Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
If you know, you know. Definitely Maybe was the one. Finding it hard to find time for the tour but fucking mad fer it!

---
Shakermaker! 😘😘😘😘
---
The video was the nuts!

💯 I literaly think about that album, or a song from it, once a day!

I can’t make it to the tour, but I’m so excited for everyone going, and for Liam. It’s perfect because it’s the only Oasis album with just his vocals from start to end.

YES to the Shakermaker love! I forgot how good this video is! It’s just them being them! I can’t get over how young Liam was, he was only 21/22 in 1994, but he had such a presence.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
Yeah, count me in @Sideboard Bob . Seen them numerous times mate! We travelled up to Maine Road for their concert!

Fucking mad fer it! Absolutely brilliant time. Seen them at Earls.Court too. Still love them. The day I bought their first album was a game changer! Live Forever is my favourite amongst many!

Fucking mad ferrrr it!!! 💗

---
Live Forever. One of my faves. Can remember this at Maine Road completely gone! 💗💗💗

Last edited:
  • Heart

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
Oh no. I feel so bad for everyone who just missed out on seeing them on that tour.

I love Noel live, and love his solo career! He’s so funny, in a really dry way.

If you like his first two albums then you might not agree (and I totally respect that), but I always wish he‘d go more experimental with his music, he’s got it in him. He was due to release a whole psychedelic album with Amorphous Androgynous around the time of his solo debut but it didn’t happen.

This is my favourite from Chasing Yesterday, and probably my fave Noel track, it’s SO dreamy.

Back to Oasis, what about the b-sides?! I was just thinking today about how Don’t Look Back In Anger had the underrated classic, Underneath The Sky followed by their brilliant version of Cum On Feel The Noize.
What an awesome track that was. Beautiful beyond words. Love it. Going to play it again. 💗

• Heart

Sketchy

VIP Member
In the mid 90s, a friend's partner - who is very musically & vocally talented - was starting a band to sing around the local pubs, clubs, etc, and he was asking about what they should call themselves. I piped up with the name Oasis, as I always thought it was a lovely word. 'Nah', he says, 'I think there already is a band called Oasis'. 'Really? Well I've never heard of them,' I says ...

God how I cringe every time I think about that now. 😊

• Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
What an awesome track that was. Beautiful beyond words. Love it. Going to play it again. 💗
I’m so glad you liked it, that’s it, it’s beautiful beyond words, like you said. I was the same when I first heard it, I had to listen to right again.

The woman singing is Joy Rose, her voice is so gorgeous and works so well with Noel’s.

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Love Definitely, Maybe. My favourite Oasis album, sorry if that's cliche.
If it‘s a cliche it’s for a good reason, it’s just nonstop perfection, it doesn’t miss. Do you, or any others here have a favourite song from it?

I can’t pick, but after Live Forever, Columbia was their next song to make me go “WOW!” All of it, but the “come on, come on” and the “yeah yeah yeah” parts are just 🔥

Last edited:
  • Heart