Northern Ireland #4 Craic, conflict and current affairs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t worry Monga, looks like she’s gone 🙈😂
I’ve got all the receipts Nora and eyewitness accounts I don’t need anymore to tell me I’m living on a hunch…a wing n prayer, maybe 😂

Reactions: 4
I’ve got all the receipts Nora and eyewitness accounts I don’t need anymore to tell me I’m living on a hunch…a wing n prayer, maybe 😂
The aggressive language and demands for evidence got me, I guess lived experience counts for nothing. Oh and the obligatory gaslighting.

That’s the truth of the matter the unionists want a return to the good old days when they’re privilege gave them the right to round up Catholic people, burn them out of the ramshackle homes they allowed them to live in, beat them within an inch of their lives and shoot them dead whenever they felt like it….no questions asked.

Can’t wait for Jamie to be suspended
Larne FC suspends player ‘with immediate effect’ for wearing top ‘with pro-IRA slogan’

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/larne-fc-suspends-player-with-immediate-effect-for-wearing-top-with-pro-ira-slogan-41912650.hamburger

Here’s the proof, no room for anyone only loyalists/ Unionists in NI View attachment 1500193
only catching up now as was flat out in work today but the bit above in bold, do you actually believe that?

only catching up now as was flat out in work today but the bit above in bold, do you actually believe that?
Yes I do .I think most Unionists want to go back to the glory days when they had the upperhand and privilidges that went with it ...do you think Unionists see Nationalists as equal ?....Why would Donaldson be teaming up with Loyalist paramiliteries if he wanted a progressive NI ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yes I do .I think most Unionists want to go back to the glory days when they had the upperhand and privilidges that went with it ...do you think Unionists see Nationalists as equal ?....Why would Donaldson be teaming up with Loyalist paramiliteries if he wanted a progressive NI ?
I see nationalists, catholics, and anyone else as equal. I certainly can’t speak for every unionist as there is a broad range of views… hence the number of different parties.

as for Donaldson, I don’t vote DUP so can’t be fully aware of his motives but I dislike him teaming up with paramilitaries as much as anyone else, I don’t believe they should be holding the executive to ransom when it is preventing vital support in a cost of living crisis etc.

You’re right Mavis, my issue is with people like Bryson who will throw things like “duck your Union Jack” around Twitter but the previous day was defending the sale of Para flags in Derry and was silent last month when tricolours were being burnt on bonfires. Complaining about up the ra chants while issuing statements on behalf of the men who broadcast that Michaela song. Up in arms about what some footballer wears in his own time but he as a public figure and loyalist “spokesperson” can proudly stand by UVF paraphernalia. I’d like to say Bryson is a one off and he’s in a minority but my experience of it is different.
Truth be told Bryson and people like him would prefer a return to the days of Catholics having no voice, no work, no rights. He should come out and tell it like it is.
Re Jamie imagine people didn’t respond to his

🙈 phone freezing and tech skills not great*

My point is that we all give off about Jamie and his inflammatory tweets keep him ‘relevant’. It would be interesting to see what would happen if ppl ignored his tweets?? No response… no audience

Last edited:
I see nationalists, catholics, and anyone else as equal. I certainly can’t speak for every unionist as there is a broad range of views… hence the number of different parties.

as for Donaldson, I don’t vote DUP so can’t be fully aware of his motives but I dislike him teaming up with paramilitaries as much as anyone else, I don’t believe they should be holding the executive to ransom when it is preventing vital support in a cost of living crisis etc.
You’re definitely in the minority from my experience. Like I said there’s plenty of documentation of how nationalists were treated over the years it’s not a figment of the imagination these things took place …I still don’t see the DUP taking the DFM post it would be against all they stand for and hold dear.

My point is that we all give off about Jamie and his inflammatory tweets keep him ‘relevant’. It would be interesting to see what would happen if ppl ignored his tweets?? No response… no audience
Hard to ignore when he’s riling people from all walks up, I mean he’s an embarrassment 🙄 there’s so many contradictory post out there to what he’s spewing
4569BE20-6865-46B0-9E08-0DCB8BA87FE7.jpeg

And then there’s Emma 😏 alright for some to move on but not others 🫤
B7AA4127-EC0C-44EA-93E1-2CEB6C0AD08F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

I see his tweets multiple times a day and do ignore them, I don’t interact with him. I know I mention him on here but IMO it doesn’t really matter how much ordinary people ignore him when our Deputy FM is writing the foreword of his latest book and Stephen Nolan has him on to stir tension at every opportunity. That’s what gives him a profile and a platform to project his hatred from, not Joe Bloggs.

Reactions: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: 2

How can he not see the irony here?
Not a fan of Eastwood in general but great quote from him

“This is totally out of order. Why do they need to mimic the worst elements of loyalist culture?”
Let’s call a spade a spade, these bonfires are shite and embarrassing regardless of who’s lighting them. Like the article says they do not represent the people of the bogside who’ve suffered enough by all accounts. Never have I ever seen one of these bonfires, they definitely don’t happen where I live. This is the only one I’ve heard of? I will never see the attraction in watching stuff burn to the ground 🤔
Laughable input from Sir Jeffrey 😂

Reactions: 6
Let’s call a spade a spade, these bonfires are shite and embarrassing regardless of who’s lighting them. Like the article says they do not represent the people of the bogside who’ve suffered enough by all accounts. Never have I ever seen one of these bonfires, they definitely don’t happen where I live. This is the only one I’ve heard of? I will never see the attraction in watching stuff burn to the ground 🤔
Laughable input from Sir Jeffrey 😂
I must live a completely sheltered life because at 39 yrs young i didn't even know nationalists did bonfires til I read it on here!!
And I wouldn't attend one if you paid me

I must live a completely sheltered life because at 39 yrs young i didn't even know nationalists did bonfires til I read it on here!!
And I wouldn't attend one if you paid me
I have a few years on you and it was news to me too. I mean I knew internment bonfires happened but also knew they were very few and far between but can safely say there’s never been one around here and I don’t know a single person who’s ever been to one either. Asked my son about it and he hadn’t a clue what I was on about. Probably immature, bored teenagers behind this one in Derry. They’re dangerous, they’re dirty and they’re just plain crap 💩🙈

Reactions: 3
It’s the dissidents run the bog bonfire you’ll even find a shinner or two in there
DAF0D92C-47F5-4EF7-AAFE-7D77799D2217.jpeg
9E13F057-6B6B-4950-A527-ADF563CB77CE.jpeg

Is Jamie getting over excited for the wrong union
04F86989-F658-470C-AB86-982CC60FE17B.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s the dissidents run the bog bonfire you’ll even find a shinner or two in there View attachment 1502166View attachment 1502167

Is Jamie getting over excited for the wrong union View attachment 1502181
Theres a Downing Street thread on here (don’t even ask) and I just read a post that has suggested liz is a ‘top shagger’ and I can’t stop laughing. She would have Bryson for breakfast and I’m not even a fan of hers as she seems a bit incompetent 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Theres a Downing Street thread on here (don’t even ask) and I just read a post that has suggested liz is a ‘top shagger’ and I can’t stop laughing. She would have Bryson for breakfast and I’m not even a fan of hers as she seems a bit incompetent 😂
Is it the downing st men thread?
This is the twit she was having a long affair with , he’s certainly got a way with the ladies 🫤

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
With charts like this they’d need a very competent person in charge, sad that we’ll be dragged down with them
B748A80D-FFFD-4F1C-AC87-6E86DE64A291.jpeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.