Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Starting this thread because 1. There must be other fans here,

and 2, just randomly listening to them and laughing out loud that one of their top 12 best songs is called Fuckin’ In The Bushes.

They really did that though. The best walk-on song I’ve ever heard live.

Anyone else eternally mad fer it? This is not about Liam vs Noel! Just to appreciate the music ✌🏻

and before Bushes, to me, this was the ultimate opening song!

---
Also, when did you first get into Oasis? Do you have a favourite song or album? Any fun or funny memories?

I had heard a couple of singles and liked them, but I literally remember where I was when I heard Live Forever, it honestly blew my mind, it was the best thing my young teen-self had heard. From that moment there was no looking back, mad fer it forever.

I’ve been lucky enough to see them a few times over the years, they never missed. Nothing can beat an Oasis gig and crowd. Like you’re walking back from the venue to the nearest station and a whole crowd of voices is singing “SOOOO Sally can waaaait” omg I love it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7

DeesElectric

Over the moon to find this thread I’ll never get over my love for Oasis. Was lucky enough to see them live at least 6 times is it bad I can’t fully remember 🙈😅. I know I’ve seen them at least 3 times in Newcastle also saw them at the old Wembley, the Etihad and Heaton Park. So I’ll say 6 but was possibly more😅

Always been more of a Liam fan and I’ve seen him twice solo and just got tickets for Manchester next year. Just come back to me I also went to see Beady Eye, I know they don’t get much love but they were class when I saw them remember Liam having a go and asking security to check on 2 guys in the crowd who were being really handsy with the girls in the crowd and I think they got chucked out. Cemented my love for him even more that did they were full on creeps.

Find it so hard to pick my favourite song I love so many and it changes depending on my mood. The first few albums just give me all the feels and take me back to such an amazing time even if I can’t fully remember it 😂

Sorry to derail slightly but does anyone remember the song Liam did with Death in Vegas called Scorpio rising? I’ll link it if I can it’s one of my favourite songs ever that no one’s ever heard of. The ‘if I don’t go crazy, I’ll lose my mind’ lyric speaks to me so much it describes me perfectly 😂 so much so it’s part of one of my tattoos I just had to get it on me 🙈

Anyway I’ve rambled enough just had to join in with the Oasis love so happy to find this thread ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Warpaint

VIP Member
I think it they did reform it would all be a bit shit and not really live up the hype of them reforming if you get me. It has been 13 years and they've barely spoken, they're completely different people. They seem to have much better success apart.

Reactions: 6

rasperryripple

VIP Member
Loved them and saw them many times back in the day.
Best Gig Loch Lomond 1996
Best Song Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Seen both Liam on his own and High Flying Birds but you will never beat them together and don’t think we ever will again 💙
Part of me is glad as they could never quite capture the magic.
I saw the Stone Roses at Glasgow Green in 1990 then again in 2013 and it was great but just not the same ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Said it before, and I'll say it again (and again and again): Slide Away is one of the greatest songs every recorded.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Warpaint

VIP Member
Off to see Liam perform Definitely Maybe next week. Going to re-listen to all the B-sides

• Heart

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
Jesus Christ, really gone back to the first album Definitely Maybe. Utter masterpiece!

I am loving this thread right now! Back soon!

• Heart

kiiwiih

VIP Member
I can't believe I just found this thread!! I've been an Oasis fan for a long time, thanks to my older siblings. I was massively obsessed with them as a teen (think early to late 00's) and have just recently fallen head first back into that hole. My dream was always to see them live but they never came to my country and I didn't have the money to go overseas to see them before they split up. I have distant dreams of seeing other Noel or Liam live but as of now I'm relying on YouTube.

I just bought Knebworth 1996 on vinyl as a Christmas present for myself 😆

Editing to add one of my all-time favourite performances of theirs (and fave song)

• Heart

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
First time I saw Oasis was in 1995 when they supported REM at Slane Castle! They were amazing and the crowd ROCKED! Saw them again in The Point Depot (Dublin. Now The Three Arena) in either 96 or 97. Jesus they were just out of this world.

Love Noel and his High Flying Birds. Saw him in Dublin last year and seeing him again next Sunday in Dublin and can't feckin' wait. Another outdoor gig so not too hopeful of fine weather if the past 8 weeks has been anything to go by 😭😭😭😭 Ah well. Hair will be in french braids and will have the poncho and wellies at the ready if needs be! And PLENTY of beer will be drank! So fuck the weather!

• Heart

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
Happy 28th anniversary to (What’s The Story) Morning Glory!

Released on this day in 1995.

View attachment 2487450
Amazing really how time flies! Honesty, was just saying to Mr Crazy about going to Maine Road to have the honour to see them. Best days ever! 💗😘

---
'All your dreams are made, when you're chained to to the mirror and the razorblade, today's the day that all the world will see".
---
Seriously love this one!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Love oasis and love this thread
....... there's something about their music that literally just takes you back to another place, wherever you are, you go back to the 90s when things felt so free compared to now.
Nothing can beat it!!!!
Their music is literally magic

• Heart

PollyPerks

I have huge fondness for Oasis and the Gallaghers, Liam especially. I was a bit of an on/off fan in the 90s but 'What's the Story Morning Glory' was a really important album for me. 1995 was not a great year in my life but that album helped me through a lot. 'Live Forever' is also one of my all time favourite songs.

I only saw Oasis once, in July 2000 at Wembley Stadium. It was the Saturday night which apparently has gone down in history as the worst Oasis gig ever, after the triumphant Friday gig! Liam was certainly not in the best shape and was swearing at the crowd constantly, but I still enjoyed the gig.

I've seen Liam solo twice, the first was the free gig for NHS staff at the O2 in August 2021, and it was one of the best gigs of my life. Liam was in brilliant form and the combination of hearing all those almighty classics, along with the joy and relief that live music was finally back after COVID, was a heady high indeed 🤩

My second Liam gig was the Royal Albert Hall in March last year, also great but not quite matching up to the highs of the NHS gig. I haven't seen Noel live yet but will do in December and looking forward to that, it will be interesting to see how that experience compares to my Liam ones!

• Heart

silkytoes

Love Oasis. Sadly never seen them - I was meant to see them for the first time at V Festival 2009, which they dropped out of, then they broke up shortly after.

I've seen Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds a few times though - really like his first two albums.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Who’s got Liam tickets then? So hyped for everyone going. It makes so much sense that he‘s doing a Definitely Maybe tour because it’s the only Oasis album with just his vocals all the way through.

They were on old TOTP this evening with Some Might Say, and it reminded me of what an exciting time it was to be a fan.

From when Whatever came out in December 94 to Some Might Say in April 95, it was like this really amazing buzz between the first two albums, as more and more people started to get into them.

Then of course by summer 95 we had Roll With It, the chart battle with Blur, and they were huge.

That moment just before though, it was something special.

• Heart
Reactions: 4