Nothern Ireland #16 we love fifteens, the craic is 90!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for that. I can hear them talking about Imam Hussein who is a really important figure for Shia Muslims in particular so I guess it is also connected to the Muharram rituals.
I hope you don't think I'm rude, can I ask how you know?

Reactions: 1
Why do they beat their chests?
It's mentioned in the Wikipedia article and that's where I'm getting any detailed info as I'm not an expert at all - quoted a bit below

Male and female participants congregate in public for ceremonial chest beating (matam- سینہ زنی) as a display of their devotion to Imam Husayn and in remembrance of his suffering

Reactions: 2
It's mentioned in the Wikipedia article and that's where I'm getting any detailed info as I'm not an expert at all - quoted a bit below

Male and female participants congregate in public for ceremonial chest beating (matam- سینہ زنی) as a display of their devotion to Imam Husayn and in remembrance of his suffering
Ah , I thought you were familiar with the religion, didn’t know females did it too,it looks painful.

Reactions: 3
I think there needs to be an adult conversation about this. In the uk and ireland and probably Europe. I understand you don’t technically need to seek asylum in the first country you visit but leaving a safe country like France on a tit boat seems like a personal choice. I think there needs to be overhauls because refugees aren’t actually allowed to work for a period of time- why not allow them to get jobs and build a better life as it will just cause issues in terms of exploitation if they can’t earn a wage. I’m all for immigration and supporting refugees but there needs to be an infrastructure in place to support it.
They don’t stay in France as the French government don’t financially support then, unlike here. Some refugees are allowed to work, depending on their status. For example, Ukrainians were permitted to work as soon as they arrived in the U.K. How many did though? Why work when you can claim benefits? I appreciate I sound harsh but that’s the reality, particularly for refugees with little in the way of qualifications or education who would be taking up low skilled employment for minimum wage. I don’t want to sound all right wing here but serious conversations are required. The U.K. cannot manage to look after its own citizens, let alone immigrants and refugees. Things need to change.

Reactions: 6
Help a gobshyte southerner out here guys. What hate crimes?

I don’t agree with him about the orange stuff but I would love for the police and other institutions to perhaps remember protected characteristics such as disability for example. Disabled people don’t get tit.

I don’t agree with him about the orange stuff but I would love for the police and other institutions to perhaps remember protected characteristics such as disability for example. Disabled people don’t get tit.
What do you mean? “Disabled people don’t get tit”?

Reactions: 2
To let the dust settle on Sinead's passing she was apparently a huge Fr Ted fan when it was a thing and found the parody of her hilarious

Last edited:
What do you mean? “Disabled people don’t get tit”?
What I mean is that companies go out of their way to be seen to be doing the right thing for rainbow stuff but disabled provisions are severely lacking. Plus I had a bad experience this week with police with a mental health concern about someone and the officer couldn’t give a duck. I’m actually seriously upset this evening about a few things. I’m glad that the police are taking hate crimes against lgbt etc seriously but it seems like it is the only priority. Sorry I am just annoyed tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What I mean is that companies go out of their way to be seen to be doing the right thing for rainbow stuff but disabled provisions are severely lacking. Plus I had a bad experience this week with police with a mental health concern about someone and the officer couldn’t give a duck. I’m actually seriously upset this evening about a few things. I’m glad that the police are taking hate crimes against lgbt etc seriously but it seems like it is the only priority. Sorry I am just annoyed tonight.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you ❤ I just didn’t know what you meant.

I feel the exact same way as you @Griftymcgriftface - disabled rights are being crapped on from a great hieght.

As someone with a hidden disability it pisses me right of

Disabled bathroom/changing room facilities that were hard for and still limited being reclassified as ‘unisex’ ‘gender neutral’ or ‘trans friendly’
Myself and other need them because of urgency or the space to be more accessible (In fairness I also feel the same way when they make it baby changing facility!!)

Access to healthcare

Mental health services when you have co contributing illness

The money spent on gender reassignment treatments etc

This band of people who ‘identify as disabled’ normally also trans that think it’s ok to what is essentially mocking genuine illness/disability

I

Reactions: 5
Sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you ❤ I just didn’t know what you meant.
Sorry you didn’t upset me at all and I wasn’t trying to lash out at you in my post and you probably got the brunt of my annoyance when I read it so no harm done. I’m more annoyed about a couple of people in real life and the police response to something than your post.

Reactions: 4
To let the dust settle on Sinead's passing she was apparently a huge Fr Ted fan when it was a thing and found the parody of her hilarious

I’m after watching the documentary about her there. What a truly fearless legend.
On a sidenote saw Oppenheimer today and it was 12/10. If Cillian Murphy doesn’t win all the awards I’ll be very surprised. He’s a skinny wee weedy runt in the film but by duck he is so stunningly beautiful. Those eyes and cheekbones are just memorizing.

I’m after watching the documentary about her there. What a truly fearless legend.
On a sidenote saw Oppenheimer today and it was 12/10. If Cillian Murphy doesn’t win all the awards I’ll be very surprised. He’s a skinny wee weedy runt in the film but by duck he is so stunningly beautiful. Those eyes and cheekbones are just memorizing.
He only comes from down the road!😍

• Heart
Catching up on celebrity stuff this morning, Prince Harry’s fallen out with Golden balls, Katy Perry is a close pal of King Charles and Amber Heard’s in Ballycastle 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.