Obscure TV Shows you loved as a child!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw this on another website,and thought it might be quite interesting!
Some that are mentioned were, The Brittas Empire, I use to quite enjoy watching this!
The Queens Nose
Game on, with Samantha Janus, I kind of remember this!

Any others that you can remember?

Reactions: 15
I loved the queen's nose too, and Game on!
"As If" I used to love and thought they were all ridiculously cool and was in love with Rob.

There was also some Australian show I think it was the secret Life of us or something? It was far too grown up for me with lots of sex but it was good haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I remember staying up late to watch Balls of Steel and Bromwell High (short lived adult cartoon about a high school in London).

Also liked Unsolved Mysteries and Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction?

Reactions: 3
Zzzap!
Spellbinder
Wolves, Witches and Giants
Fun House
Woof!

Reactions: 11
Does anyone remember the drama called Jeopardy with the group of Scottish teens who went to the Australian outback to look for ufos? I always thought it was so different to all the other shows on cbbc with the “found footage” element.

Also used to love the Serious tv series on cbbc. They had serious Amazon, Arctic, Jungle etc where a group of young teens went on an expedition to different parts of the world.

I loved the queen's nose too, and Game on!
"As If" I used to love and thought they were all ridiculously cool and was in love with Rob.

There was also some Australian show I think it was the secret Life of us or something? It was far too grown up for me with lots of sex but it was good haha!
damn I had forgotten about as if! They used to run all the episodes together on a Saturday lunchtime on channel 4 and I’d just watch them all in bed on my tiny little tv lol I was probably a little young to be watching it but I thought I was cool

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Does anyone remember the drama called Jeopardy with the group of Scottish teens who went to the Australian outback to look for ufos? I always thought it was so different to all the other shows on cbbc with the “found footage” element.
Yes I loved this. I feel like I remember buzzing for the last episode but also can't remember what happened.
I started watching it on YouTube last year but it wasn't the same now I'm 30 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I couldnt watch Jeopardy - it made me seasick!

The queens nose frustrated me because they would always wish for something ridiculous that was bound to backfire even if the wishes weren't a monkey's paw bargain.
I remember one episode a girl (probably Harmony) wished for unlimited Spaghetti. Not even spaghetti bolognese, just straight up pasta.

Anyone else watch the raggy dolls? Low budget cartoon made before my time.

El Nombre - a counting-obsessed Mexican (?) Chipmunk (?) inspired by Zorro.

Magic Grandpa - we watched this in school.

It's a mystery - Gail Porter, Neil Buchanan and someone else on CITV. This show freaked me out so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I couldnt watch Jeopardy - it made me seasick!

The queens nose frustrated me because they would always wish for something ridiculous that was bound to backfire even if the wishes weren't a monkey's paw bargain.
I remember one episode a girl (probably Harmony) wished for unlimited Spaghetti. Not even spaghetti bolognese, just straight up pasta.

Anyone else watch the raggy dolls? Low budget cartoon made before my time.

El Nombre - a counting-obsessed Mexican (?) Chipmunk (?) inspired by Zorro.

Magic Grandpa - we watched this in school.

It's a mystery - Gail Porter, Neil Buchanan and someone else on CITV. This show freaked me out so much.
El Nombreee.... Writing numbers in the desert sand ... El Nombreee!!! My fave little mouse!

The Magic Envelope/Letter? Cant remember which, but remember loving it at school.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone remember wild house(?) Idk if it was the girl from the queen's nose or just a similar looking blonde girl and she loved animals or something 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I used to love Ghost Hunter too 🤣 the shoe shine boy

Does anyone remember wild house(?) Idk if it was the girl from the queen's nose or just a similar looking blonde girl and she loved animals or something 🤔
I had totally forgotten about this show!! The older sister was a moody witch and the main girl was really annoying 🤣 I used to watch it anyway because we only had like five channels to chose from at the point lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Remember Tea bag?? I can’t remember the full name but used to love that. Show! And round the twist, are you afraid of the dark, goosebumps, eerie Indiana … I’m sure there’s more I need to think!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Remember Tea bag?? I can’t remember the full name but used to love that. Show! And round the twist, are you afraid of the dark, goosebumps, eerie Indiana … I’m sure there’s more I need to think!
i was going to mention T-Bag (that’s what wikipedia says it was called, i thought it was TeaBag too).

Reactions: 2
The ones that come to mind which haven't been mentioned yet are Agent Z And The Penguin From Mars (which I only found out relatively recently was written by Mark Haddon and starred Reggie Yates), Aquila (pretty cool sci-fi, involving some kids finding an alien spaceship), Five Children and It (which is relatively famous, iirc) and The Demon Headmaster (Which is very famous, and to be honest I never found it that scary. The sequels went a bit strange)

Reactions: 3
yes!!! was this the one where each child (i think two sisters and a brother) would do vlog style messages to camera?

that era of bbc/itv childrens programmes were so great - the queen’s nose, julia jekyll and harriett hyde, the classic adaptions that used to be on bbc on a sunday afternoon (the phoenix and the carpet, the magician’s house etc).

some episodes of round the twist genuinely used to freak me out but sometimes the theme tune will randomly come into my head 🤣

oh i also used to love the cozy weekend evening shows the bbc used to do (call the midwife is not the same!) - merlin, ballykissangel, the absolute masterpiece that was monarch of the glen. i miss them!

Reactions: 5