Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We don’t own our house, so don’t have the worry of selling it.

We have spoken to them previously several times regarding the dogs, and asking them to move their vehicles when they’ve blocked us in and requested they stop parking in front of it. They still don’t listen, though. My boyfriend went to work this morning in the car, no sooner he got to the end of the street, they moved one of their cars in front of our house. Weirdos!

I’ve said to my partner I think I’m going to put a note through their door and then see what happens from there. At least with a note I can prove what has been said and moves any room for allegations/denial of contact.
Ignore them and move as soon as you can. It’s honestly not going to get any better and they are obviously low lives.

Reactions: 6
Well that’s terrible and a waste of time. What happens now? Sorry it was crap
Unfortunately nothing happens, because I've now found out that the neighbours have refused to continue :rolleyes: I can't say I'm surprised. Even though the process was rubbish, I was happy to continue. Thankfully, refusing to continue goes against them if there's any more issues with the police. It also goes against them if I take out a civil injunction.

This kind of thing is happening to us and we are gritting our teeth until we have exchanged contract, then I might start yelling “shut up” when the dog barks every 15 minutes and they have the patio doors open practically 24/7 forcing me to listen to every swear word, argument and conversation in their sad and chavy life !
My neighbours have bi-fold doors and they leave them open all time time, even when it's cold. I can always hear the TV. Plus the dog flies outside and barks every time a bird farts in my garden.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Friday we exchanged contracts and will be moving next Friday. I’m not going to miss the little shits from nextdoor coming home from school, slamming doors and yelling “duck” at 5 minute intervals as they shoot things on their PlayStation !

Reactions: 12
My neighbours have bi-fold doors and they leave them open all time time, even when it's cold. I can always hear the TV. Plus the dog flies outside and barks every time a bird farts in my garden.
[/QUOTE]

Yes what the hell is it with peoples obsession with having doors open all year round?! We had a previous neighbour with kids from hell that used a bungee cord to keep it open (real classy) all year even in gales & rain and it went straight in to their living room. I open a window and a plague of flies enters right away, leaves blowing in and dirt. Not to mention when anything is open all we can hear is other people

My neighbours have their garage door wide open (it's in the garden but has no gate so freely accessible to anyone walking past) and their sliding door open whenever they are home. Come rain or shine.

We know if they are out just from looking out the window.

Then there is the constant smoking and noise. But the doors are the first giveaway.

Reactions: 4
Just bought a new car and popped it in my parking space. In the space of a week there are two scratches on the rear door which align with next doors car rear door…. When the first appeared I gave them the benefit of the doubt but I’ve not been out and the second appeared a few cm above the other. I appreciate the spaces are narrow, their car is large and they have a toddler to get out but it’s frustrating!!! I can’t park any further over as mine is the last space before a fenced area.

How would I mention something without sounding accusatory as they are, in the times we have spoken, really polite. I’ve never had a “nice” car before so I’m a little upset.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Just bought a new car and popped it in my parking space. In the space of a week there are two scratches on the rear door which align with next doors car rear door…. When the first appeared I gave them the benefit of the doubt but I’ve not been out and the second appeared a few cm above the other. I appreciate the spaces are narrow, their car is large and they have a toddler to get out but it’s frustrating!!! I can’t park any further over as mine is the last space before a fenced area.

How would I mention something without sounding accusatory as they are, in the times we have spoken, really polite. I’ve never had a “nice” car before so I’m a little upset.
Reverse your car in. If scratches appear on the other side, it’s got to be them. Tcut them out and put a camera up, then you have proof

I don't know how much more crazy dog barking I can put up with. I'm not blaming the dog, it's the owners who are the issue. I actually feel sorry for the poor thing having to live with them. I've put up with it for over a year of it barking every time it hears me in the garden. It seems particularly angry if I'm speaking to someone. The bark is really angry too, not that it makes much difference, but it growls and sounds like it's very worked up.
The dog is also stress weeing on the the owner's lawn and they seem clueless as to what the brown patches are.
Another neighbour who can see into their garden says the dog barks at my fence and the owner just stands and watches it.
This is the same neighbour that I've had harassment issues from for many years. Feels like she's now using the dog to get at me.
I've tried the anti-dog barking videos on YouTube but it doesn't make much difference, also I'm worried I'm stressing the dog even more.
Does anyone have any other anti-dog barking tactics?

• Sad
I don't know how much more crazy dog barking I can put up with. I'm not blaming the dog, it's the owners who are the issue. I actually feel sorry for the poor thing having to live with them. I've put up with it for over a year of it barking every time it hears me in the garden. It seems particularly angry if I'm speaking to someone. The bark is really angry too, not that it makes much difference, but it growls and sounds like it's very worked up.
The dog is also stress weeing on the the owner's lawn and they seem clueless as to what the brown patches are.
Another neighbour who can see into their garden says the dog barks at my fence and the owner just stands and watches it.
This is the same neighbour that I've had harassment issues from for many years. Feels like she's now using the dog to get at me.
I've tried the anti-dog barking videos on YouTube but it doesn't make much difference, also I'm worried I'm stressing the dog even more.
Sorry you’re having to endure this. We have a really barky dog next door. (Actually surrounded by multiple dogs from all sides since lockdown but most of them seem to keep them inside all day which is another welfare issue altogether 🫤) The dog loses his mind any time anyone walks past or there’s movement. We live by a pavement near a popular wooded walking area and there’s lots of squirrels and birds so you can imagine the frequency of him being bothered 🙄. Clearly shouldn’t be out there all day as he’s obviously not happy. He’s angry. The owner sometimes shushes him & says he’s silly. So no use there. I’ve heard that the RSPCA aren’t interested as they’re inundated. Not sure how true that is. Also when I enquired the council make you keep a noise diary before even considering doing anything and then I think it’s logged against the house if it proceeds & you ever want to sell. So not ideal. I tend to shout at the dog in a tone that I’ve heard the owner use sometimes. But from a place where they can’t tell it’s me shouting either out a window or from the garden. Or try and make calming sounds at it depending on the situation… this is what it drives you to in your own house …neither seem to do much but it gets to a point of being driven mad. I don’t think there’s much else you can do unfortunately. We’re going to try and buy some more noise reducing windows, we have some already and you can still hear the dog even though it’s muffled more.

Reactions: 2
This might get me barred ….but we dealt with extremely noisy neighbours who were having there music on between 12 midnight until 3/4 am every bloody night waking about 6 of us neighbours and all of us had work we all complained to the council and sadly london borough council were unable to do anything after writing to the family they weren’t interested and it carried on so we all decided that it was a waste of time even complaining to the council anymore, one of us knew some extremely unpleasant ,heavy built,hard as nails gentlemen who one night when the music was at full blast smashed the front door to open it ( they did knock but obviously couldn’t of heard through the noise) went straight into the lounge with the residents who were now in total shock unplugged the stereo picked it up took it outside smashed it with a mallet and advised the noisy neighbours if they ever make that sort of noise again the mallet will be over their head !!!!!!!!! They moved out 3 weeks later. I’m not bragging I’m just saying that ppl like that there is only one way to stop them making countless neighbours life a misery

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
This might get me barred ….but we dealt with extremely noisy neighbours who were having there music on between 12 midnight until 3/4 am every bloody night waking about 6 of us neighbours and all of us had work we all complained to the council and sadly london borough council were unable to do anything after writing to the family they weren’t interested and it carried on so we all decided that it was a waste of time even complaining to the council anymore, one of us knew some extremely unpleasant ,heavy built,hard as nails gentlemen who one night when the music was at full blast smashed the front door to open it ( they did knock but obviously couldn’t of heard through the noise) went straight into the lounge with the residents who were now in total shock unplugged the stereo picked it up took it outside smashed it with a mallet and advised the noisy neighbours if they ever make that sort of noise again the mallet will be over their head !!!!!!!!! They moved out 3 weeks later. I’m not bragging I’m just saying that ppl like that there is only one way to stop them making countless neighbours life a misery
It’s the only language some people understand. Not so easy to do when someone owns their house.
I would have done the same thing !

Reactions: 14
Yeh obviously this is not ideal but clearly it was the only thing that worked

Reactions: 10
Impressive!! Like others have said sometimes it’s the only language people understand…and if it gets to you that much (as this clearly had) then I think it’s honestly fair enough. Admire your courage, genuinely!

Impressive!! Like others have said sometimes it’s the only language people understand…and if it gets to you that much (as this clearly had) then I think it’s honestly fair enough. Admire your courage, genuinely!
I'd imagine the rest of the neighbours feel the same too!

Yes what the hell is it with peoples obsession with having doors open all year round?! We had a previous neighbour with kids from hell that used a bungee cord to keep it open (real classy) all year even in gales & rain and it went straight in to their living room. I open a window and a plague of flies enters right away, leaves blowing in and dirt. Not to mention when anything is open all we can hear is other people
[/QUOTE]
I leave our back door open all year round 🤣 my "excuse" is so the dog can come and go as she likes, but really its just a habit at this point. First thing i do when i get in is open the back door.

This may sound cruel but get a water bottle and spray it through the fence (if you can) myne hates water and this works with her. She now stops as soon as she sees it.

Reactions: 3
I feel your pain. 5:30am-3pm daily, plus evenings if they go out. Like you say, it’s not the dog’s fault. It’s so selfish. Council wrote a letter then closed the case. Neighbour denies it.
It wakes us all everyday, and I work at home so I get driven absolutely mad. I could cry some days. It’s relentless.

This thread makes me anxious lol I’m moving into a new build next week and have a dog who barks when he sees someone I’m praying it doesn’t annoy my neighbors too much he never barks early in morning or late at night I wouldn’t allow that 😩

I leave our back door open all year round 🤣 my "excuse" is so the dog can come and go as she likes, but really its just a habit at this point. First thing i do when i get in is open the back door.

This may sound cruel but get a water bottle and spray it through the fence (if you can) myne hates water and this works with her. She now stops as soon as she sees it.
[/QUOTE]
I leave mine open all year round as well for my cats 😅 that said I live alone and other than the TV don't make noise

We moved house yesterday, away from the noisy neighbours. We keep standing on the doorstep and listening to the silence. My husband heard an owl hooting. It makes a refreshing change from our former nextdoors shouting duck and bleep every 10 minutes. I’d like to to punish them in some way for affecting my life and mental health so badly. I honestly thought I’d lost the ability to feel happy. I could cry with happiness now. It’s so unfair that someone can affect you in this way.
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but if someone wants to buy their council house, perhaps the council ought to ask the neighbours before they are allowed to buy. The woman on the other side moved in and made extensive renovations to her house, she wasn’t there long and now she’s renting it out. She was probably fed up of the swearing and footballs being booted against her fence all day. The man who lives at the back has started keeping the footballs that go in, before the little shits can climb over and get them.
My advice to anyone who has scummy neighbours, if you can move, do it. You won’t realise how much it’s affecting you until you are free of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
We moved house yesterday, away from the noisy neighbours. We keep standing on the doorstep and listening to the silence. My husband heard an owl hooting. It makes a refreshing change from our former nextdoors shouting duck and bleep every 10 minutes. I’d like to to punish them in some way for affecting my life and mental health so badly. I honestly thought I’d lost the ability to feel happy. I could cry with happiness now. It’s so unfair that someone can affect you in this way.
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but if someone wants to buy their council house, perhaps the council ought to ask the neighbours before they are allowed to buy. The woman on the other side moved in and made extensive renovations to her house, she wasn’t there long and now she’s renting it out. She was probably fed up of the swearing and footballs being booted against her fence all day. The man who lives at the back has started keeping the footballs that go in, before the little shits can climb over and get them.
My advice to anyone who has scummy neighbours, if you can move, do it. You won’t realise how much it’s affecting you until you are free of it.
We are the in the same position. Just recently moved to a detached house after years of nightmare neighbours. We’ve moved from a house that was warm & modern and we’d spent a lot on it to a house that is cold, old, and needs a lot of work, but I’m honestly so much happier already. We can fix all those things but I’ve learned that no matter what you try you can’t fix bad neighbours. They just will never understand the impact they have on others

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.