Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still think all noisy people should only get to live amongst the noisy and all the quiet people can have our peaceful home lives back.
Yes! I couldn’t agree with this more. We had a ridiculously noisy family move into our estate and ruin it. It’s known as a quiet area, mostly for older people or couples. They could have moved to a noisy new build estate down the road for a lot less money and been around people of their own noisy kind. I find though noisy people only like noise when it’s theirs. Like when people are on places like Location Location Location etc and they make comments viewing houses like “oooh it’s lovely and quiet here….. until we move in” and think it’s hilarious to ruin peoples lives. Absolute worst type of inconsiderate people!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yes! I couldn’t agree with this more. We had a ridiculously noisy family move into our estate and ruin it. It’s known as a quiet area, mostly for older people or couples. They could have moved to a noisy new build estate down the road for a lot less money and been around people of their own noisy kind. I find though noisy people only like noise when it’s theirs. Like when people are on places like Location Location Location etc and they make comments viewing houses like “oooh it’s lovely and quiet here….. until we move in” and think it’s hilarious to ruin peoples lives. Absolute worst type of inconsiderate people!
Not everyone on new build estates is noisy 😆

ours is very quiet.

Reactions: 7
As much as annoying noise is so bloody stressful, it's the complete lack of consideration that makes my blood boil. Why do people care so little nowadays?! It's selfish ignorance and I want to give all of the offenders a good head wobble.

I still think all noisy people should only get to live amongst the noisy and all the quiet people can have our peaceful home lives back.
I agree. I read a comment recently on Reddit I think it was, that some people think others just live in THEIR world.
So they go about and do as they please, whether making noise, striding at you on footpaths, expecting you to get out of their way, blocking others in supermarkets, allowing their dogs to run free where leads are required or whatever.

Our estate is generally quiet but a prick with a motorbike moved in recently.
He seems to take pleasure in making as much noise as possible, going in and out, and even when he arrives at his house, has to do some extra revving before finally switching the bleeping thing off.

Reactions: 10
Not everyone on new build estates is noisy 😆

ours is very quiet.
Oops. I didn’t mean a new build estate in general. There’s a specific new estate really close to ours that would have suited the noisy family perfectly as you can hear the noise from there when you walk past.

Reactions: 2
Oops. I didn’t mean a new build estate in general. There’s a specific new estate really close to ours that would have suited the noisy family perfectly as you can hear the noise from there when you walk past.
I get ya :) sounds like the last one I lived on to be fair!
It’s a shame respect is a thing of the past. As much as my estate is quiet…I live on a corner plot so when it’s windy any rubbish blows into my front garden. The lady further along literally leaves cardboard outside her house rather than putting it in her bin, car or back garden. So I just take it back to where it belongs when the wind blows 😅

I live in a block of flats, with a young family living above me, they have a little boy about 2 or 3
One of them, not sure who it is, likes to jump about a lot! I assume it's the little boy, but who knows 😕 it was so bad on Saturday night, I made a note of it, that it felt as though my whole flat shook! My furniture does shake when they are jumping!I
Not for one minute do I think there shouldn't be noise from the other flats etc, and living in a flat you have to expect noise etc, but at times it's just ridiculous!
I've just phoned my local Council, yet again!
Spoke to my Housing Officer, explaining the situation etc, and that I do expect noise etc, but its getting beyond a joke at times! He said he'll look into again, as there does have to be some consideration etc for other people in the flats!
I know what will happen, all will be fine for a while, then it'll get just as bad again!
Don't think I'm bring all that unreasonable, just want the jumping to calm down!
Small children should be ground floor only. its unfair to expect ( I don't mean you) children to not play and jump in a home without a garden but its also unfair on those living under them.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Small children should be ground floor only. its unfair to expect ( I don't mean you) children to not play and jump in a home without a garden but its also unfair on those living under them.
I agree, and I say this as someone without children, but in a city like London where housing is already basically impossible to find for so many people this would be really unworkable

Reactions: 4
I agree, and I say this as someone without children, but in a city like London where housing is already basically impossible to find for so many people this would be really unworkable
Sadly SH has to have a shake-up and I hate that ( I hate that they didn't build more ) but people really will have to move once the home they were allocated for a purpose doesn't have that purpose anymore.

I also believe that anti-social people need to be evicted more and faster and if this is not the first time then they have to find their own accommodation.

Most don't care because they know nothing will be done and even if they are horrendous for a long time, they just get moved elsewhere.

• Heart
The dogs are getting even worse (I didn’t even think this was possible!!!)

Started barking at 8am. Have hardly stopped all day. They are still barking now at 11.40pm 😡 I can’t cope with this.

Reported previously to council but no joy.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Sadly SH has to have a shake-up and I hate that ( I hate that they didn't build more ) but people really will have to move once the home they were allocated for a purpose doesn't have that purpose anymore.

I also believe that anti-social people need to be evicted more and faster and if this is not the first time then they have to find their own accommodation.

Most don't care because they know nothing will be done and even if they are horrendous for a long time, they just get moved elsewhere.
Totally agree about anti social people, a tiny minority who ruin everything. I don't know of any who have been forcibly moved though

Totally agree about anti social people, a tiny minority who ruin everything. I don't know of any who have been forcibly moved though
Its bizarre how these ppl live. I swear the asbo house in our street and the asbo house in the street behind think they live in bloody butlins or something. Just because every day is a holiday for you, does not mean it is for everyone else.
There was a full scale fight in our otherwise quiet, nice street the other week 🙄 absolutely feral. Round them all up and put them in a ghetto

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Update on my neighbour - had been mostly avoiding but saw her in the street just now with her kids. Walked past and said "hey!" with a rictus grin. As soon as she was gone dropped the smile and called her a bleep under my breath. Felt good. She can't accuse me of anything now and if she does I am literally never speaking to her again. twit.

Thanks again everyone for the advice - I definitely have the upper hand, I think. Just going to keep it moving and friendly but will NOT be friends with this person.

I've remembered so many of the red flags as well - she drink drives, she asked me for money when I barely knew her, etc etc...
Just wanted to thank you all again for the truly excellent advice.

I'm in a much better place in life, first and foremost, and I really think being able to rant to strangers helped me an awful lot. What a lovely community Tattle is. Thanks for validating me and making me feel seen and cared for.

Silly neighbour is SO embarrassed to talk to me - despite having a go at me for allegedly 'ignoring' her/giving her a funny look - and pretends to look at her phone every time I go past. I always greet her with a "hi!! Nice to see you!" and carry on walking. She can barely muster "alright?" Considering how confrontational she was over text, she has no such bravery in real life. I can tell she absolutely hates it when I say hello. I think she has also instructed her 7 year old kids not to speak to me which is really pathetic.. they look very confused.

All in all, still very much preferable to having her try to cadge money, involve me in the drama, and generally being an annoying twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Next door had a paddy at about 7pm last night. I have the grandchildren here and she wants them to float from the living room to the bathroom and to the bedroom. They are not doing anything but walking from one room to another. We don't have a TV on in the living room, we don't have music on. we sit quietly chatting or they are on devices doing work or educational games

last night she was running up and down stamping, her feet to let me know how angry she was and also screaming insults as she was running up and down. This is the same lady who complained to every local authority about my little water feature and when she didn't get her way, went out and bought a water feature 🙄🤣

This lady has no carpets just cheap lino tiles from Poundland laid onto the concrete floor and doesn't understand sometimes you have to do things to help yourself rather than moaning and creating havoc to get people to act as you want them to.

She is very very lucky I am me and not a few other people I know who tell me to stop being quiet and respectful of others and just make normal noise. I have a lovely craft corner where my sewing machines are but only used it a few times for sewing as she was bang banging on the wall everytime I did any. So I bought a little fold up table to do the sewing in another room but its not ideal and didnt let me do everything I wanted so only used it for essential things . BUT in the next week or two I'm getting my corner back and making more fidget quilts for the local care homes ... She will blow a gasket but when you blow it for every little thing its has the opposite effect and people then say duck it might as well do it and bad damned rather than not do it and be damned anyway.

Girls are here for the rest of the day I await the banging

My unused soon to be very used sewing corner if anyone is intrested.

1665909356672.png

1665909379821.png

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Ive had a responce from the Information Commissioners Office saying they will write to my neighbour about his cctv and remind him of DPA

Ive had a responce from the Information Commissioners Office saying they will write to my neighbour about his cctv and remind him of DPA
inevitgably that it as far as it will go, regardless of what the neighbours do next

Reactions: 1
inevitgably that it as far as it will go, regardless of what the neighbours do next
I appreciate that but at least it is something. I had conformation from ICO they dont release who reported it. Im doing things officially

Reactions: 4
Does anyone else have parking wars on their street? The bottom end drive me nuts with the double parking - it’s like they’re fighting for a spot outside their house (but then also don’t use their driveways, or think of converting their front lawn into a driveway). Sometimes there’s not room for an ambulance to get down and you can never use the pavement to walk down the street because there’s cars parked almost fully on the pavement.
To top it off, next door has had someone move in with them. I share a driveway with them and instead of parking a car on the driveway they have a trailer there. They asked me if they can park infront of my house, and I thought it was a temporary thing and ultimately I have no leg to stand on so I said fine. I’m usually pretty chill about stuff like that. But a few months have gone past and it’s starting to bug me. The car makes it awkward for people to get in and out of the drive (it’s a big one) and now I have no space for visitors without blocking the drive (which isn’t always an issue). I’m really tempted to turn my front lawn into parking and having my curb dropped so people can’t park there- but don’t want to come across as an hole or start any issues.

Does anyone else have parking wars on their street? The bottom end drive me nuts with the double parking - it’s like they’re fighting for a spot outside their house (but then also don’t use their driveways, or think of converting their front lawn into a driveway). Sometimes there’s not room for an ambulance to get down and you can never use the pavement to walk down the street because there’s cars parked almost fully on the pavement.
To top it off, next door has had someone move in with them. I share a driveway with them and instead of parking a car on the driveway they have a trailer there. They asked me if they can park infront of my house, and I thought it was a temporary thing and ultimately I have no leg to stand on so I said fine. I’m usually pretty chill about stuff like that. But a few months have gone past and it’s starting to bug me. The car makes it awkward for people to get in and out of the drive (it’s a big one) and now I have no space for visitors without blocking the drive (which isn’t always an issue). I’m really tempted to turn my front lawn into parking and having my curb dropped so people can’t park there- but don’t want to come across as an hole or start any issues.
Start issues i say!
My street is terrible for it but I'm lucky to have a massive drive and only 1 car. Due to this fact the c u next Tuesday across the road seems to think she should make use of my driveway by turning it into a completely unnecessary turning circle. Theres more than enough room to turn a normal sized car around on the road without going a cars length up my drive but she insists on it. Because of this my drive is all twisted and broken.
I have absolutely no desire to fix the broken swamp land either. Let it look horrible, she's looking at it not me!
Once i can afford to get my drive done im getting gates and padlocking them 😂

Reactions: 9
We've got new neighbours, a small family - moved in about 6 months ago - I don't know them because they're a few hundred yards away. No issues so far until this last 10 days when there's been lots of cars coming and going from 11pm to around 3am, every night, there's groups of males either in the house or sat in cars. I'm baffled. It's like the house has been taken over by all these males at night, but it seems normal during the day. I'm awake most nights now with the slamming of cars doors :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.