Northern Ireland #7 Forget armoured cars, tanks n guns …Just deliver the £600 funds

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody hell, that’s just horrendous 😔

The roads are awful, my Mum had a fall earlier. I haven’t seen the gritters out.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Bloody hell, that’s just horrendous 😔

The roads are awful, my Mum had a fall earlier. I haven’t seen the gritters out.
Hope she’s ok 🙁 the gritters are rarely out it’s a joke with the state of the roads…Terrible lot of road fatalities recently.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So sad

I tried to post about this earlier but tattle was down

Comments on social media appear to suggest it was a granny and daddy in car with 4 kids
the other fatality was in the other car

apparently a nurse was also a fatality in the M2 crash
Sorry that was M1 I meant

Reactions: 3
We were going down the m1 this afternoon when the road was closed off. Not sure what happened there yet but don’t think gritting was the issue as it was still about 4 degrees. The major thing was the sun was completely blinding in the sky.
Obviously not sure what has happened there yet but they still had the motorway closed between dungannon-tamnamre at 7pm

• Sad
Hope she’s ok 🙁 the gritters are rarely out it’s a joke with the state of the roads…Terrible lot of road fatalities recently.
Thanks Monga ❤ She’s ok, she hurt her hip and her knee is cut but she’s fit and healthy thankfully so I’m sure she’ll bounce back quickly. Could’ve been a lot worse.
Said it before but Tyrone seems to suffer so many tragedies. Poor children caught up in it too 😢

• Heart
That's good she didn't need A&E the niece is just out after an 11hr wait her wee 11month old has strep A ....Tyrone does seem to have very bad luck , I wonder how old the kids are that were in the accident they'll be a lot of pieces to pick up for those left behind :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Some of the gritters are out at 4am on the roads. They all have a circuit to do and the shifts are staggered. I’ve a family member helping out over Xmas

Awww now this is so sad. I think this may be why I'm not a Christmas person anymore, there's always some awful news. I'm not sure if the news is wrong but they don't seem to be reporting one of the fatalities.

Edited to add they're reporting it now.

• Sad
There's something wrong with that stretch of road at Tamnamore, I had put it down to speed but people are saying its environmental and the surface which allows for water to collect on it and I have to say I've noticed it. My car isn't good when it hits water especially at speed and obviously on the m1 its very difficult to reduce speed. Two more small children orphaned, if you remember a young man was killed going to collect his baby from hospital a few months back, same place.

Well not orphaned they've lost a parent.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
There's something wrong with that stretch of road at Tamnamore, I had put it down to speed but people are saying its environmental and the surface which allows for water to collect on it and I have to say I've noticed it. My car isn't good when it hits water especially at speed and obviously on the m1 its very difficult to reduce speed. Two more small children orphaned, if you remember a young man was killed going to collect his baby from hospital a few months back, same place.

I was just thinking about him, was he killed on the same road Mavis?

Yesterday the sun was blinding. You would need to have been on your absolute A game driving round due to the visibility. Obviously no idea about that particular crash yet but if anything like kids messing around distracted you for a moment or if your reflexes were off due to tiredness/alcohol then you could easily plow into someone by accident.

I was just thinking about him, was he killed on the same road Mavis?
Same place, he was heading towards Craigavon not sure which direction this lady was travelling.
I try to avoid that route if I can which completely defeats the purpose of having a motorway. Drivers can't see and a thick mist covers it sometimes, I presume its coming off the moss. I don't know the science.

Some of the gritters are out at 4am on the roads. They all have a circuit to do and the shifts are staggered. I’ve a family member helping out over Xmas
They’re definitely not out as regular as they used to be ,my husband comes home at that time and even he comments how bad the roads are compared to the south.

God is that where it was, I remember seeing lots of comments about how bad that road is then and still they do nothing to improve it.

They’re definitely not out as regular as they used to be ,my husband comes home at that time and even he comments how bad the roads are compared to the south.

God is that where it was, I remember seeing lots of comments about how bad that road is then and still they do nothing to improve it.
Yes, there are accidents there all the time, some fatal. I remember another lady dying on it a few years back at Christmas. I'm nearly sure it was boxing day.

• Sad
The roads service are so underfunded up here that’s something they really need to improve if the muppets ever get back to work.

The roads are in such a horrendous condition and like so much else in this world at present no one is ever held to account for a job badly/half done.
Nor responsible for putting something properly right after digging a trench or causing a spill.

The roads service are so underfunded up here that’s something they really need to improve if the muppets ever get back to work.
I wish they would just go for direct rule as the cowboys here are too busy pontificating about shite rather than working for the greater good. I’m not a political or religious person but the way those yokes behave is embarrassing and all they are motivated by is scoring points and getting their salary each month.

Reactions: 8
I wish they would just go for direct rule as the cowboys here are too busy pontificating about shite rather than working for the greater good. I’m not a political or religious person but the way those yokes behave is embarrassing and all they are motivated by is scoring points and getting their salary each month.
Yes they should cut out the middlemen they've had a free ride for long enough :rolleyes:

Think it was a woman in her 40’s in tamnamore who died.

My mum was saying something about the cookstown one, think a friend of one of my aunties was one of them :(

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.