Oasis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who’s got Liam tickets then? So hyped for everyone going. It makes so much sense that he‘s doing a Definitely Maybe tour because it’s the only Oasis album with just his vocals all the way through.

They were on old TOTP this evening with Some Might Say, and it reminded me of what an exciting time it was to be a fan.

From when Whatever came out in December 94 to Some Might Say in April 95, it was like this really amazing buzz between the first two albums, as more and more people started to get into them.

Then of course by summer 95 we had Roll With It, the chart battle with Blur, and they were huge.

That moment just before though, it was something special.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Who’s got Liam tickets then? So hyped for everyone going. It makes so much sense that he‘s doing a Definitely Maybe tour because it’s the only Oasis album with just his vocals all the way through.

They were on old TOTP this evening with Some Might Say, and it reminded me of what an exciting time it was to be a fan.

From when Whatever came out in December 94 to Some Might Say in April 95, it was like this really amazing buzz between the first two albums, as more and more people started to get into them.

Then of course by summer 95 we had Roll With It, the chart battle with Blur, and they were huge.

That moment just before though, it was something special.
I watched that TOTP tonight too! All the original line up. And I also got LG tickets for Dublin in June of next year. Cannot feckin' WAIT! First saw Oasis when they supported REM in Slane '95. Saw them a year or so later in The Point Dublin (now the 3 Arena but I insist on calling it The Point still!)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Everyone going to Liam’s Definitely Maybe tour is in for a treat!

I was wondering how he was going to arrange the set list (as amazing as just DM from start to finish would be, it’s too short to justify the ticket prices), but this is perfect.

IMG_5105.jpeg

If you know, you know. Definitely Maybe was the one. Finding it hard to find time for the tour but bleeping mad fer it!

---
Shakermaker! 😘😘😘😘
---
The video was the nuts!

• Heart
If you know, you know. Definitely Maybe was the one. Finding it hard to find time for the tour but bleeping mad fer it!

---
Shakermaker! 😘😘😘😘
---
The video was the nuts!

💯 I literaly think about that album, or a song from it, once a day!

I can’t make it to the tour, but I’m so excited for everyone going, and for Liam. It’s perfect because it’s the only Oasis album with just his vocals from start to end.

YES to the Shakermaker love! I forgot how good this video is! It’s just them being them! I can’t get over how young Liam was, he was only 21/22 in 1994, but he had such a presence.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
💯 I literaly think about that album, or a song from it, once a day!

I can’t make it to the tour, but I’m so excited for everyone going, and for Liam. It’s perfect because it’s the only Oasis album with just his vocals from start to end.

YES to the Shakermaker love! I forgot how good this video is! It’s just them being them! I can’t get over how young Liam was, he was only 21/22 in 1994, but he had such a presence.
Total goosebumps watching and listening to this once again!

bleeping class! 😍💗💯💯

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Total goosebumps watching and listening to this once again!

bleeping class! 😍💗💯💯
Same! What a time to be a music fan ❤

Some more Definitely Maybe love for this epic. I think it will be a huge singalong at the upcoming gigs.

(When I say I think about that album every day, I always think about this song when I finish my workday “goodbye I’m going home” 🤣 )

Edited to add, this reminded me of how the “quieter“ Oasis songs become a whole new thing live. For example, Half The World Away is a really sweet song on record, but live, it goes OFF, everyone looses their sh*t, I love it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Over the moon to find this thread I’ll never get over my love for Oasis. Was lucky enough to see them live at least 6 times is it bad I can’t fully remember 🙈😅. I know I’ve seen them at least 3 times in Newcastle also saw them at the old Wembley, the Etihad and Heaton Park. So I’ll say 6 but was possibly more😅

Always been more of a Liam fan and I’ve seen him twice solo and just got tickets for Manchester next year. Just come back to me I also went to see Beady Eye, I know they don’t get much love but they were class when I saw them remember Liam having a go and asking security to check on 2 guys in the crowd who were being really handsy with the girls in the crowd and I think they got chucked out. Cemented my love for him even more that did they were full on creeps.

Find it so hard to pick my favourite song I love so many and it changes depending on my mood. The first few albums just give me all the feels and take me back to such an amazing time even if I can’t fully remember it 😂

Sorry to derail slightly but does anyone remember the song Liam did with Death in Vegas called Scorpio rising? I’ll link it if I can it’s one of my favourite songs ever that no one’s ever heard of. The ‘if I don’t go crazy, I’ll lose my mind’ lyric speaks to me so much it describes me perfectly 😂 so much so it’s part of one of my tattoos I just had to get it on me 🙈

Anyway I’ve rambled enough just had to join in with the Oasis love so happy to find this thread ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Over the moon to find this thread I’ll never get over my love for Oasis. Was lucky enough to see them live at least 6 times is it bad I can’t fully remember 🙈😅. I know I’ve seen them at least 3 times in Newcastle also saw them at the old Wembley, the Etihad and Heaton Park. So I’ll say 6 but was possibly more😅

Always been more of a Liam fan and I’ve seen him twice solo and just got tickets for Manchester next year. Just come back to me I also went to see Beady Eye, I know they don’t get much love but they were class when I saw them remember Liam having a go and asking security to check on 2 guys in the crowd who were being really handsy with the girls in the crowd and I think they got chucked out. Cemented my love for him even more that did they were full on creeps.

Find it so hard to pick my favourite song I love so many and it changes depending on my mood. The first few albums just give me all the feels and take me back to such an amazing time even if I can’t fully remember it 😂

Sorry to derail slightly but does anyone remember the song Liam did with Death in Vegas called Scorpio rising? I’ll link it if I can it’s one of my favourite songs ever that no one’s ever heard of. The ‘if I don’t go crazy, I’ll lose my mind’ lyric speaks to me so much it describes me perfectly 😂 so much so it’s part of one of my tattoos I just had to get it on me 🙈

Anyway I’ve rambled enough just had to join in with the Oasis love so happy to find this thread ❤

I‘m so glad you found this thread! Love your user name!

• Heart
I can't believe I just found this thread!! I've been an Oasis fan for a long time, thanks to my older siblings. I was massively obsessed with them as a teen (think early to late 00's) and have just recently fallen head first back into that hole. My dream was always to see them live but they never came to my country and I didn't have the money to go overseas to see them before they split up. I have distant dreams of seeing other Noel or Liam live but as of now I'm relying on YouTube.

I just bought Knebworth 1996 on vinyl as a Christmas present for myself 😆

Editing to add one of my all-time favourite performances of theirs (and fave song)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is nice for fans. An interview with a 27 year old Noel, just a couple of weeks before Definitely Maybe came out. There’s so many great quotes. I love his attitude to life.

• Heart
Definitely Maybe 30th anniversary edition is out soon. Including lots of demos which I’m really keen to hear.

What do you all think of the cover? Going by social media, fans are divided. I like it, even though it’s sad.

1716587757040.png

This person on Twitter made a really good point though! I always thought it looked like a great place.
IMG_5559.jpeg

Reactions: 2