Notsosmugnow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently someone DM'd her by mistake with a message they were sending to someone else - something along the lines of 'She looks worse now she's sober'.
Cat comes across as very unsteady at the moment - the tears over the missing dress and abuse towards the DPD staff were just awful. Why does she seek validation for her awful behaviour towards people she sees as only fit to serve her?

I don't think anyone should be criticising her getting sober or how she defines herself. There is no checklist of what an alcoholic looks or behaves like, and in the crappy world of influencers, if she does encourage other women to think about their own reliance on alcohol, then that's a good thing.
BUT what she's doing is incredibly hard, and she's obviously struggling. The way she is documenting it live to thousands of people, most of whom don't care or understand, is not healthy or beneficial in any way. I wonder if she's disclosed to her sponsor how much unnecessary pressure she's putting on herself by inviting an audience to watch and judge what she's going through? The first 6-9 months of sobriety are hell, a complete rollercoaster. The act of not drinking can be all-consuming and exhausting. It's the most literal and brutal definition of self care, but sleep masks, candles and baths don't even touch the sides. I truly wish her well, but she's trying to ride two separate horses at the same time, and I worry it will end badly.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So, she posted her reel first and that makes it ok? Yeah, but this invasion has kind of been on the cards for weeks, it's come as no surprise.. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
She’s like my kid, any criticism and she’s straight on video response. duck me she really doesn’t care about anyone except herself does she

Reactions: 7
Why is she copying a lot of what Mamastillgotit does - the small child, baby voice etc? They used to be friends and now don’t seem to comment on one another’s posts. A bit of content rivalry 🤔

Reactions: 6
Why is she copying a lot of what Mamastillgotit does - the small child, baby voice etc? They used to be friends and now don’t seem to comment on one another’s posts. A bit of content rivalry 🤔
She copies basically all of her content, she mainly takes things from tiktok, weeks later, and repackages for instagram where the demographics are different and people think she's had an original thought. I mean, it's a good gig if you can get it.

Reactions: 8
Ahhhh, all this throwing around mental health diagnoses is so annoying. Ffs ptsd is a big deal, you don’t just self diagnose it because having a baby was a bit different to what you imagined

Reactions: 5
Her "war zone" skit is possibly the most tone deaf thing I have ever seen and the fact it's still there just reflects her as a person.

Her drama on sober dates post too 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 3
She copies basically all of her content, she mainly takes things from tiktok, weeks later, and repackages for instagram where the demographics are different and people think she's had an original thought. I mean, it's a good gig if you can get it.
100% I noticed this too

Reactions: 3
Ahhhh, all this throwing around mental health diagnoses is so annoying. Ffs ptsd is a big deal, you don’t just self diagnose it because having a baby was a bit different to what you imagined
EXACTLY!! I can’t bear this trauma parasites. Her PTSD is otherwise known as ‘something once happened to me which made me sad. It’s bullshit. PTSD is a MASSIVE deal. She’s an appalling mental health advocate. These ‘worried well’ really do dilute the spectrum of mental health disorders. I see it all the time in school. All the kids ‘have anxiety,’ which blocks access to services for those at the acute end.

She forgot narcissist in her ‘brave’ post.

Oh and her link to save the lgtb in Ukraine was tone deaf. Putin isn’t invading because Ukraine is too gay. It’s hardly a race to the bottom when it comes to running away from bombs. She was wanted to outwoke everyone else by chucking in another issue.

Reactions: 5
Whilst I am apparently just a nasty troll, I just wanted to say that I applaud Cat for the way she is using her platform to raise awareness of ways that people can help Ukraine. It’s obvious that she’s actually doing her own research and sharing (mostly) thoughtful and well considered information. Unlike many other influencers who are carrying on regardless (with brief ‘copy-and-paste acknowledgements of Ukraine interspersed throughout the usual tripe). The global situation is at the forefront of everyone’s mind at the moment, and I think if you’re in a position of ‘influence’ over others you need to adjust your posts accordingly. If you have nothing helpful to post, then post nothing at all. Take a break. Nobody wants watch your skincare routine right now or stories of gifted holidays. Those who do and say they’re trying to escape the news or ‘keep everything normal’ need a slap in the face and to wake up. Things are NOT normal and there are things that just about everyone can do to help. Cat - I respect the way you are going about this and have found some of your posts quite helpful. Don’t worry, I’ll no doubt be back to being a witch in a few days…. (as soon as you start posting silly dances again 😉😘)

Reactions: 11
She didn’t win an award and you could tell she was fuming! Mamastillgotit is miles ahead of her content - which notsosmugnow for the majority comes across as condescending and me me me me! Since not winning an award it’s the quietest I’ve see her reels! Que MH crisis tomorrow

Reactions: 6
Competitive world, that of InstaMamas and they think Tattle is bitchy.

Louise is much funnier than most , Kat just isn’t in the same league!

Reactions: 4
She didn’t win an award and you could tell she was fuming! Mamastillgotit is miles ahead of her content - which notsosmugnow for the majority comes across as condescending and me me me me! Since not winning an award it’s the quietest I’ve see her reels! Que MH crisis tomorrow
She's already pre-emted this with the whole "accidently came off my meds and really struggling" spiel last week... 🙄

Reactions: 1
Does anybody else get the feeling that shes having some kind of breakdown? She looks terrible, seems miserable and she’s really not somebody that I like to follow at the moment, her content is depressing and I tend to skip it all now!

Does anybody else get the feeling that shes having some kind of breakdown? She looks terrible, seems miserable and she’s really not somebody that I like to follow at the moment, her content is depressing and I tend to skip it all now!
Its actually really awkward to watch. Just seen her “100 days sober” post. It’s like she’s doing therapy and we’re all watching it. I think she could do with a friend (a genuine one, not a fellow Insta mum!) and some time away. It feels very intrusive watching her at the moment when she’s clearly very sad.

Its actually really awkward to watch. Just seen her “100 days sober” post. It’s like she’s doing therapy and we’re all watching it. I think she could do with a friend (a genuine one, not a fellow Insta mum!) and some time away. It feels very intrusive watching her at the moment when she’s clearly very sad.
Couldn’t even be arsed to thank people for voting and nominating her - I see your true colours shining lalalaalala

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.