Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
What more do they want? They’ve banned tricolours and even the ST Patrick’s Day has been changed to spring carnival.
You actually have to laugh like. I know St George’s Day isn’t celebrated in the same way paddy’s day is celebrated here but can you imagine someone saying aye but make it less English please 😂😂fucking idiot.

In other news I was at Ireland’s Future yesterday- it was interesting enough but overly long and they tried to cram too much in. It just felt like box ticking. Everyone who spoke literally had 4 or 5 minutes, there was no debate, there was no challenges, it could barely even be classed as a conversation. Genuinely the most interesting bit for me was hearing the Protestant perspectives on a UI. And tbf Leo Varadkers bit was good.
In future they need to shorten it by an hour and half, perhaps open up the floor to questions and actually try to have some meaningful conversations.
It just fell a bit flat somehow? Enjoyed it all the same

Reactions: 6

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Maybe more non denominational schools should be opened? It’s not like parents aren’t aware of the type of school they’re sending their kids to.
I actually think this is bullshit. I remember us talking ages ago about ‘RE’ in schools. Even in primary school you could opt your kids out and if you did RE it would be with whichever variation your kids you wanted them in. If you didn’t want them in RE this wasn’t an issue 30 years ago when I was 10 and we were more ‘religious’ as a country then. All you had to do is say you didn’t want your kids in RE or you didn’t want them going on EMU trips and it wasn’t an issue then so this seems like a load of balls now. Or maybe I just went to schools which respected parents wishes (I doubt that tbh)
---
This actually winds me up. If you didn’t know you could withdraw your kids from religious education then you haven’t been paying enough attention as a parent. Take your head out of your phone for 10 seconds and actually read the curriculum for the school you are sending your kids to and if you have an issue with it then don’t send them there.

Reactions: 5

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Saw that, doubt it would be revenge? But strange how he’s just disappeared without trace.
Looks like a rough terrain with lots of bushes, I’d say he’s fallen in that area and just hasn’t been found yet. Can’t see any positive outcome at this stage.
The Facebook group has turned into a circus just like the Nicola Bulley one. People making all sorts of ludicrous suggestions like Cristiano Ronaldo should be paying for a private investigation team and the British Army should be deployed to look for him 🤦🏼‍♀️ Don’t get me wrong , it was my son I’d be losing my mind but people are nuts, some have even flown out there to “help” and there’s a psychic involved (isn’t there always😬).

• Wow

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Yeah those poor women , apparently it’s a sexual assault hotspot now, extra patrols day and night.
Fuck sake that is awful. As I thought south of England was quite posh and ‘safe’
I had a bit of a mental health wobble a couple of months back due to some work issues and I genuinely didn’t like leaving the house without Mr Grifty, not to di with any assault fears, just I was feeling like shit, mainly the work stuff and I wasn’t great- loved being able to sound off here with people I don’t know about random stuff. I’m much better now but I can’t imagine how bad it must feel for a woman to think she is safe in a beach in the uk to have this shit. Surely they must have lifeguards? I’ve never heard of broad daylight assaults on women on beaches before.

• Heart

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Haven’t ventured to the FB group, think I’ll give it a miss 😂
---
Why should this be pushed on teachers, they’re not expert on trans issues either.
It’s wild, I need to stop reading it because I I’m cracking up laughing at the lunacy of these people but then feel bad because it’s about a missing person 🤦🏼‍♀️ someone wants their Labrador sent out because she has a good nose and someone emailed the police in Tenerife to make sure they’re checking for blood on cactus plants 😬

• Haha
If they withdrew the children from RE then they wouldn’t have the big Communion or Confirmation. Plenty never darken a Church door, yet run the country for outfits and all that goes with it now. Balloon displays, bouncy castles, catering, photographers etc etc. They’re only wanting to hear themselves!

sunflower81

• Wow

VioletBear

VIP Member
On a bit of a side post is anyone really struggling with all the Gaza posts, my stories skipped on today to someone holding up a baby with no head and I haven’t stopped thinking about it. This is in no way me ignoring what’s going on but I really struggle with seeing it, it really sticks with me, I can’t stop thinking about it, it takes over my thoughts and the feeling of helplessness is awful. I mentioned it before to be met with ‘aren’t you lucky you can ignore it, those people can’t’. Anyone else feel in the same boat?

• Heart
  • Sad

Wee Nora

VIP Member
I don’t even like soccer but would love to see the Euros come here regardless of where it’s played so I will never get my head around people who actually follow the sport and have a vested interest being so opposed. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Lovecrisps

Chatty Member
Ugh. I'm EB. Normally an Alliance voter but with Naomi Long, I'm so angry at her about women's rights and her support of the transgender lobby at the expense of actual women. I would still vote Alliance depending on the candidate but unfortunately I can't currently vote for her. Also have said I will never and can never vote DUP as they're abhorrent. I think Gavin is reasonable enough but what he stands for in the DUP isn't something I could vote for so he also won't be getting my vote. I might spoil it. I'm hoping for an Alliance knock at the door in the meantime.

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
where are breasts cheaper than thighs?! I tend to buy thighs due to being cheap but my husband hates them!
---

Yes 100%! M&S are def cheapest for loads! But hard not get sucked in to the other lovely things 😫
Aye, you go in for the cheap milk and bread and come out with fancy cheese and 500 bags of Percy pigs.

• Haha

Justherefortittle

VIP Member
Scum of the north wrecking Derry
The co accused sound delightful too!

PS going through a pretty crappy personal situation at the minute so haven’t had the brain space to go through threads much or respond.

Trying to keep my positive pants on, hope everyone else is well
---
PPS @Wee Nora pretty please come back, stalwart of this thread 🧵
Don’t know what happened and haven’t the capacity to read through all the posts properly but we can’t lose you like we did @BigMavis 😢

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart

Wee Nora

VIP Member
But there is no businesses, everything’s shutting down, surely giving people something to come to should be a priority? They’ve built our entire tourism industry on the troubles, then people complain we look bad to outsiders 🤷🏼‍♀️
Well surely the Euros would “give people something to come to”. Can’t have the events without the venue. Visitors don’t just come to an event and go home, they stay, they eat, they drink, they shop. I don’t see how sending it to Dublin is going to help anyone up here. Pink is packing out a sporting venue in Dublin over the next few days, Taylor Swift next week.
As for building tourism on the troubles, my point exactly, what’s wrong with people coming to NI for something bloody positive for a change? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Wee Nora

VIP Member
It’s the same way they (we know who they are) have been holding NI back all these years. Knuckle dragging, small minded morons the lot of them. I’m affronted. God forbid we would get a decent anything, cause fenians 🤦🏻‍♀️
Option A - a major sporting event comes to Belfast. People from all over the world visit Northern Ireland, pack out our hotels, pubs and restaurants, spend loads of money and maybe just maybe we manage to make a good impression and this place is seen in a positive light for once and those visitors return or go home and tell their friends that NI is a nice place to go.

Option B - Niver niver niver. Themmuns etc etc 🥱

It’ll always be option B and how bloody depressing is that? Mortifying 🫣

• Heart

martha82

Chatty Member
How could any of these girls be washing clothes and cleaning up blood for the next day a girl to have supposedly “committed suicide” and they didn’t put 2 & 2 together and get 4?
one was done for withholding info from police…so by that stage the girl would have known there was a murder investigation?!