Obscure TV Shows you loved as a child!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“The Gingerbread Man” from the early 90s. Weird animation about a gingerbread man (obvs) and his kitchen equipment mates that came alive at night when the humans went to sleep. I had it on video and used to watch it when I was ill / loved the theme song. 🙃

Reactions: 3
Not sure how obscure these are but colleagues (around the same age) mostly don't remember them....

Jamie and the Magic Torch
The Boy From Space 😱 (soooo creepy!)
How We Used To Live
Why Don't You? ("Just switch off your television set and go out and do something less boring instead!")
Junior Kick Start
The Red Hand Gang
The Adventure Game (LOVED this!)
Nanny (more of a family show, I think, but as a kid I loved it.)
Degrassi Junior High
Sweet Valley High
Heartbreak High
Party of Five

Agree with those who said Eerie Indiana....one of my all time faves ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sweet Valley High
I remember reading some of the books of that. IIRC it went a bit strange near the end.

I always preferred The Babysitters Club though, book wise :ROFLMAO: Not seen the recent Netflix adaptation of it, and I have doubts it would be worth it either.

Reactions: 2
Sweet Valley high was the best!!

watched it couple of weeks ago on youtube, so funny to see how that fashion has come around again!

the twins still look gorgeous today! They have aged very well

I remember reading some of the books of that. IIRC it went a bit strange near the end.
I remember having a few of the books but they didn't leave a lasting impression. Judy Blume's books though...I felt so 'grown up' reading those! 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone remember the live action version of Jacqueline Wilson's Double Act? I vaguely remember the twins looking like Rupert Grint lol.

Sweet Valley high was the best!!

watched it couple of weeks ago on youtube, so funny to see how that fashion has come around again!

the twins still look gorgeous today! They have aged very well
i was obsessef with this too! i always wanted a jeep like them 😂 so many good shows around that time, all of those american teen dramas with actors probably in their 30s
i also loved clarissa explains it all

i was obsessef with this too! i always wanted a jeep like them 😂 so many good shows around that time, all of those american teen dramas with actors probably in their 30s
i also loved clarissa explains it all
Melissa Joan Hart posted Clarissa started 31 years ago today!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Seen a few of my favourites mentioned including Big Kids (which my mum LOVED), Mopatop's Shop (banging theme tune), The Hoobs, Bump the Elephant, Grizzly Tales for Gruesome Kids (jfc the intro was scary), Oakie Doke (what a proper gent he was), Bamzooki (could never get my Bamzookis to stand upright let alone run 🤣 )

Some other faves include:
- Captain Abercromby which was a puppet show about a boy who dreamt of travelling the seas to find his grandpa's watch, apparently it only ran for one series in 2002
- Tazmania which I primarily remember because it had the most chaotic theme song of all time sung by a guy with a really thick Aussie accent so I never understood what he actually said 🤣
- Tiny Planets which was a cartoon about a pair of aliens called Bing and Bong who travelled to different planets
- Ripley and Scuff which was a group of puppets who travelled to different schools and joined in with the kids' lessons. I was desperate for them to visit my school 🤣 they also sang a banging song at the end with equally banging dance moves

not sure if it has been mentioned but i loved superted when i was very little, also the clangers which is like some kind of werd horror movie in a way

Reactions: 1
Singing Ringing Tree was a favourite. We loved the Bear and the giant fish that used to appear.

Count Duckula was a great programme. Remember watching it while I was at uni. Probably not the target demographic

• Haha
Reactions: 2
sam! anf the music which alwaysplayed!
sam!!! thank you, i knew it was an s-name!

yes, that little guitar twang whenever he’d appear and his leather jacket and 90s hair 😍🔥 i should google what he looks like now but i’m scared to 🤣

• Haha