NZ influencers and public figures #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been so surprised at how many businesses do this since having my baby. The AliExpress photo search on the app is amazing, everything is on there 😂😂
Just lazy business great mark up pays $2 charges customers $20 or $30 odd rip off isn’t it I think girls get off product is from there aswell

Reactions: 4
Isn’t it the bakery that’s selling up, my understanding was glamour cake has a space in the bakery but doesn’t own the whole bakery? Or thick bleep.
But yes. No need for just Jess in Christchurch, Christ can you imagine her having a shop at riverside 😂
She owns both now and is selling Lyttelton Bakery including Glamour Cake as a business as a whole. Just the business not the building. It’s on real estate.co.nz

Reactions: 6
Agree that she's not as smart as she thinks she is (a classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect if you ask me).

Skete isn't a registered/approved charity, so the business couldn't claim a tax credit for their "donation" to her little pet project. And because all the donations were kept anonymous, there's not even any good PR in it for them, so it's understandable that they wouldn't be interested. Imagine if they gave free product away to every random who fancies themselves as a bit of a philanthropist, I doubt they'd be in business for long 🤣
Skete is an asshole. I sent her info about an influencer. Skete went directly to said influencer and told her who I was and what I said. That influencer jumped into my DMs and threatened me. Turned out skete was working on getting freebies from said influencer. Of course I'd used a throwaway account to contact skete, so I didn't care.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
Skete is an asshole. I sent her info about an influencer. Skete went directly to said influencer and told her who I was and what I said. That influencer jumped into my DMs and threatened me. Turned out skete was working on getting freebies from said influencer. Of course I'd used a throwaway account to contact skete, so I didn't care.
Are you able to elaborate at all, do you have some influenza ☕ for us?

Reactions: 18
Agree that she's not as smart as she thinks she is (a classic case of the Dunning-Kruger effect if you ask me).

Skete isn't a registered/approved charity, so the business couldn't claim a tax credit for their "donation" to her little pet project. And because all the donations were kept anonymous, there's not even any good PR in it for them, so it's understandable that they wouldn't be interested. Imagine if they gave free product away to every random who fancies themselves as a bit of a philanthropist, I doubt they'd be in business for long 🤣
Yes!! I used to run a small biz and we'd get messaged all the time asking us to donate goods for giveaways and charity events. And this was just a small biz. There's no way you can say yes to all, not to mention if they don't align with your brand, but just the fact it's not viable to keep giving away your product for free. No one is an asshole for saying no, you're the asshole if you expect freebies.

Reactions: 14
Will only work hard to get 500 donuts ready by 9am if it’s for a big company. Sorry usual customers, you’re not worthy enough of Jess putting in enough effort if you’re just a standard customer.
Exactly! When I saw her big song and dance about getting up soOoOoOo early the other day to do this, I’m liking wtf so why can’t you do this every other day you open and have tit ready by 9am instead of 10am?! It’s clearly possible 🙄🙄

@BellsAK who do I report you to for stealing my profile pic loooool 🤣🤣 xx

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Completely irrelevant but it’s giving me rage that Jess calls her cupcakes “cuppies” 🥲🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Completely irrelevant but it’s giving me rage that Jess calls her cupcakes “cuppies” 🥲🤣🤣
Omg I HATE it!! “cuppies” “doggies” “cinnie roundies” how old are you!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Exactly! When I saw her big song and dance about getting up soOoOoOo early the other day to do this, I’m liking wtf so why can’t you do this every other day you open and have tit ready by 9am instead of 10am?! It’s clearly possible 🙄🙄

@BellsAK who do I report you to for stealing my profile pic loooool 🤣🤣 xx
I was going to say the same thing to you 🤣

Please share 🙏
I don't really want to talk about it because it was actually hearsay from a 3rd party of which I didn't have proof, but skete couod have done a bit digging. But she is essentially biting the hand that feeds, I'll never give her anything again

• Haha
Reactions: 13
“Sera Lynne”- love how they act like they live in these lush mansions, when they all have a literal view of the neighbours wall, you’d have to be careful what conversations you even had sitting out there, I could not think of anything worse. But guess her 30k Santa Fe louvres block out the hideous outlook.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Long time lurker first time poster!

Was absolutely loving sketes page, I’m even a Patreon subscriber and I’ve enjoyed seeing her try to take down Simone.

But, it bothers me so damn much that she’s annoyed that businesses don’t want to donate to a new-ish random account. They probably donate to womens refuge (lol) or other reputable charities where it’s fully planned out. Tbf as well, Skete isn’t even running it! It’s a random person that her followers don’t even know so it’s all quite dodgy.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.