Notyourbasicmama

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think everyone's different, I wouldn't turn my back for 1 second with my child freely hanging over a hob as that's all it takes to burn his arm etc.

Reactions: 5
I feel like it’s been blown a bit out of proportion to be honest, I’ve seen the video and she just grabbed something off the table. The hob looks like an induction one too so if he did touch it he’s not going to get burned. I’m not saying people should go ahead and leave their kids fully unattended but she was there, she didn’t leave him unattended in my opinion.
And with regards to the “verbal abuse” honestly I don’t see the big deal, some people swear around their kids, words only have the power that we give them. And I don’t really think knobhead is a terrible, trauma inducing phrase, maybe it’s their term of endearment. I’m sure her kids know she’s not hurling abuse at them.

I think to suggest she can’t look after her children because she’s currently not having the best time mental health wise, is quite nasty for the sake of being nasty to be honest. She’s seeking heals from what I’m aware isn’t she?

Not everybody is our cup of tea but I feel like people are going in too hard on her to be honest and I don’t think any of it is warranted. Everyone’s entitled to an opinion but I feel like people are taking this one too far and are suggesting things that aren’t necessary.

if we all filmed ourselves parenting, not many of us would be doing it the same, we’d probably all do things someone else would say they’d never do that’s just life, but to suggest someone’s children shouldn’t be with them based on a few Instagram or tik tok videos is really low.

Reactions: 6
Yes they are. Stop caping for her. It’s very weird of you.
Very weird of me stating facts? If a parent is actively seeking help and support from professionals when it comes to mental illness, social services will not intervene. That's a fact.

There's no other "evidence" of her abusing her children - yes, I don't agree with the swearing. But that's not classed as abusing her children. I also don't agree with her responding to every single comment on here on her Tik Tok account as it just draws more attention. But again, that doesn't warrant social services involvement.

Reactions: 1
Very weird of me stating facts? If a parent is actively seeking help and support from professionals when it comes to mental illness, social services will not intervene. That's a fact.

There's no other "evidence" of her abusing her children - yes, I don't agree with the swearing. But that's not classed as abusing her children. I also don't agree with her responding to every single comment on here on her Tik Tok account as it just draws more attention. But again, that doesn't warrant social services involvement.
Swearing AT children is emotional abuse. Swearing around children is not. I’ll give you a little fact here. If someone is prescribed medication for mental health and they have young children it’s an automatic referral to social services. If there are no other concerns social services won’t open a case and just make a note of it because it’s about implementing support. Wont even contact the parent. However, she emotionally abuses her kids and left her kid in a very dangerous situation. I don’t think you’re understanding it’s not the fact she’s struggling with her mental health at all, I’ve been saying for a long time she needs parenting classes or something because she’s abusive ! Like I said earlier people think social services involvement is some kind of insult or a bad thing, it’s not.

Reactions: 3
Swearing AT children is emotional abuse. Swearing around children is not. I’ll give you a little fact here. If someone is prescribed medication for mental health and they have young children it’s an automatic referral to social services. If there are no other concerns social services won’t open a case and just make a note of it because it’s about implementing support. Wont even contact the parent. However, she emotionally abuses her kids and left her kid in a very dangerous situation. I don’t think you’re understanding it’s not the fact she’s struggling with her mental health at all, I’ve been saying for a long time she needs parenting classes or something because she’s abusive ! Like I said earlier people think social services involvement is some kind of insult or a bad thing, it’s not.
That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. I've been on medication for mental health issues before. I also know many many people who have. Never once have social services been made aware. It's actually laughable that you think that's a fact. Bless you.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Christ if social services dealt with everyone on medication for mental health they’d never have time for anything else. What a silly little twit you are

Reactions: 9
That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. I've been on medication for mental health issues before. I also know many many people who have. Never once have social services been made aware. It's actually laughable that you think that's a fact. Bless you.
You can’t read can you ? Cs are always made aware by GP if the parent has young children and presents are struggling. They are made AWARE. action is NOT taken.

Christ if social services dealt with everyone on medication for mental health they’d never have time for anything else. What a silly little twit you are
Oh mind the language. It’s classless.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
You can’t read can you ? Cs are always made aware by GP if the parent has young children and presents are struggling. They are made AWARE. action is NOT taken.

About as classless as you making up blatant lies. No, they are not made aware at all.

• Heart
Instead of lsa

why not do something about it then? Instead of slagging off a woman who you do not know on an Anonymous gossip site?

About as classless as you making up blatant lies. No, they are not made aware at all.
It’s actually quite worrying if she actually is a ex social worker wtf they’re all up to behind all their “paperwork”

sorry girls I cannot stand social services.

Educate yourself. Please. It’s called multi agency information sharing to make sure people don’t slip through the net that actually need help. I’m so embarrassed for you.

Instead of lsa

why not do something about it then? Instead of slagging off a woman who you do not know on an Anonymous gossip site?

It’s actually quite worrying if she actually is a ex social worker wtf they’re all up to behind all their “paperwork”

sorry girls I cannot stand social services.
I 100% would. But I have no idea who her local authority is. I pray someone else has. Them Poor kids.

Educate yourself. Please. It’s called multi agency information sharing to make sure people don’t slip through the net that actually need help. I’m so embarrassed for you.
That's cool, hun. No need to be embarrassed for me 😘 I'm well aware of how these things work, and it's most certainly not how you're pretending it is.

Best get back to my kids. I've left them cooking a fry up alone 😉 1 year old is in charge of the bacon today 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 4
That's cool, hun. No need to be embarrassed for me 😘 I'm well aware of how these things work, and it's most certainly not how you're pretending it is.

Best get back to my kids. I've left them cooking a fry up alone 😉 1 year old is in charge of the bacon today 😏
Yeah it seems like you do :) I can tell by your upset with CS you probably didn’t have a good experience or take much away. Hope you don’t discourage those around you to get help if they need. Take care

Its not an automatic referral to SS for antidepressants or half the uk would have a social worker. But you are right about the mental and emotional abuse.

Yeah it seems like you do :) I can tell by your upset with CS you probably didn’t have a good experience or take much away. Hope you don’t discourage those around you to get help if they need. Take care
Didn't you just state that I couldn't read? As previously stated, I've never had involvement of any kind. Unfortunately your comments here would be the ones that discourage others from getting help.

Its not an automatic referral to SS for antidepressants or half the uk would have a social worker. But you are right about the mental and emotional abuse.
Oh no it is. I don’t think I’ve explained properly. What happens is social services are alerted as it comes under information sharing in order to safeguard. And again only happens if the doctor knows the parent has young children and is not coping with mental health. 90% of the time social services don’t even make contact with the parent as it’s not necessary, it’s just an alert. If there is a lot of significant history or abuse in the home then the referral is actually opened and actioned.

Oh no it is. I don’t think I’ve explained properly. What happens is social services are alerted as it comes under information sharing in order to safeguard. And again only happens if the doctor knows the parent has young children and is not coping with mental health. 90% of the time social services don’t even make contact with the parent as it’s not necessary, it’s just an alert. If there is a lot of significant history or abuse in the home then the referral is actually opened and actioned.
Wow they must get hundreds of alerts every day

Wow they must get hundreds of alerts every day
Not really hundreds as it’s done by individual area. But these alerts come in from all over the place now. Drug and alcohol services, domestic violence services, mental health, police, gp etc. I think it’s a really good thing as some people have been so badly failed by professionals in the past. Something had to change in order to protect children. X

Why is everybody scrapping with each other on this thread? It's embarrassing. If you're here to stick up for Queen Hannah then Tattle is not the place for you.
I don't think referring to your child as my bleeping knobhead child isn't remotely endearing, I've never heard anything like it! Now can you all just simmer down a bit!

Reactions: 10
That is not correct, social services have to contact every person that has a concern made about them!

Why is everybody scrapping with each other on this thread? It's embarrassing. If you're here to stick up for Queen Hannah then Tattle is not the place for you.
I don't think referring to your child as my bleeping knobhead child isn't remotely endearing, I've never heard anything like it! Now can you all just simmer down a bit!
People saying social services needs to be involved is out of order

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.