when I was woken by a very loud freight train going past. My whole bedroom was shaking and it was quite scary at first! Happened again the second week. Slept through it by the third week 👍

Reactions: 3
Yooof club 🙄

20+ kids who should have been aborted hanging round in their black puffa jackets, hoods up, causing god knows what trouble. It saddens me that the people who speed up and down my 20mph street dont come head to head with these scroates

Reactions: 6
Has anyone ever taken out a civil injunction against a neighbour, if so, how did it go - any tips?
That’s the direction I seem to be heading in too. I was told yesterday that my council and police consider the violent and aggressive slamming of the door all day/throughout the night by my neighbour - Princess Patrick (which started suddenly because I asked him to stop revving his motorbike) is a “difference in lifestyle choices” and not harassment, bullying or intimidation. This is what I work hard to pay my rent to the council for.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Ah, that old chestnut. This seems to be doing the rounds, almost like a council buzzword. I would seek legal advice, maybe start with Shelter.

Reactions: 1
That’s the direction I seem to be heading in too. I was told yesterday that my council and police consider the violent and aggressive slamming of the door all day/throughout the night by my neighbour - Princess Patrick (which started suddenly because I asked him to stop revving his motorbike) is a “difference in lifestyle choices” and not harassment, bullying or intimidation. This is what I work hard to pay my rent to the council for.
Ah sorry to hear that. It's unusual that the council would make you put up with that. Have they suggested having a microphone in your house to record the noise?

My neighbour has been told three times by police to leave us alone, but she's still winding us up. The police won't do anything though because there's no threat of violence, apparently ... even though the harassment act doesn't mention that there has to be a threat of violence.

Ah sorry to hear that. It's unusual that the council would make you put up with that. Have they suggested having a microphone in your house to record the noise?

My neighbour has been told three times by police to leave us alone, but she's still winding us up. The police won't do anything though because there's no threat of violence, apparently ... even though the harassment act doesn't mention that there has to be a threat of violence.
Unfortunately for me it’s my normal. Before this lovely pair, it was a man with mental health and drug/alcohol addiction problems. Amongst other shenanigans he would hit my bedroom wall with a heavy chair while screaming my name. Every single day. When he was trying to kick my back down I called the police. He stopped and they called me back 3 days later. During the conversation I was asked by the policeman if I think I should have empathy for him because of his situation. I was diagnosed with clinic depression, I have a hip dysplasia, and a problem with my sacroiliac joint. I wonder if the police officer asked him the same question?When I contacted the council about it I got exactly the same response. I just opted to live with that, because there wasn’t much choice. So I lived with that for 2 years and then he died. That’s the only reason that stopped. Otherwise I would still be living with that. I recorded the slamming myself on my phone. I was told my housing officer left yesterday and never bothered saying anything to the anti social team anyway. So that’s the end of that. I need to get the money together quickly and seek legal advice. That’s my only option left.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
If you haven't already tried Citizens Advice give them a go. Also your local MP will hold surgeries where you can book an appointment to ask for their help/advice. Also get in touch with the anti-social behaviour team, you don't need a housing officer to do it :)

Also, there's something in the civil court fees documents on the govt website that says:

You may not have to pay a fee, or you may get some money off it if you only have a small amount of savings and investments, receive certain benefits or are on a low income. This is sometimes known as ‘fee remission.’

If you haven't already tried Citizens Advice give them a go. Also your local MP will hold surgeries where you can book an appointment to ask for their help/advice. Also get in touch with the anti-social behaviour team, you don't need a housing officer to do it :)

Also, there's something in the civil court fees documents on the govt website that says:

You may not have to pay a fee, or you may get some money off it if you only have a small amount of savings and investments, receive certain benefits or are on a low income. This is sometimes known as ‘fee remission.’
Thank you. 🙂 yes I did and the CBA were great. I contacted my local councillor, but I’m not holding out hope that he will respond in a positive way to be honest. It’s ridiculous that this guy & his hideous excuse for a GF spend all day every day focusing so intently on making my life unpleasant. When I win the lottery I’m going to buy myself the best solicitor I can get, to butt duck the gobby little twit on my behalf. Sorry had to vent. 😁

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.