Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
Just got hit with this beauty! First night at Maine Road and I remember it so well! 💗

What a fucking concert that was. I remember this like it was yesterday! 💯

---

---
This is beautiful. 😍 (2mths ago - Jools Holland).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
Absolutely love this. Utter gem. I've just started a Bob Marley thread. Show the love there and get that thread filled with love.

Noel takes me away here. Rumour has it that he's been offered a Las Vegas residency! 💗

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Over the moon to find this thread I’ll never get over my love for Oasis. Was lucky enough to see them live at least 6 times is it bad I can’t fully remember 🙈😅. I know I’ve seen them at least 3 times in Newcastle also saw them at the old Wembley, the Etihad and Heaton Park. So I’ll say 6 but was possibly more😅

Always been more of a Liam fan and I’ve seen him twice solo and just got tickets for Manchester next year. Just come back to me I also went to see Beady Eye, I know they don’t get much love but they were class when I saw them remember Liam having a go and asking security to check on 2 guys in the crowd who were being really handsy with the girls in the crowd and I think they got chucked out. Cemented my love for him even more that did they were full on creeps.

Find it so hard to pick my favourite song I love so many and it changes depending on my mood. The first few albums just give me all the feels and take me back to such an amazing time even if I can’t fully remember it 😂

Sorry to derail slightly but does anyone remember the song Liam did with Death in Vegas called Scorpio rising? I’ll link it if I can it’s one of my favourite songs ever that no one’s ever heard of. The ‘if I don’t go crazy, I’ll lose my mind’ lyric speaks to me so much it describes me perfectly 😂 so much so it’s part of one of my tattoos I just had to get it on me 🙈

Anyway I’ve rambled enough just had to join in with the Oasis love so happy to find this thread ❤

I‘m so glad you found this thread! Love your user name!

• Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
He was on top form, was great hearing some of those songs they've barely ever done live.

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
This is nice for fans. An interview with a 27 year old Noel, just a couple of weeks before Definitely Maybe came out. There’s so many great quotes. I love his attitude to life.

• Heart

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
Never!

I still remember when I first heard Champagne Supernova, I couldn’t believe they’d done THAT! I was listening to What’s the Story, for the first time, and it comes after two bangers, She“s Electric and Morning Glory, so hearing it for the first time really was a surprise, in a good way.
That guitar gave me goosebumps. Thank you! 😍😍😍😍

• Heart

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
Who’s got Liam tickets then? So hyped for everyone going. It makes so much sense that he‘s doing a Definitely Maybe tour because it’s the only Oasis album with just his vocals all the way through.

They were on old TOTP this evening with Some Might Say, and it reminded me of what an exciting time it was to be a fan.

From when Whatever came out in December 94 to Some Might Say in April 95, it was like this really amazing buzz between the first two albums, as more and more people started to get into them.

Then of course by summer 95 we had Roll With It, the chart battle with Blur, and they were huge.

That moment just before though, it was something special.
I watched that TOTP tonight too! All the original line up. And I also got LG tickets for Dublin in June of next year. Cannot feckin' WAIT! First saw Oasis when they supported REM in Slane '95. Saw them a year or so later in The Point Dublin (now the 3 Arena but I insist on calling it The Point still!)

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Does anyone here hope they will reunite one day?

I’ve always been on the fence, because ultimately Liam and Noel are SO much happier apart, doing their own thing, and we get music from both of them.

But I saw this tweet, and at a glance the words “Announced publicly today” “Oasis” “re” stood out and for a spilt second I thought they’d announced a reunion 🤣 I felt insanely hyped! So maybe I do like the idea! “I’m all for it!”

(also, the Microdot account is great for stories behind so many of their album and single covers)

Last edited:

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Columbia!!!!!!!!! 🤪🤪

What a song man!!

---
"I can't tell you the way I feel because the way I feel is oh so new to me".

This is confusion. am I confusing you? 😍
It’s so EPIC!! Oasis were the best for BIG songs that just make you love life.

Oh, I came across a fab demo version of Columbia, I’ll see if I can find it…
---
ok so I couldn’t find THE demo version of Columbia, but I remembered this one while I was looking! Snakebite! An old demo from before they were signed.

I used to be obsessed with this one! Back in the day I would buy Oasis bootleg tapes and CDs from markets and find songs like this.

The best one was an unplugged, acoustic collection called “Undrugged”, it had a version of Noel singing Live Forever where he sang “maybe you’re the same as me, you take two sugars in your tea” 🤣

I can be a bit geeky about Oasis, but I don’t think everyone has to be like that to be a fan, it’s just about loving the music ✌🏻

Last edited:
  • Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Love Oasis. Sadly never seen them - I was meant to see them for the first time at V Festival 2009, which they dropped out of, then they broke up shortly after.

I've seen Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds a few times though - really like his first two albums.
Oh no. I feel so bad for everyone who just missed out on seeing them on that tour.

I love Noel live, and love his solo career! He’s so funny, in a really dry way.

If you like his first two albums then you might not agree (and I totally respect that), but I always wish he‘d go more experimental with his music, he’s got it in him. He was due to release a whole psychedelic album with Amorphous Androgynous around the time of his solo debut but it didn’t happen.

This is my favourite from Chasing Yesterday, and probably my fave Noel track, it’s SO dreamy.

Back to Oasis, what about the b-sides?! I was just thinking today about how Don’t Look Back In Anger had the underrated classic, Underneath The Sky followed by their brilliant version of Cum On Feel The Noize.

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
First time I saw Oasis was in 1995 when they supported REM at Slane Castle! They were amazing and the crowd ROCKED! Saw them again in The Point Depot (Dublin. Now The Three Arena) in either 96 or 97. Jesus they were just out of this world.

Love Noel and his High Flying Birds. Saw him in Dublin last year and seeing him again next Sunday in Dublin and can't feckin' wait. Another outdoor gig so not too hopeful of fine weather if the past 8 weeks has been anything to go by 😭😭😭😭 Ah well. Hair will be in french braids and will have the poncho and wellies at the ready if needs be! And PLENTY of beer will be drank! So fuck the weather!
I really hope you get some sunshiiiiinne on Saturday, but it sounds like you‘ll have an amazing time either way!

• Heart