Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are rented. The one I have most problems with who is directly below me is private rented, I have the details regarding the person who owns the property but have held back on getting in touch as I know that becomes a sticky situation when trying to sell. The rest I believe are council rented. There’s one other owner who is on the ground floor on the opposite side, she’s a lovely older woman, but is a bit of a pushover tbh and never says anything to the one having constant parties but will happily chat away to her like old friends.

I’ve contacted the council and police over the years but nobody is interested. I got fed up of fighting a losing battle.

Although moving back home does seem like the obvious answer, I do have to remind myself just how miserable I was living at home. I don’t have the best relationship with my family especially when we’re in close proximity for extended periods of time. My other option would be to downsize to a 1 bedroom flat but then I run the risk of having bad neighbours again. It would mean freeing up some money though as 1 beds would obviously be cheaper to buy and I think I’ll make a smallish profit on my current property. I would need to go back and speak to my mortgage adviser though about affordability etc. I’m still on a fixed rate until 2024 and I have absolutely no idea what the current rates are.

My brain is too fried from medication and lack of sleep to think straight right now. Need to make sure I’m in the right frame of mind and have seriously considered ALL options before making any final decisions. Ugh, joys of being an adult😑
I agree, I honestly think police/the council etc know that woman is going to be a nightmare to deal with and would rather deal with easy things you having a water feature or whatever

Reactions: 1
Hello!

I live in a flat and my bedroom wall adjoins onto my neighbours bedroom wall. He's got a new girlfriend and she is very loud in bed. They usually start up around 11 at night which is when I'm usually trying to get to sleep. This has been going on maybe once or twice a week for a few weeks now, I popped a polite note in to ask if they could be considerate of noise and didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks. Now she's round nearly every other night, I'm having to go and sleep on the sofa most nights because my usually sturdy ear plugs can't block the noise out. Has anyone else been in a similar position and how have you dealt with it? I'm not sure how to go round and speak to him in person and ask him to get his girlfriend to stop being noisy.

I'm considering buying some Bose ear buds to see if that will work but it's a lot of money to spend...!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Hello!

I live in a flat and my bedroom wall adjoins onto my neighbours bedroom wall. He's got a new girlfriend and she is very loud in bed. They usually start up around 11 at night which is when I'm usually trying to get to sleep. This has been going on maybe once or twice a week for a few weeks now, I popped a polite note in to ask if they could be considerate of noise and didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks. Now she's round nearly every other night, I'm having to go and sleep on the sofa most nights because my usually sturdy ear plugs can't block the noise out. Has anyone else been in a similar position and how have you dealt with it? I'm not sure how to go round and speak to him in person and ask him to get his girlfriend to stop being noisy.

I'm considering buying some Bose ear buds to see if that will work but it's a lot of money to spend...!
The only thing I can suggest is earplugs or headphones. My neighbours are noisy, kids shouting, people knocking on the door til gone midnight setting the dogs off barking. I hate them

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Hello!

Buy an air horn it’s cheaper

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hello!

When she starts, you should do an even louder “Meg Ryan” so that they hear you. If you do it every time, hopefully they’ll get the hint.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When she starts, you should do an even louder “Meg Ryan” so that they hear you. If you do it every time, hopefully they’ll get the hint.
Well it would certainly make two of us that are faking it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
AirPods and rain noise. Honestly only thing that sorts me out when my neighbours are going for it 😷

Cheer when they finish!
I know someone who had a rather ahem, "loud" neighbour many years ago!
Once the neighbours had finished doing their business, this guy and his wife sat in bed cheering and clapping and shouted "yaaaayyyy you've got a top class finish there guys!"
Went on for around 6 months and it was the same performance and crescendo every time. And they gave the same clapping etc response every time too!!!!! How the hell they kept a straight face when they saw the screamers out in the garden I'll never know!
I'd probably go one further and suggest a football rattle as well as cheering hahaha.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know someone who had a rather ahem, "loud" neighbour many years ago!
Once the neighbours had finished doing their business, this guy and his wife sat in bed cheering and clapping and shouted "yaaaayyyy you've got a top class finish there guys!"
Went on for around 6 months and it was the same performance and crescendo every time. And they gave the same clapping etc response every time too!!!!! How the hell they kept a straight face when they saw the screamers out in the garden I'll never know!
I'd probably go one further and suggest a football rattle as well as cheering hahaha.
Start giving ratings; 10/10, fastest time ever, woop!

• Haha
It’s almost 2am and the neighbours are still up shouting to each other. The kids are in their bedroom playing on their consoles. Dad is shouting comments up the stairs to them and laughing really loud. The best ear plugs in the world can’t block this racket out. Im soooo tired 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I like that idea. Perhaps you could punctuate the moans with "Boris oh Boris!"
Or perhaps not!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I am with Yellow lady on this one 7.30 in a sunday is a unacceptable I get the impression the lady living in the property doesn't care much about what she does and the bloke and speak perfect English !
7.30 is way too early, but what country is it? If it is in the UK fine but if it is in a hot country doing things early in the morning like this is pretty normal

I live in a row of terrace houses with separate garages. I rent my garage out to a company to store ladders. My neighbour rang the fire brigade out May 21 saying there were chemicals in the garage and he was being made ill by the fumes. Fire brigade looked in and said no. Two days later he broke into it. so i called the police and as he hadnt done any damage or stolen anything its not a criminal offence. Police woman went to speak to him and said he was obsessed and referred him to council environmental health . the fumes were from him painting his garage door. He was angry as he wanted me to rent garage to his mate. I found out April 22 the lock to my garage has been tampered with and none of the other 3 there had been either so I had to replace the lock. Whilst looking at garage I found hes got a camera facing the garages .
I had a bloke around to quote for new front and back garden and he asked bloke what he was quoting for . I feel like im being watched

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I live in a row of terrace houses with separate garages. I rent my garage out to a company to store ladders. My neighbour rang the fire brigade out May 21 saying there were chemicals in the garage and he was being made ill by the fumes. Fire brigade looked in and said no. Two days later he broke into it. so i called the police and as he hadnt done any damage or stolen anything its not a criminal offence. Police woman went to speak to him and said he was obsessed and referred him to council environmental health . the fumes were from him painting his garage door. He was angry as he wanted me to rent garage to his mate. I found out April 22 the lock to my garage has been tampered with and none of the other 3 there had been either so I had to replace the lock. Whilst looking at garage I found hes got a camera facing the garages .
I had a bloke around to quote for new front and back garden and he asked bloke what he was quoting for . I feel like im being watched
That is terrible. He sounds bitter about the garage.
My new neighbour is constantly asking contractors what we are getting done and how much we’ve paid for things. It’s doing my head in. He’s always at the door when we get deliveries too 🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Sounds like he has some MH issues. Perhaps he’s got nothing better to do with his life. All you can do is ignore him really. I would have thought the police could have threatened him with being arrested for breaking and entering, or criminal damage. Write everything down because what he’s doing could be classed as harassment.

We had all the parts for our new bathroom delivered this morning. No doubt nosey Nora over the road will be waiting until we leave the house to pounce and ask what we are getting done 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sounds like he has some MH issues. Perhaps he’s got nothing better to do with his life. All you can do is ignore him really. I would have thought the police could have threatened him with being arrested for breaking and entering, or criminal damage. Write everything down because what he’s doing could be classed as harassment.
its considered tresspass which is a civil thing. My mother is a psychologist and thinks its not MH. Oh when he was complaining about the fumes he asked all the neighbours if they can smell it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.