Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is just awful.
Just a daily occurrence. It’s distressing to listen to them. Kids often say they wish the parents were dead. Dad tried to get them all to go to Home Bargains the other day because they never do anything as a family. Is it any wonder 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 5
What chance do those poor kids have!
That’s what we keep saying. They have PlayStations, massive tv and car, holidays abroad, but the whole family speak to each other like this. The other week I saw a small girl in their garden, must have been about 5 and she was pulling her knickers down and showing the older kids. I wanted to vomit.
Sometimes I think we are over sensitive, but surely this isn’t normal

• Wow
Ughh we had some work done on our house today and my downstairs neighbour came round and asked if the workers could pause work for 1 hour, because she has to do a presentation and wouldn't stop talking for 20 minutes. Our builders were even working on the 3rd floor and the only noise affecting her was moving materials/gear in and out!

Normally wouldn't be too bothered, but they had 6months of loud building work every day earlier this year... Imagine if I had gone round every time I needed to make a work call :rolleyes:

Reactions: 10
Is there anything you can do if your neighbours dog constantly barks 24/7 especially in the mornings? I’m loosing the will

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Is there anything you can do if your neighbours dog constantly barks 24/7 especially in the mornings? I’m loosing the will
Same with our neighbours. When it gets too bad I bang on the wall and yell at them to shut up. You can reports them to the council and keep a diary, or RSPCA if you think they are being mistreated. The problem is, if you ever decided to move house, you would have to declare it 😢

Reactions: 3
Same with our neighbours. When it gets too bad I bang on the wall and yell at them to shut up. You can reports them to the council and keep a diary, or RSPCA if you think they are being mistreated. The problem is, if you ever decided to move house, you would have to declare it 😢
this is the problem with every neighbur issue and why I have never declared mine...
Mine weren't related to animals anywya, but atm all the animal charities are so full up that even if you make a cmplanet there is nothing they can do

Reactions: 1
I finally had mediation with the neighbours (separately). What an absolute waste of time. The mediator asks us what's been going on (will not look at any proof - Photos etc, at all), then goes to the neighbour and says "do you do XYZ", neighbour says "no", and then that's it!!
What's the point of that?! Of course they're going to deny everything. The mediator just seems to accept it and then when we say we have proof, she won't look at anything because they're not allowed to.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I finally had mediation with the neighbours (separately). What an absolute waste of time. The mediator asks us what's been going on (will not look at any proof - Photos etc, at all), then goes to the neighbour and says "do you do XYZ", neighbour says "no", and then that's it!!
What's the point of that?! Of course they're going to deny everything. The mediator just seems to accept it and then when we say we have proof, she won't look at anything because they're not allowed to.
Well that’s terrible and a waste of time. What happens now? Sorry it was crap

this is the problem with every neighbur issue and why I have never declared mine...
Mine weren't related to animals anywya, but atm all the animal charities are so full up that even if you make a cmplanet there is nothing they can do
I feel for you. I too had dreadful neighbours and my place was on the market. Like you said I had to declare it. I did eventually find a buyer and explained I had gotton the police involved as I was concerned about the welfare of a child. Thankfully he still went ahead but it was incredibly stressful

Reactions: 4
This might be a bit long winded, but I’m at the end of my tether and I need a rant!

Our neighbours are bleeping awful.

They have two cars and a huge work van. We live in a tiny street where it’s a rule you park outside your house, if you can’t fit your car(s), then you need to park in the car park in behind the street.
Do they follow that rule? Course they don’t! They park wherever they see fit - including outside our house/blocking us in!

They didn’t realise I was home the other day and could hear them slating us in the street, saying it’s ridiculous we won’t move our car when it’s not in use and that their son has to park around the back car park when he visits. Apparently he has more right because they’ve lived there longer than we have…

The Dad drink drives in the van. He comes home in it around midnight every single night, sometimes falling over and vomiting in the street. We’ve called police, they won’t do anything because they have ‘no proof’ he’s driven once he’s home.

Their dogs CONSTANTLY bark. The slightest noise triggers them. You open your front door, they bark.
They have a 9 month old cocker and an older westie. The cocker needs two decent walks every single day. Most I’ve ever seen them walk it is to the corner shop and back (which is approx two mins away, if you walk slowly.)
There’s been nights where they’ve barked until 3am. We’ve knocked on the door, ignored. We’ve asked them in the street to please put a stop to it because it’s unfair we have to listen to it all night. They haven’t done anything.

I’m very poorly at the moment, so sleep is very valued and important. I’ve had maybe four hours sleep, all broken, because of those dogs barking. Again, tried banging on the door. Nothing. I don’t know how they can cope being in the same house as it!

They’ve now gone and got eight chickens and two roosters. Meaning even more noise pollution 😡

They have their teenager living there as well, and he blares his TV with his window wide open at all hours. Again, ignores all reasonable requests to please not do this at gone 1am on a weekday.
Their daughter is one of those children who just screams constantly. High pitched, long winded, and ear piercing. She’s nine years old. Absolutely no need for it.

We are looking at moving soon, and they are a big factor as to why. I just don’t know what to do in the meantime. I’ve reported to the council once before but not heard anything. Is it worth reporting again, or is there other avenues to take?

Just feel like I’m losing my mind. I’ve not had a solid nights sleep in months because of their noise 😫😫😫

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
This might be a bit long winded, but I’m at the end of my tether and I need a rant!

Our neighbours are bleeping awful.

They have two cars and a huge work van. We live in a tiny street where it’s a rule you park outside your house, if you can’t fit your car(s), then you need to park in the car park in behind the street.
Do they follow that rule? Course they don’t! They park wherever they see fit - including outside our house/blocking us in!

They didn’t realise I was home the other day and could hear them slating us in the street, saying it’s ridiculous we won’t move our car when it’s not in use and that their son has to park around the back car park when he visits. Apparently he has more right because they’ve lived there longer than we have…

The Dad drink drives in the van. He comes home in it around midnight every single night, sometimes falling over and vomiting in the street. We’ve called police, they won’t do anything because they have ‘no proof’ he’s driven once he’s home.

Their dogs CONSTANTLY bark. The slightest noise triggers them. You open your front door, they bark.
They have a 9 month old cocker and an older westie. The cocker needs two decent walks every single day. Most I’ve ever seen them walk it is to the corner shop and back (which is approx two mins away, if you walk slowly.)
There’s been nights where they’ve barked until 3am. We’ve knocked on the door, ignored. We’ve asked them in the street to please put a stop to it because it’s unfair we have to listen to it all night. They haven’t done anything.

I’m very poorly at the moment, so sleep is very valued and important. I’ve had maybe four hours sleep, all broken, because of those dogs barking. Again, tried banging on the door. Nothing. I don’t know how they can cope being in the same house as it!

They’ve now gone and got eight chickens and two roosters. Meaning even more noise pollution 😡

They have their teenager living there as well, and he blares his TV with his window wide open at all hours. Again, ignores all reasonable requests to please not do this at gone 1am on a weekday.
Their daughter is one of those children who just screams constantly. High pitched, long winded, and ear piercing. She’s nine years old. Absolutely no need for it.

We are looking at moving soon, and they are a big factor as to why. I just don’t know what to do in the meantime. I’ve reported to the council once before but not heard anything. Is it worth reporting again, or is there other avenues to take?

Just feel like I’m losing my mind. I’ve not had a solid nights sleep in months because of their noise 😫😫😫
How soon are you planning to move? Legally you have to disclose issues with neighbours so it might be worth just keeping quiet and praying they get some non driving similarly minded neighbours buying your house?

Tbh parking sounds kike my street, bar the alternative parking a street away. Its unbelievable how ppl think parking should be courteous in their favour when they have more vehicles than space 🙄
Ours CAN get 2 cars on their drive so van could park infront of their house but they refuse, park them on the road in a line and move them inches up and down the road every time someone moves.
Its no wonder their starter motor went 😂

How soon are you planning to move? Legally you have to disclose issues with neighbours so it might be worth just keeping quiet and praying they get some non driving similarly minded neighbours buying your house?

Tbh parking sounds kike my street, bar the alternative parking a street away. Its unbelievable how ppl think parking should be courteous in their favour when they have more vehicles than space 🙄
Ours CAN get 2 cars on their drive so van could park infront of their house but they refuse, park them on the road in a line and move them inches up and down the road every time someone moves.
Its no wonder their starter motor went 😂
We don’t own our house, so don’t have the worry of selling it.

We have spoken to them previously several times regarding the dogs, and asking them to move their vehicles when they’ve blocked us in and requested they stop parking in front of it. They still don’t listen, though. My boyfriend went to work this morning in the car, no sooner he got to the end of the street, they moved one of their cars in front of our house. Weirdos!

I’ve said to my partner I think I’m going to put a note through their door and then see what happens from there. At least with a note I can prove what has been said and moves any room for allegations/denial of contact.

Reactions: 2

We have spoken to them previously several times regarding the dogs, and asking them to move their vehicles when they’ve blocked us in and requested they stop parking in front of it. They still don’t listen, though. My boyfriend went to work this morning in the car, no sooner he got to the end of the street, they moved one of their cars in front of our house. Weirdos!

I’ve said to my partner I think I’m going to put a note through their door and then see what happens from there. At least with a note I can prove what has been said and moves any room for allegations/denial of contact.
If you are in a position to move out I honestly would. It is not worth the worry and impact on your health.

I know it shouldn’t matter and you should not have to move but I wouldn’t put myself through it if there was an option to leave.

Reactions: 12

In that case, complain relentlessly until you move out! Ppl like that get away with it because ppl are too scared to stand up to them because we have learnt about consequences to our actions

• Heart
Reactions: 7

If you know his registration number you can report anonymously to Crimestoppers online. If you know approximate times and where he drinks then that would also help them catch him when he’s driving. I abhor drink drivers.

Reactions: 10
We are saving to move out, and should be able to by Christmas hopefully. Houses here go so quickly, it’s insane. Two people have moved out since we’ve been here - one had a sold sign up within two days, the other had a let agreed sign up within four days.

We have tried to suss out where he drinks by driving past a few pubs whilst we’ve been out and about, on the off chance of seeing him, but no sightings so far. All I know is he usually leaves for work around 7am and doesn’t come home until at least 11.30pm - at least 3 days a working week.

-

To add to the street drama as well, our other neighbour, (who’s lived there for 40+ years so has appointed himself king of the street - genuinely, he comes round to tell new neighbours his expectations for living in the street), found it necessary to be out in the street with original post neighbours, berating us for having a second car.

The second car is parked in a space outside a house that has been knocked down. It is not allocated to anyone, it’s a ‘free space’. King Neighbour himself told us that we were free to use this space as he himself doesn’t have a car, so has no problem with it being used. (how kind of him 🥴).
The car does get moved/used, so it isn’t like no one else can claim the space. We’re fine with parking round the back when required.

He acted more than nice to our face, has brought our bins to the back area for us many a time, even popped to the shop for us when we had covid and needed some essentials… So I don’t understand why he’s suddenly turned against us.

Not everyone in our street has a car, but the ones that do all have two cars, so it isn’t like we’re an exception to the rule.

Reactions: 4
In that case, complain relentlessly until you move out! Ppl like that get away with it because ppl are too scared to stand up to them because we have learnt about consequences to our actions
This kind of thing is happening to us and we are gritting our teeth until we have exchanged contract, then I might start yelling “shut up” when the dog barks every 15 minutes and they have the patio doors open practically 24/7 forcing me to listen to every swear word, argument and conversation in their sad and chavy life !

This kind of thing is happening to us and we are gritting our teeth until we have exchanged contract, then I might start yelling “shut up” when the dog barks every 15 minutes and they have the patio doors open practically 24/7 forcing me to listen to every swear word, argument and conversation in their sad and chavy life !
They do have sad lives. They thrive on making other ppls lives a misery

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.