Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
I actually think this is bullshit. I remember us talking ages ago about ‘RE’ in schools. Even in primary school you could opt your kids out and if you did RE it would be with whichever variation your kids you wanted them in. If you didn’t want them in RE this wasn’t an issue 30 years ago when I was 10 and we were more ‘religious’ as a country then. All you had to do is say you didn’t want your kids in RE or you didn’t want them going on EMU trips and it wasn’t an issue then so this seems like a load of balls now. Or maybe I just went to schools which respected parents wishes (I doubt that tbh)
---
This actually winds me up. If you didn’t know you could withdraw your kids from religious education then you haven’t been paying enough attention as a parent. Take your head out of your phone for 10 seconds and actually read the curriculum for the school you are sending your kids to and if you have an issue with it then don’t send them there.
Our schools are parish schools I don’t think we can withdraw them ( I’ve never tried) in secondary my eldest wanted to drop RE at GCSE they told him he couldn’t, there’s only priests visit the odd time to do mass on occasions like a leavers mass etc, but that’s usually done in chapel now, there’s no religious trips etc just bog standard RE about the life of Jesus and some saints.
---
If they withdrew the children from RE then they wouldn’t have the big Communion or Confirmation. Plenty never darken a Church door, yet run the country for outfits and all that goes with it now. Balloon displays, bouncy castles, catering, photographers etc etc. They’re only wanting to hear themselves!
I’m not sure it’s those parents complaining.
---
I remember having to do confirmation (30 odd years ago) and it was shite as had to go to ‘classes” and pretend I wanted to be there for weeks. Was church of Ireland so not sure if it is same for the first communion in Catholic Church?

These days I have seen a few first communion type things on FB and it seems to be more of a fashion show for the mums than actually giving a fuck about the religious aspect
---
This post made me laugh… why do politicians have to make out they are something they are not?!

Starmers going to suffer in office ,his wife and her family are Jewish most of his party are for Palestine I don’t know how he’ll deal with it without offending someone.

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
Are they reading here 😂

---
Even the extremely ill King Charles made an effort
IMG_6807.jpeg

---
Disgrace, it’s these type of people we need in the health service not lazy dossers.

---
This is how low they’re stooping to make drug money, should be the boys in balaclavas dealing with them.

---
Brutal!

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
The Burkes aren’t for lying down lol

---

---

---
Does Jimmy know this interesting fact

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
Niall “the patriot” McConnell is a mega grifter. He was on Twitter complaining that his election posters had been taken down and replaced by SF ones. When somebody suggested using metal cable ties to secure them he told him in no uncertain terms to “chip in” and pay for them 😂 every single page on his website takes you to a donation link.

I see he’s deleted it now, wish I’d screenshotted it. The cheek of him trying to guilt people into paying for his election tat.

View attachment 2946833
---

Is he not saying he doesn’t endorse everything the Iranian government does? Just like going to America doesn’t mean you agree with the administration? Can’t see anything wrong with what he said tbh 🤷🏼‍♀️
Same as Al Quadri ! He’s taken his GFM down too.

Attachments

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Haven’t checked his page what’s he’s saying?
---
Like a CT
Fuck me, is she smoking crack?
---
Maybe I am misreading this but should a supermarket be aligning with a party during an election campaign?

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
Not a tom jones fan normally but that was a cracking performance. I know we have our own issues here and have various remembrances etc but it must be moving to see those rows of headstones like that in Normandy. Just feels a bit different.
I’m sure it’s a very emotional time for the veterans , you could see the royals deep in thought…Great performance from Tom , one of my neighbours son is going through cancer treatment atm and she always posts that song on her SM .

monga

VIP Member
It’s getting to and from the ground might be an issue.

---
Ridiculous amount of violence in and around schools
---
Can travel round the world (for a handsome fee ) crying about British human rights abuses but can’t go to the institution that commits them and call it out face to face 🙄

Attachments

Last edited:

monga

VIP Member
The ones who identify as Irish patriots (and align themselves with the British far right) were out on force on Twitter, voting as many times as they possibly could on multiple devices. Ireland is and always had been a Pro Palestine country and no ridiculous Eurovision vote is going to change that.
I thought they were a tiny minority? Maybe the south isn’t as pro Palestinian as the north?
---
I can’t see the British going for this either ? gov has changed people’s perceptions with their lax migratory policies, genuine people in need will no longer gain public sympathy compared to a few yrs ago.

Attachments

Last edited:

Em_gardener

VIP Member
That’s fine so just vote for someone else 🤷🏼‍♀️ if FF FG voters don’t expect much from them then they need to vote for someone else too. The only way to hold any party to account is at the polls.
There's loads of people that aren't that happy with FF FG who still aren't going to vote for anyone else bar maybe an independent. The other parties are all too far left for them or really fringe. I'm just explaining why SF are getting so much anger directed at them and it's because their base feel really let down by them. They thought they were one thing and they've turned out to be another - basically much the same as the govt parties. People are annoyed at them because they are the opposition and they've voted with the govt on so many things that their own base didn't agree with e.g. hate speech laws, eu migration pact. It's not that people are blaming SF more than the govt for the current state of affairs but they're angrier with them because they feel betrayed.

monga

VIP Member
I remember being in dubious joints in London (Kilburn) in the 1990s where you you were called a word starting with C if you didn't stagger to your feet at 3am for the National Anthem
It was the only time we heard it ,it never came north of the border…Many’s a great night was had in Donegal 😂
---
Maybe because I am a classy lady I don’t think I have ever been in a loyalist bar where they played GSTQ but have heard it is defo a thing in some parts, 😂
I bet you’ve heard Simply the Best being massacred 😂

monga

VIP Member
I reckon the shinners would probably be neck n neck with the main two parties come a general election! Asylum seekers can’t vote , I’m sure the NGO interference has had a big affect on the outcome .

monga

VIP Member
Seems Leo is Naomi’s replacement 😂
---
I’ll be voting for the underdog, not one worthy candidate in my area. Belfast gets the investment Derry gets the ridiculous carnivals, dancing and barbecues, time for change has been a long time coming and people are seeing through the bullshit.
---
Old Toms still got it at 84

Last edited: