Northern Ireland #20 Snow Surrender. Three day bender.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m surprised anyone would have known what it meant to be offended if they didn’t come from an Irish speaking background. Primark is ridiculously busy at Christmas so I can’t see a customer noticing so perhaps there is more to it like an internal staff dispute?
What’s the issue though? What if her jumper said Merry Christmas in Welsh? Would that be a problem?

It’s fear, fragile egos and supremacism that’s the issue here.

I cannot understand how the native language of the island of Ireland and the phrase Merry Christmas can cause offence and if any staff members are offended then perhaps they require diversity training.

Edited to add, I’m surprised you’re surprised that anyone would know what it meant. Of course people do.

Don’t unionists shop in Dunnes Stores? If not they are missing out!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
What’s the issue though? What if her jumper said Merry Christmas in Welsh? Would that be a problem?

It’s fear, fragile egos and supremacism that’s the issue here.

I cannot understand how the native language of the island of Ireland and the phrase Merry Christmas can cause offence and if any staff members are offended then perhaps they require diversity training.

Edited to add, I’m surprised you’re surprised that anyone would know what it meant. Of course people do.

Don’t unionists shop in Dunnes Stores? If not they are missing out!!!!
Sorry I maybe wasn’t clear- what I mean is I didn’t know what it meant and probably wouldn’t have even noticed and would be surprised if a lot of PUL type people would know what it meant. I don’t think it is offensive and think she should be able to wear it if they do Christmas jumpers. From the article I saw though the staff member had been wearing it the past couple of years so why did something happen now? New manager? Or did someone actually complain and suggest it was political or someone being a wet wipe worried about pre-emoted someone hassling her in a well meaning way?

Anyway I’m away to find out what the Ulster Scots for happy Christmas is as I don’t know that either !!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sorry I maybe wasn’t clear- what I mean is I didn’t know what it meant and probably wouldn’t have even noticed and would be surprised if a lot of PUL type people would know what it meant. I don’t think it is offensive and think she should be able to wear it if they do Christmas jumpers. From the article I saw though the staff member had been wearing it the past couple of years so why did something happen now? New manager? Or did someone actually complain and suggest it was political or someone being a wet wipe worried about pre-emoted someone hassling her in a well meaning way?

Anyway I’m away to find out what the Ulster Scots for happy Christmas is as I don’t know that either !!
Something like “Happae Chrrrrrissmaes” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5

“ see you Jimmy gizz a glasgae kiss “ something like that 😂

• Haha
Apparently unionists were complaining over Primarks £3 coronation T-shirts…Wtf do they want for £3 😂
I wouldn’t take one for free 🤣

They’d be hilarious if they weren’t holding the country to f**king ransom 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The most offensive part of this is that I can’t get Feliz Navidad out of my head. Every time I stop it running through my mind it appears. My partner actually said it is one of the best Christmas songs the other day.

BTW if you want a good deal the Lidl salted caramel Irish cream is good!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
“ see you Jimmy gizz a glasgae kiss “ something like that 😂
The most offensive part of this is that I can’t get Feliz Navidad out of my head. Every time I stop it running through my mind it appears. My partner actually said it is one of the best Christmas songs the other day.

I have seen loads of Baileys recipes so might grab a bottle for cooking & baking!

Too many baileys in my uni days put me of it a little to enjoy as a drink

• Haha
Saw a baileys espresso martini the other day so baileys, vodka and espresso. Might give that a bash.

I’m going to make home made soda and champ potato bread at the weekend for breakfast.

I’m looking forward to spending time with family. We aren’t getting any younger.

Hope you are all having a good one too.

• Heart

I’m the same - it’s playing in my head all evening 🤣

Reactions: 2
Why don’t they want social housing? Lists are miles long.
---
Saw a baileys espresso martini the other day so baileys, vodka and espresso. Might give that a bash.

I’m going to make home made soda and champ potato bread at the weekend for breakfast.

I’m looking forward to spending time with family. We aren’t getting any younger.

Hope you are all having a good one too.
I’m sick at the thought of it…Smirnoff and sickly Baileys..Too much 🤮🤕💀

Reactions: 1
Why don’t they want social housing? Lists are miles long.
---

I’m sick at the thought of it…Smirnoff and sickly Baileys..Too much 🤮🤕💀
It seems strange. I actually didn’t think that building was in a loyalist area as being lower Ormeau which I thought is more nationalist but I could be wrong, However if it is to do with meeting needs of older clients perhaps there could be issues if it is more apartments?
then I imagine there is probably a fear that the housing won’t actually go to locals?
I don’t know the full details of the plan so just speculating.

I thought Donegall pass was mostly home to a lot of the Chinese community as there are a few restaurants and a bakery etc.

It seems strange. I actually didn’t think that building was in a loyalist area as being lower Ormeau which I thought is more nationalist but I could be wrong, However if it is to do with meeting needs of older clients perhaps there could be issues if it is more apartments?
then I imagine there is probably a fear that the housing won’t actually go to locals?

I thought Donegall pass was mostly home to a lot of the Chinese community as there are a few restaurants and a bakery etc.
Jesus the Chinese have to live somewhere as do other nationalities, if they’re here legally what’s the problem 🤷🏼‍♀️…There definitely needs to be more disabled and OAP housing being built, people are waiting years and years for accessible housing, there’s OAP’s living in 3 bed houses looking to downsize to one bedroom accommodation and none available.
---
Poor Doug, still on the hit list for 2024
IMG_2295.jpeg

---
Too much blusher unless someone’s sitting on his jingle bells
IMG_2296.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Jesus the Chinese have to live somewhere as do other nationalities, if they’re here legally what’s the problem 🤷🏼‍♀️…There definitely needs to be more disabled and OAP housing being built, people are waiting years and years for accessible housing, there’s OAP’s living in 3 bed houses looking to downsize to one bedroom accommodation and none available.
---
Poor Doug, still on the hit list for 2024 View attachment 2644403
---
Too much blusher unless someone’s sitting on his jingle bells View attachment 2644407
Here I wasn’t saying the Chinese shouldn’t live there, I’m just surprised that area is being classed as a ‘loyalist’ area when it isn’t. I actually think this guy (who I haven’t heard of before) is stoking up tensions for some reason. Now to be fair it shouldn’t just be decided on things without planning permission or consultation with local residents to be fair. I just just find the framing of a loyalist area to be a bit strange.

This is Donegall Pass, it's definitely loyalist :ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20231222_085738_Chrome.jpg

It's also where the multicultural centre was that was attacked and burnt out multiple times by loyalist paramilitaries. There was a recent spotlight about it.

• Sad
  • Sick
This is Donegall Pass, it's definitely loyalist :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2644760

It's also where the multicultural centre was that was attacked and burnt out multiple times by loyalist paramilitaries. There was a recent spotlight about it.
Yeah but the building in question is on up the Ormeau road a bit. It is close by but I would have said it strange that Donegal pass has any bearing on it.

This makes me sick, those families need to bring a case against the state and healthcare facility, anyone that’s had a relative in that situation knows how hard it is placing them in others care ,it’s why many families struggle on without help, I don’t know how they coped hearing the outcome of that report.
---

---

Last edited:
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.