Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My noisy neighbours went away for a week and honestly the difference in my sleep has been incredible. I didnt realise how much I hear them until they went away. Low and behold thurs night I suddenly hear a load of banging and dogs barking and shouting....yeah they are back. Their house literally echoes!

On another note my parents live in a fairly fancy new build area(they are disabled so local authority moved them there), they have this family who moved on the quiet close beginning of last year and they are proper chavvy. They let their kids play in the road and leave random chairs over peoples drives or in the middle of the road(from football) toys in peoples gardens, just shite everywhere. My mum has carers twice a day as does the lady next door and the amount of times you have to stop the car and move a load of shite out the way is ridiculous. The house the family lives in has a tiny path in front of it and the family all pile outside and sit on chairs in the road and give you the evil eye when they have to move so you can drive your car past. There a few people in the little close who have disabilities so carers and ambulances are a fairly regular occurance. I know my mums carers have been questioned by this family whenever they ask them to move along. The police have been called several times as they have been full blown fighting in the street with another family. They have been put there from our local housing authority and apparantly they have had loads of complaints about them. No idea why they havent moved them out, the front of their house is covered in weird rubbish like bottles, halloween/xmas decs, broken furniture etc. I can just see one of the kids getting run over, its an accident waiting to happen. There is a big green literally around the corner and the family has a back garden so why they think its okay to let them play on a road I dont know.

Also this might be a coincidence but my mum has been having a large gas bill for the past 6 months, when she showed me the letter not only was her address on it but the chavvy family's address was on it too!! She didnt even notice. It has been sorted now and she has been paid back but I have no idea how that could happen, their house numbers are completely different.
Wtf is it with scum and their complete inability to stay away from other ppls property? Also bloody shame on the housing association! We have the same, ex council street, mostly bought due to the houses being massive but the council insist on placing drug dealers and absolute dreggs in the few houses they have when they come up!
It enrages me as I dont believe (grew up in a housing association house myself) that theres no decent families waiting for large 3 bedroom houses and its a good area with good schools.

Someone i know works for the council housing bit and said they do it to try and encourage them to behave, like see us setting an example... well that ABSOLUTELY does not happen. I know ppl all over the area in similar situations to us and not 1 has solved the scummy families inability to behave.

I wish they would just round them up and put them in a ghetto tbh

I know!! It didnt bother me too much at first but its just getting worse, I literally had kids just walking around my car earlier as i was trying to park where they were playing football and I ended up running over a pair of their plimsols as they just stared at me as I was asking them to move them as I had to park there lol
They do this in my street too. Gobs hanging open, stood behind your car as you reverse. Absolutely dragged up.

Honestly ppl just need to report it constantly! Our bratty kids in the street have been quiet for the last 18 months. Long may it continue.

Always council and police and if there's kids social services. These kids never asked to be born into these situations and if they are being dragged up, its neglectful and as I've witnessed the kids who were dragged up in school with me have had kids who are even worse so they need the cycle broke

Reactions: 5
The knobheads at the end of the garage are playing their music so loud again today.

It isn't even decent music!!! We currently have a playlist consisting of snow patrol, James Blunt and other similar 10 year old men singing depressing songs.

It's so frustrating when you want to enjoy your garden and have to listen to this tit at full blast

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The knobheads at the end of the garage are playing their music so loud again today.

It isn't even decent music!!! We currently have a playlist consisting of snow patrol, James Blunt and other similar 10 year old men singing depressing songs.

It's so frustrating when you want to enjoy your garden and have to listen to this tit at full blast
I can sympathise. I either get 70s disco or warbling women like Celine Dion from my neighbours. My neighbourhood is very quiet too, so they drown out all the birdsong. They put some awful crap on last night when I was sat in the garden and I gave up and went in.

Reactions: 3
I can sympathise. I either get 70s disco or warbling women like Celine Dion from my neighbours. My neighbourhood is very quiet too, so they drown out all the birdsong. They put some awful crap on last night when I was sat in the garden and I gave up and went in.
I hate that the advice you get is to put on ear phones to block out noisy neighbours.

Erm no, how about they put the head phones on, or even better shut the hell up!

(Have very noisy neighbours a few doors down, turned a quiet cul-de-sac into a construction zone every time the sun shines, and gets aggressive when told to cut it out. I wish all the dickheads could go live together and make each other's lives hell, and leave us quiet people to relax and enjoy the peace!)

Reactions: 15
I hate that the advice you get is to put on ear phones to block out noisy neighbours.

Erm no, how about they put the head phones on, or even better shut the hell up!

(Have very noisy neighbours a few doors down, turned a quiet cul-de-sac into a construction zone every time the sun shines, and gets aggressive when told to cut it out. I wish all the dickheads could go live together and make each other's lives hell, and leave us quiet people to relax and enjoy the peace!)
I was at the end of the garden and my husband on the patio at the top of the garden by the house.

I shout up to him "Mr HoGi can you get me my headphones please" he asked which ones and I replied "my noise cancelling ones"

Trying to passive aggressively tell the neighbour to shut the duck up but it didn't work 😑

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I joined a group on FB called neighbours from hell UK I thought it was going to be full of help support and advice and practical things we can do.
To be honest, though it seems to be full of people like my own neighbour, who would be saying all kinds of hysterical rubbish about me if she were on there.
she is paranoid and thinks I am only alive to piss her off.

I wonder if this is why police. housing and local councils have just about given up because those who are the problem shout the loudest?
I agree about the FB groups. My previous neighbours were crazy and used to play full blast music if any children were playing in the gardens backing onto them (new build so loads of gardens close by). As soon as the kids went in, the music would stop. Rinse & repeat. I lived alone so it wasn't aimed at me but I soon realised when I could hear the music trying to drown out random kids playing.

But I imagine they would have been on all the FB sites moaning about kids on trampolines or people having BBQs, when IMO that's just people living normally.

Reactions: 1
Just had an awful encounter with a police officer who is supposed to be dealing with my complaint about the neighbour. Dragged me into a meeting to discuss things & then said he couldn't do anything about the harassment, which he could've just said on the phone. Made me so annoyed and upset and he revelled in me being upset and said I need psychological help. So upset now. Said I should shut my curtains if I didn't want to see the neighbour standing in front of my house. Said I shouldn't have a file on what's been going on, but then totally contradicted himself by saying I should keep recording incidents, take CCTV footage etc. I'm so confused. Felt like a total character assassination.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Just had an awful encounter with a police officer who is supposed to be dealing with my complaint about the neighbour. Dragged me into a meeting to discuss things & then said he couldn't do anything about the harassment, which he could've just said on the phone. Made me so annoyed and upset and he revelled in me being upset and said I need psychological help. So upset now. Said I should shut my curtains if I didn't want to see the neighbour standing in front of my house. Said I shouldn't have a file on what's been going on, but then totally contradicted himself by saying I should keep recording incidents, take CCTV footage etc. I'm so confused. Felt like a total character assassination.
Im so sorry! Some neighbourhood police are absolute c u next tuesdays.
I had the exact same years ago with ours. I assume hes gone now, ive never spoke to him since but he basically made me out to be a criminal for having a ring doorbell. Said i was illegally filming people, even though it only starts recording when youre QUITE a bit into my front garden.
Clearly knew nothing about video doorbells which are on every other house going these days, didn't want to listen. Interrupted every point i tried to make and left me just aa upset as the behaviour of the neighbours i was complaining about.

Honestly if I was you I would ask to speak to someone else, his senior maybe? Or if you can email him, write up the points you've taken away from this and get him to agree/confirm what he said in writing and watch him squirm? Dont just roll over and let him do this because he's too lazy to do his job!

Reactions: 4
Im so sorry! Some neighbourhood police are absolute c u next tuesdays.
I had the exact same years ago with ours. I assume hes gone now, ive never spoke to him since but he basically made me out to be a criminal for having a ring doorbell. Said i was illegally filming people, even though it only starts recording when youre QUITE a bit into my front garden.
Clearly knew nothing about video doorbells which are on every other house going these days, didn't want to listen. Interrupted every point i tried to make and left me just aa upset as the behaviour of the neighbours i was complaining about.

Honestly if I was you I would ask to speak to someone else, his senior maybe? Or if you can email him, write up the points you've taken away from this and get him to agree/confirm what he said in writing and watch him squirm? Dont just roll over and let him do this because he's too lazy to do his job!
That's one of my problems too - they either make up the law as it suits them, or they all say things that contradict each other! Madness.
My mum was with me, thank goodness, and has emailed him and his supervisor. He has just replied with an empty apology. Nothing from his supervisor. I doubt they will say anything as they all close ranks.
I won't be dealing with him again. I'll refuse. Supposed to be doing mediation soon, but I don't want him involved.
Sorry it happened to you too. It's so upsetting that the people who are supposed to help turn out to be incredibly unhelpful.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
That's one of my problems too - they either make up the law as it suits them, or they all say things that contradict each other! Madness.
My mum was with me, thank goodness, and has emailed him and his supervisor. He has just replied with an empty apology. Nothing from his supervisor. I doubt they will say anything as they all close ranks.
I won't be dealing with him again. I'll refuse. Supposed to be doing mediation soon, but I don't want him involved.
Sorry it happened to you too. It's so upsetting that the people who are supposed to help turn out to be incredibly unhelpful.
The way he tried to turn it all on me when I had called the police and made the complaint. I only mentioned the doorbell because I said they were setting it off coming onto my property and trespassing. My front garden is huge, anyone coming onto my property is purposefully there, there's no mistake. He flat out refused to look up my house on google maps so I could prove him wrong 😂 he tried to make out that kids sitting by my front door... just a mere 30ft from the street was normal, kids being kids and even though I had evidence of criminal damage, i was the unreasonable one for simply wanting them off my property 🤷🏻‍♀️
Maybe he should have listened and done something about it as now they are making ppls (thankfully not in the street) lives hell

Reactions: 4
The way he tried to turn it all on me when I had called the police and made the complaint. I only mentioned the doorbell because I said they were setting it off coming onto my property and trespassing. My front garden is huge, anyone coming onto my property is purposefully there, there's no mistake. He flat out refused to look up my house on google maps so I could prove him wrong 😂 he tried to make out that kids sitting by my front door... just a mere 30ft from the street was normal, kids being kids and even though I had evidence of criminal damage, i was the unreasonable one for simply wanting them off my property 🤷🏻‍♀️
Maybe he should have listened and done something about it as now they are making ppls (thankfully not in the street) lives hell
Strangely enough, I've had that same problem in another house - kids sitting on my steps, running up and down my path, then throwing stones at my window. The police's answer? Close your curtains so you can't see them!! :mad::mad::mad: This was when I was a teenager, and I honestly thought my mum was gonna thump the copper! :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
They told me to move if it was upsetting me that much. I made an official complaint, initially at the local stage (call to the station) and then when the Sergeant backed up the PC's comment I logged a complaint via the website.
I then got a call from an Inspector who told me it was a civil matter, even though there was criminal damage (painted our windows black, poured paint through the sunroof of our car and more) and also threats to kill. They just refused to do anything.

In the end my mental health was so fragile we fled and left our home to be repossessed.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Morning

Can I please join? I’m really struggling at the moment feeling totally overwhelmed and anxious! We bought our dream home 2 years ago- it’s really beautiful and quite remote apart from the other 5 houses on the same lane. Two houses are owned by 2 brothers. The families are lovely but there is a son who has mental health issues. he has told me this himself, I can’t remember all but it’s definitely ADHD, depression and either BPD or he’s bipolar. It’s incredibly sad and we’ve tried to be really kind but he has a huge dog that’s aggressive and he just lets it run wild including on our garden and in our house, we’re scared to death it might hurt our kids. Up to recently he’s apologised for the dog being free and that he has no idea how it’s happening (he does) but he’s turned now- from what I understand of bpd the sufferer can’t see anyone grey areas when it comes to people: they are either good or bad. Well now we are completely bad in his books and the behaviour is awful. Luckily the family are dealing with it but I’m still so nervous to sit on our back door. There are cars coming down our lane at all hours (only staying a matter of seconds) and he constantly looks medicated up. I know it’s wrong to make assumptions but when you look at the characteristics of sufferers it does say they have more chance of substance abuse. There was also an incident last year where armed police came and arrested him.

On the other side to us a family moved in about 6 months after us. They seemed nice at first and my daughter knew their kids from school. She is actually the loudest woman in the world which is annoying but obviously not on the same scale as the other side. She shouts and screeches constantly and then shell just come into the garden where everyone’s just enjoying their gardens and start blasting out ABBA (I’m not even joking). However one of the older teenage sons started bullying my child who is a couple of years younger and on one occasion hurt and humiliated then in front of a group of older boys. He’s not a nice boy and he treats his own sibling awfully. As the other side is so unpredictable, when we were told that the family knew of the incidents and were dealing with we just tried to move on. However a couple of weeks ago the mum started pulling down a rose Bush that’s actually mine. When I asked her to stop she got all angry and acting all daft.

I’ll be honest my patience just totally left me and I told them to “just duck off”. I’m so angry at myself for losing it. I really just want a quiet life.

sorry to have read so many other horrible stories on here- why can’tpeople just be considerate.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We've got a new neighbour that insists on walking their very sweet corgi up and down the back alley. Which isn't really what it's for but it's not forbidden. We'll maybe it is but no one can find the missing 180 year old covenant that relates to the access lol. But the dog always sets my dog off. But it's f all to do with me so I've got to smile and be like it's fine. When really I want to knock on their door and be like you need to stop. But I'm trying this whole being a decent person and not kicking off at strangers thing.

Morning

Can I please join? I’m really struggling at the moment feeling totally overwhelmed and anxious! We bought our dream home 2 years ago- it’s really beautiful and quite remote apart from the other 5 houses on the same lane. Two houses are owned by 2 brothers. The families are lovely but there is a son who has mental health issues. he has told me this himself, I can’t remember all but it’s definitely ADHD, depression and either BPD or he’s bipolar. It’s incredibly sad and we’ve tried to be really kind but he has a huge dog that’s aggressive and he just lets it run wild including on our garden and in our house, we’re scared to death it might hurt our kids. Up to recently he’s apologised for the dog being free and that he has no idea how it’s happening (he does) but he’s turned now- from what I understand of bpd the sufferer can’t see anyone grey areas when it comes to people: they are either good or bad. Well now we are completely bad in his books and the behaviour is awful. Luckily the family are dealing with it but I’m still so nervous to sit on our back door. There are cars coming down our lane at all hours (only staying a matter of seconds) and he constantly looks medicated up. I know it’s wrong to make assumptions but when you look at the characteristics of sufferers it does say they have more chance of substance abuse. There was also an incident last year where armed police came and arrested him.

On the other side to us a family moved in about 6 months after us. They seemed nice at first and my daughter knew their kids from school. She is actually the loudest woman in the world which is annoying but obviously not on the same scale as the other side. She shouts and screeches constantly and then shell just come into the garden where everyone’s just enjoying their gardens and start blasting out ABBA (I’m not even joking). However one of the older teenage sons started bullying my child who is a couple of years younger and on one occasion hurt and humiliated then in front of a group of older boys. He’s not a nice boy and he treats his own sibling awfully. As the other side is so unpredictable, when we were told that the family knew of the incidents and were dealing with we just tried to move on. However a couple of weeks ago the mum started pulling down a rose Bush that’s actually mine. When I asked her to stop she got all angry and acting all daft.

I’ll be honest my patience just totally left me and I told them to “just duck off”. I’m so angry at myself for losing it. I really just want a quiet life.

sorry to have read so many other horrible stories on here- why can’tpeople just be considerate.
Oh this sounds awful, bless you. Nothing worse than not being able to fully enjoy your own home etc. I've never had issues like this thankfully, but my mother and father-in-law had some issues with neighbours similar to the first lot you described. It was hell for months then it just seemed to die down and they eventually moved.

Are the houses either side of you owned by the neighbours, or are they rented? If rented, can you complain to the landlords as you're not getting very far with the neighbours themselves.

Regarding the dog, have you made the council/police aware of a potentially dangerous dog? You can do this anonymously, or if you explain the situation to the operator on the phone you can tell them you wish to keep it private to avoid any future trouble etc.

As for the neighbour the otherside, I know you say you want a nice quiet life, but good for you on telling her to duck off! Sometimes this is what it takes for people to start respecting you and stop taking the piss. I hope it helps! Have you seen her since?

Reactions: 1
There's a house on the street behind my house, council tenants, the kids causing and bringing trouble to the area. Police effing useless, council completely ignoring. Some poor sods bought the house joined on too

There's a house on the street behind my house, council tenants, the kids causing and bringing trouble to the area. Police effing useless, council completely ignoring. Some poor sods bought the house joined on too
Can't believe the council are ignoring it! Have you started logging things and then build up a bit of a 'portfolio' to hand to the council and threaten legal action? Not sure what would be as fortunately I've never been in this situation, but surely somethings worth a try.

Can't believe the council are ignoring it! Have you started logging things and then build up a bit of a 'portfolio' to hand to the council and threaten legal action? Not sure what would be as fortunately I've never been in this situation, but surely somethings worth a try.
Not really as everyones affected 😕 i kinda want to start a 1 woman hate campaign and gather all the evidence from neighbours but equally dont want to become anymore of a target then we are already due to location...

Are they definitely council or HA tenants?

Are they definitely council or HA tenants?
Yea its a council house. Spoke to the council housing asb person about them and they are "known" to them 🙄
dh and I were brought up in HA homes but we had parents that taught us respect for people and their property.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.