Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
Love them!! Finsbury Park 2002 was the only time I saw them live. Always preferred Noel to Liam and I’ve seen him live three times, fourth to come near Xmas. He always belts out a few oasis tunes and that’s when the fans really go crazy!

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Love oasis and love this thread
....... there's something about their music that literally just takes you back to another place, wherever you are, you go back to the 90s when things felt so free compared to now.
Nothing can beat it!!!!
Their music is literally magic
Yes. Takes me back to my London days!

• Heart

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
I have huge fondness for Oasis and the Gallaghers, Liam especially. I was a bit of an on/off fan in the 90s but 'What's the Story Morning Glory' was a really important album for me. 1995 was not a great year in my life but that album helped me through a lot. 'Live Forever' is also one of my all time favourite songs.

I only saw Oasis once, in July 2000 at Wembley Stadium. It was the Saturday night which apparently has gone down in history as the worst Oasis gig ever, after the triumphant Friday gig! Liam was certainly not in the best shape and was swearing at the crowd constantly, but I still enjoyed the gig.

I've seen Liam solo twice, the first was the free gig for NHS staff at the O2 in August 2021, and it was one of the best gigs of my life. Liam was in brilliant form and the combination of hearing all those almighty classics, along with the joy and relief that live music was finally back after COVID, was a heady high indeed 🤩

My second Liam gig was the Royal Albert Hall in March last year, also great but not quite matching up to the highs of the NHS gig. I haven't seen Noel live yet but will do in December and looking forward to that, it will be interesting to see how that experience compares to my Liam ones!
You’ll love Noel live. Last time I saw him he was in really good form, the banter with the crowd was hilarious!

• Heart

CrazyBaldhead

VIP Member
If you know, you know. Definitely Maybe was the one. Finding it hard to find time for the tour but fucking mad fer it!

---
Shakermaker! 😘😘😘😘
---
The video was the nuts!

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Fucking love this @Sideboard Bob. Honestly would love a beer with you as love Madonna too.

Let's put this gem out there! 😍

I was just thinking that! Me too, we share so much of the same music tastes! 🍻

Yes! Omg it still sounds just as beautiful today.

It makes you really appreciate the all music and the strings 😍

And this classic ❤

---
Haha, I‘d forgetten how good this video is, Noel with his Maccy D’s 🤣

IMG_4785.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Total goosebumps watching and listening to this once again!

Fucking class! 😍💗💯💯
Same! What a time to be a music fan ❤

Some more Definitely Maybe love for this epic. I think it will be a huge singalong at the upcoming gigs.

(When I say I think about that album every day, I always think about this song when I finish my workday “goodbye I’m going home” 🤣 )

Edited to add, this reminded me of how the “quieter“ Oasis songs become a whole new thing live. For example, Half The World Away is a really sweet song on record, but live, it goes OFF, everyone looses their sh*t, I love it.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
Off to see Liam perform Definitely Maybe next week. Going to re-listen to all the B-sides
Mr Milis and I seeing him 23rd June here in Dublin. We always go to see Noel. Massive fans of Noel. Not so much Liam's solo stuff. We've never seen him live. But Definitely Maybe? Hard to pass that up!

Saw Oasis twice live. First time, supporting REM in Slane 1995. 2nd, The Point Depot (now 3 Arena but I still call it The Point) in 1996.

I'm stupidly excited for this 30 year Definitely Maybe trip down memory lane!

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Absolutely beautiful mate. Fucking mad fer it. 💗💗
Isn’t it gorgeous!

Speaking of brilliant live versions, this version of Slide Away from Glastonbury. 1995 is epic. Especially from the “don’t know, don’t care, all I know is I can take you there” part onwards 😍

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Repeating this but boy what a track!

---
Classic! 💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

What a debit single Supersonic was! Perfect combination of Liam’s voice and Noel’s lyrics, supersonic, gin and tonic, alka seltzer!
---
OH! And I‘ve just remembered a tiny fact about one of their songs!

In Talk Tonight, there’s the line “all your dream are made of strawberry lemonade“, and in a recent interview Noel was asked about it, and he said the strawberry lemonade was one of those Snapple drinks!

IMG_4809.jpg

Anyway, I think it’s one of their most beautiful songs. He wrote it in America, I think around the same time as Half The World Away.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3

NoHintOfDrama

VIP Member
Noel’s playing not far from my house today! Hoping to hear some classics 💕
Saw him at Crystal Palace last month - outstanding as always. Next gig Dec 14th Wembley. I will pay to see him every single year without fail, he's superb live. And the banter is hilarious!

"Who's got me new album?
Big cheer!
"Who paid for it?"
Small Cheer!
"Who streamed it?"
Massive cheer!
"Tight cunts!"

• Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Everyone going to Liam’s Definitely Maybe tour is in for a treat!

I was wondering how he was going to arrange the set list (as amazing as just DM from start to finish would be, it’s too short to justify the ticket prices), but this is perfect.

IMG_5105.jpeg

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
Absolutely love this. Utter gem. I've just started a Bob Marley thread. Show the love there and get that thread filled with love.

Noel takes me away here. Rumour has it that he's been offered a Las Vegas residency! 💗

This is an amazing song. I'm a huge Noel fan.

But I cannot stand Marley's music. Sorry 🙈

• Heart
  • Haha