Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LurkingLuke

VIP Member
I have no real interest in GAA or the soccer but honestly it’s infuriating watching small minds try to drive this into a sectarian issue.

When I lived overseas so many people gushed about Ireland and how they visited & travelled all over. When I asked if they ventured north to Donegal, the giants causeway, Down or Belfast they all would say ah no, we didn’t want to venture into NI as it may not be safe. That’s the worlds view of us from afar. The opportunities for tourism here are huge & as usual small minded individuals ruin it for all.

Reactions: 9

Wee Nora

VIP Member
IMG_0325.jpeg

Lesser mortals? “Lesser mortals” would be languishing on NHS waiting lists or trying to figure out how they’re going to pay their bills and manage childcare while they have treatment or wondering if they can actually afford to die. What makes them lesser? Is it that they don’t have a full medical team, maids, nannies, chefs etc at their beck and call 24/7, all propped up by tax payers? More than a whiff of “let them cake” off this 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 9

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
Meanwhile this is Carla “pro-life Christian” Lockhart. The same Carla who’s against a ceasefire to end the slaughter of Palestinian babies. Carla wants to “protect women” but when the HOC voted to suspend MPs accused of rape or sex offences Carla abstained from the vote. Carla couldn’t care less about women or children.

View attachment 2938943
Cunts the lot of them

Reactions: 8

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Sure wasn’t MMcG saying for years that Irish citizens in the North should have a vote? That wouldn’t correlate with the SF bashing though.

I think I’m done with this thread for a while. It used to be enjoyable and a good laugh but lately the conversation always turns to immigrants and I’m not going to lie, I find it draining. If I’m an arsehole for saying so then so be it. I’ll leave you to it 👋

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8

Wee Nora

VIP Member
That’s the problem eateries are closing down, it’s lines of shutters , town centres are full with druggies scrapping each other, no point putting the cart before the horse ,if you want to attract people you need to be able to offer them something besides a match.
Every city in the world has a drug issue but here in N.I a hell of a lot of our mental health and addiction problems are a fallout from the troubles with PTSD and intergenerational trauma. That’s why we need to move on and have these 6 counties on the map for more than one reason. History is important but it doesn’t have to define a place. The beautiful scenery and culture doesn’t stop at the border, we need to be doing more to showcase it, part of that is incentivising people to come.

Reactions: 7

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
I don’t even like soccer but would love to see the Euros come here regardless of where it’s played so I will never get my head around people who actually follow the sport and have a vested interest being so opposed. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.
It’s the same way they (we know who they are) have been holding NI back all these years. Knuckle dragging, small minded morons the lot of them. I’m affronted. God forbid we would get a decent anything, cause fenians 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Aye, so once it is over and she didn’t win she says fuck them. She was more than happy to be part of it so needs to own it.

VioletBear

VIP Member
Until we can move on from our divisive past this place is going nowhere. The fact we still have to have two of everything to suit both sides is a drain on the economy. Schools, recreational space, shops, social facilities all duplicated because one side won’t share with another and this stadium is the prime example. Literally cutting off your nose to spite your face. Investment needs to be made in our government for change, for someone to have the balls to stand up and put things aside and work with the ‘enemy’ for the greater good of the country and not follow years old political lines because that’s the done thing.

HarryPotHead

VIP Member
I have no real interest in GAA or the soccer but honestly it’s infuriating watching small minds try to drive this into a sectarian issue.

When I lived overseas so many people gushed about Ireland and how they visited & travelled all over. When I asked if they ventured north to Donegal, the giants causeway, Down or Belfast they all would say ah no, we didn’t want to venture into NI as it may not be safe. That’s the worlds view of us from afar. The opportunities for tourism here are huge & as usual small minded individuals ruin it for all.
I work in a tourist environment. I meet all sorts travelling from all over the world (American, Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Spanish - even from South Africa!)
I can't reveal where I meet them or I may be hunted down. BUT I get this a lot. They don't want to risk travelling into the Northern areas for fear of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. When I do manage to convince them that they cannot miss out on the Giants Causeway etc etc they always come back to let me know that they've had a great time.

It can take some convincing though and it's really a shame because I think NI is (mostly) great and want people to visit us, just avoid the knuckle dragging areas 😂

Reactions: 6

Wee Nora

VIP Member
JFC I'm ashamed to be from the same place as these cretins. What a lovely welcoming atmosphere the NI fans exude :sick:
Will travel all the way to Germany and try to antagonise the locals even though NI didn’t actually qualify but also can’t bear the thought of the Euros coming to their own back yard and their team automatically qualifying because it would mean themmuns getting a new stadium 🙄 knuckledraggers 😂

• Haha

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
He’ll have to run it by the EU first.
They should have a design a fleg competition and also an anthem competition like popstars with Louis Walsh as one of the judges. I’ll get on board with the idea of a UI if they do this.

• Haha

Wee Nora

VIP Member
Is this true? Did Ireland award 10 points to the Israelis?
The ones who identify as Irish patriots (and align themselves with the British far right) were out on force on Twitter, voting as many times as they possibly could on multiple devices. Ireland is and always had been a Pro Palestine country and no ridiculous Eurovision vote is going to change that.

Shimmering

VIP Member
Will travel all the way to Germany and try to antagonise the locals even though NI didn’t actually qualify but also can’t bear the thought of the Euros coming to their own back yard and their team automatically qualifying because it would mean themmuns getting a new stadium 🙄 knuckledraggers 😂

---
Honestly fuck them and their small minded sectarianism.

Is it awful that I judge people who follow this team around? One of my colleagues travels to watch them play and he's a lovely person otherwise but it makes me uncomfortable.

I will never support the NI football team.

You'd have more chance of getting me to cheer for England.

Et tu Brute?

VIP Member
That’s not a current clip. Not a fan of that song and I know it has been sung but why are you posting clips that are possibly 8 years old without any question claiming it is NI fans in Germany?
---

You are actually so full of shit. You have taken a tik tok from years ago claiming it was from this week.and used it to paint all NI fans a certain way when you know nothing of it.
I would actually love you all to come to an NI match with me to see the reality.
Me? Full of shit? Thanks very much 😉 Fair enough if the clip is old but my comment still stands. NI is being held back by the same toxic attitudes. Sadly, there’s nothing outdated about that 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited to add, I didn’t take anything from TikTok, I’m a millennial, I don’t have TikTok. I merely commented. I’ve often thought you were full of shit, I just try to be polite and as respectful as possible on this thread.

Last edited:
  • Sad

Wee Nora

VIP Member
But at least you get one during the day! Like hens teeth in this town, can’t even have an outdoor seating area because it’s hi-jacked by squabbling addicts ( not even from the towns) we’re on our way to LA imo..Good luck to Taylor 😂
How did people manage when the Irish Open was on? I’ve not had an issue getting a taxi in Belfast but if we’re going to wait until there’s thousands of taxis and no addicts before we host an event we’ll be waiting a long f*cking time. God forbid we could have anything remotely enjoyable happen here.
Maybe letting Dublin fulfil the fixture is a good idea after all because if there’s a way to suck the life out of something you can rely on good aul norn iron to find it. Let the visitors spend their money in Dublin, that’ll help us out a lot.

• Haha
  • Heart

HowVery

I'd love to see Little Amal and can't understand why she'd be seen as weird, or inspire opinions that one would want to keep to themselves.

This thread baffles me. Do youse like anyone or anything?

• Haha

timemoveson

Chatty Member
I know I've been quiet on here recently, a lot behind the scenes work been going on.

I just wanna say after years of trying and taking on new challenges to get myself there, I've finally been offered a permanent position within NICS!! 🙈

Now I get to waste taxpayer money on a more official scale 🤣🤣

• Haha

MaryLou32

Chatty Member
What more do they want? They’ve banned tricolours and even the ST Patrick’s Day has been changed to spring carnival.
You actually have to laugh like. I know St George’s Day isn’t celebrated in the same way paddy’s day is celebrated here but can you imagine someone saying aye but make it less English please 😂😂fucking idiot.

In other news I was at Ireland’s Future yesterday- it was interesting enough but overly long and they tried to cram too much in. It just felt like box ticking. Everyone who spoke literally had 4 or 5 minutes, there was no debate, there was no challenges, it could barely even be classed as a conversation. Genuinely the most interesting bit for me was hearing the Protestant perspectives on a UI. And tbf Leo Varadkers bit was good.
In future they need to shorten it by an hour and half, perhaps open up the floor to questions and actually try to have some meaningful conversations.
It just fell a bit flat somehow? Enjoyed it all the same