Oasis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Never!

I still remember when I first heard Champagne Supernova, I couldn’t believe they’d done THAT! I was listening to What’s the Story, for the first time, and it comes after two bangers, She“s Electric and Morning Glory, so hearing it for the first time really was a surprise, in a good way.
That guitar gave me goosebumps. Thank you! 😍😍😍😍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was well pissed off I didn't go to this. Was heavily pregnant with my first all those years ago ffs!

Coo coo cee choo!!! 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Love it! You had a good reason for not being there!
I remember listening to this live on the radio!

• Heart
What a belter! 💗

---
Always remember Maine Road. Best concert EVER. We had a weekend up there and found Holy City Zoo club. Mad days. bleeping mad fer it!! As a London girl I've never found such beautiful people like it. You Northerners are so special! Loved it! 💗💗

---

---

---

Last edited:
Love them!! Finsbury Park 2002 was the only time I saw them live. Always preferred Noel to Liam and I’ve seen him live three times, fourth to come near Xmas. He always belts out a few oasis tunes and that’s when the fans really go crazy!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Love oasis and love this thread
....... there's something about their music that literally just takes you back to another place, wherever you are, you go back to the 90s when things felt so free compared to now.
Nothing can beat it!!!!
Their music is literally magic

• Heart
Reactions: 5
First time I saw Oasis was in 1995 when they supported REM at Slane Castle! They were amazing and the crowd ROCKED! Saw them again in The Point Depot (Dublin. Now The Three Arena) in either 96 or 97. Jesus they were just out of this world.

Love Noel and his High Flying Birds. Saw him in Dublin last year and seeing him again next Sunday in Dublin and can't feckin' wait. Another outdoor gig so not too hopeful of fine weather if the past 8 weeks has been anything to go by 😭😭😭😭 Ah well. Hair will be in french braids and will have the poncho and wellies at the ready if needs be! And PLENTY of beer will be drank! So duck the weather!

• Heart
First time I saw Oasis was in 1995 when they supported REM at Slane Castle! They were amazing and the crowd ROCKED! Saw them again in The Point Depot (Dublin. Now The Three Arena) in either 96 or 97. Jesus they were just out of this world.

Love Noel and his High Flying Birds. Saw him in Dublin last year and seeing him again next Sunday in Dublin and can't feckin' wait. Another outdoor gig so not too hopeful of fine weather if the past 8 weeks has been anything to go by 😭😭😭😭 Ah well. Hair will be in french braids and will have the poncho and wellies at the ready if needs be! And PLENTY of beer will be drank! So duck the weather!
I really hope you get some sunshiiiiinne on Saturday, but it sounds like you‘ll have an amazing time either way!

• Heart
Loved them and saw them many times back in the day.
Best Gig Loch Lomond 1996
Best Song Cigarettes and Alcohol.

Seen both Liam on his own and High Flying Birds but you will never beat them together and don’t think we ever will again 💙
Part of me is glad as they could never quite capture the magic.
I saw the Stone Roses at Glasgow Green in 1990 then again in 2013 and it was great but just not the same ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Love oasis and love this thread
....... there's something about their music that literally just takes you back to another place, wherever you are, you go back to the 90s when things felt so free compared to now.
Nothing can beat it!!!!
Their music is literally magic
Yes. Takes me back to my London days!

• Heart
I have huge fondness for Oasis and the Gallaghers, Liam especially. I was a bit of an on/off fan in the 90s but 'What's the Story Morning Glory' was a really important album for me. 1995 was not a great year in my life but that album helped me through a lot. 'Live Forever' is also one of my all time favourite songs.

I only saw Oasis once, in July 2000 at Wembley Stadium. It was the Saturday night which apparently has gone down in history as the worst Oasis gig ever, after the triumphant Friday gig! Liam was certainly not in the best shape and was swearing at the crowd constantly, but I still enjoyed the gig.

I've seen Liam solo twice, the first was the free gig for NHS staff at the O2 in August 2021, and it was one of the best gigs of my life. Liam was in brilliant form and the combination of hearing all those almighty classics, along with the joy and relief that live music was finally back after COVID, was a heady high indeed 🤩

My second Liam gig was the Royal Albert Hall in March last year, also great but not quite matching up to the highs of the NHS gig. I haven't seen Noel live yet but will do in December and looking forward to that, it will be interesting to see how that experience compares to my Liam ones!

• Heart
I have huge fondness for Oasis and the Gallaghers, Liam especially. I was a bit of an on/off fan in the 90s but 'What's the Story Morning Glory' was a really important album for me. 1995 was not a great year in my life but that album helped me through a lot. 'Live Forever' is also one of my all time favourite songs.

I only saw Oasis once, in July 2000 at Wembley Stadium. It was the Saturday night which apparently has gone down in history as the worst Oasis gig ever, after the triumphant Friday gig! Liam was certainly not in the best shape and was swearing at the crowd constantly, but I still enjoyed the gig.

I've seen Liam solo twice, the first was the free gig for NHS staff at the O2 in August 2021, and it was one of the best gigs of my life. Liam was in brilliant form and the combination of hearing all those almighty classics, along with the joy and relief that live music was finally back after COVID, was a heady high indeed 🤩

My second Liam gig was the Royal Albert Hall in March last year, also great but not quite matching up to the highs of the NHS gig. I haven't seen Noel live yet but will do in December and looking forward to that, it will be interesting to see how that experience compares to my Liam ones!
You’ll love Noel live. Last time I saw him he was in really good form, the banter with the crowd was hilarious!

• Heart
Repeating this but boy what a track!

---
Classic! 💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

What a debit single Supersonic was! Perfect combination of Liam’s voice and Noel’s lyrics, supersonic, gin and tonic, alka seltzer!
---
OH! And I‘ve just remembered a tiny fact about one of their songs!

In Talk Tonight, there’s the line “all your dream are made of strawberry lemonade“, and in a recent interview Noel was asked about it, and he said the strawberry lemonade was one of those Snapple drinks!

IMG_4809.jpg

Anyway, I think it’s one of their most beautiful songs. He wrote it in America, I think around the same time as Half The World Away.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yet another absolute banger live! Goosebumps! Remember being off my chops and jumping up and down to it! 😁😅

• Heart