Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that desperation I can smell? 👃

They are stuck in the past. Sure does it really matter if you "split" the vote in an STV election? The votes transfer. There were a billion unionist candidates standing in my DEA and they all transferred to each other so if anything it helps to have more candidates!

Reactions: 4
not there being a whole national front protest in portrush yesterday!!!!! did anyone else see that ?
I didn’t, but acts like this won’t help genuine asylum seekers…
---
FB has added me to some randoms messenger 😂 any wonder they’re being fined for data breaches.

• Sad
I don't see how the UUP could amalgamate with the DUP, the only thing they have in common is the union. Beattie has hit a blip because he's taken the party in a moderate direction, he should stick it out.
Doug says himself they're losing moderates because people view unionism as toxic but I see someone has replied to him saying the message for the last 100 years should have been unionism for all. Hard to argue with that.

Reactions: 5
I see that electric scooter rider in the accident on the Knock dual carriageway a few weeks died today. I wonder if this will start conversations about their dangers? We were in a playground a while ago and kids (late primary age) on a scooter were riding around so fast and in front of the bottom of the slide that I was terrified a kid was going to come off the bottom of the slide and be hit at 20mph.

Reactions: 3
I don't see how the UUP could amalgamate with the DUP, the only thing they have in common is the union. Beattie has hit a blip because he's taken the party in a moderate direction, he should stick it out.
Doug says himself they're losing moderates because people view unionism as toxic but I see someone has replied to him saying the message for the last 100 years should have been unionism for all. Hard to argue with that.
Yeah they’ve done nothing to make the union attractive to the CNR community. Hatred, bigotry, sectarianism, inequality. Even now in 2023 complete intolerance of anything Irish. You’ve got Jamie slating Doug saying he’s loved by “the Nationalist Twitterati” 🙄 Clearly it would be preferable to him if Nationalists hate Unionist leaders. And that’s who Jeffrey’s in cahoots with 🤷🏼‍♀️

I didn’t, but acts like this won’t help genuine asylum seekers…
---
FB has added me to some randoms messenger 😂 any wonder they’re being fined for data breaches.
So are they saying they were beaten by a gang of Romanians? I’m surprised that was printed. Also I thought Asperger’s was a more “high functioning” disability… I could be completely wrong but if someone has the mind of a 9 year old why are you letting them go to see that movie? I’m not saying he should have gotten beat up but the story narrative seems a bit off. It would be as bad if a neurotypical kid got a kicking from 20 people. I hope he is ok and that the he perpetrators get found out but the story seems a bit off.

Reactions: 1
So are they saying they were beaten by a gang of Romanians? I’m surprised that was printed. Also I thought Asperger’s was a more “high functioning” disability… I could be completely wrong but if someone has the mind of a 9 year old why are you letting them go to see that movie? I’m not saying he should have gotten beat up but the story narrative seems a bit off. It would be as bad if a neurotypical kid got a kicking from 20 people. I hope he is ok and that the he perpetrators get found out but the story seems a bit off.
When she says he has the mind of a 9 year old that could mean all kinds of things. Maybe he’s well able to understand the movie but unable to function well socially or know what’s socially acceptable ie making noises during the film. I don’t think 2 adult brothers going to watch a 12A movie is the issue here. If you watch any show like crimewatch for example they will describe people in similar ways, eg black male, Eastern European, spoke with a Polish accent etc. It helps catch the people responsible so I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with pointing out they’re Romanian 🤷🏼‍♀️ No different to pointing out the victim has a disability in my eyes.

Reactions: 6
When she says he has the mind of a 9 year old that could mean all kinds of things. Maybe he’s well able to understand the movie but unable to function well socially or know what’s socially acceptable ie making noises during the film. I don’t think 2 adult brothers going to watch a 12A movie is the issue here. If you watch any show like crimewatch for example they will describe people in similar ways, eg black male, Eastern European, spoke with a Polish accent etc. It helps catch the people responsible so I personally don’t think there’s anything wrong with pointing out they’re Romanian 🤷🏼‍♀️ No different to pointing out the victim has a disability in my eyes.
Yeah, I understand. I just feel the mind of a 9 year old thing was a bit of hyperbole but if it gets people to acknowledge there are gangs then fair enough. The more recent story posted didn’t mention the group though so it seems to be hushed up. Would just love a bit if honest reporting on all issues regardless of the victims or perps.

Bomb scare at east Belfast GAA grounds. Anne Smyth and the TUV created a tit storm around this. My take would be if its not welcome don't have it there.

I know people with the mindset of a 5yr old that go ( accompanied) to bars etc they’re still adults and can legally marry if they wish, I’m sure the F&F is lame in comparison 🤣 maybe he likes the cars ?
The police car is visible in the pic so something occurred, they seem to have corroborated the story.

Last edited:
Bomb scare at east Belfast GAA grounds. Anne Smyth and the TUV created a tit storm around this. My take would be if its not welcome don't have it there.
Yeah I guess but it has something like 400 members so it’s obviously ok with those people. I understand some don’t want it there but it’s easy enough to ignore it and just walk on by. Nobody is putting a gun to their head and making them take part 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s just amateur sport.

Yeah I guess but it has something like 400 members so it’s obviously ok with those people. I understand some don’t want it there but it’s easy enough to ignore it and just walk on by. Nobody is putting a gun to their head and making them take part 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s just amateur sport.
UUP spokesman on radio beating around the bush its not wanted in the area. 500 members across 10 teams in that area and no pitch apparently?
Bottom line no tolerance.
---

---
Nolans going to continue goading the UUP guy. They should hang up.

Attachments

Last edited:
UUP spokesman on radio beating around the bush its not wanted in the area. 500 members across 10 teams in that area and no pitch apparently?
Bottom line no tolerance.
---
A case of feeling threatened after the elections? I don’t know. Anyone watch View from Stormont last night? Very interesting. They focused on the massive SF gains and how they managed to get 65% turnout from disadvantaged places like the Short Strand while unionist parties only managed 35% in disadvantaged areas. Basically they’re saying SF’s message of positivity, working together, working for all etc resonates with people while the DUP’s campaign has based itself on “vote for us or else this will happen” negativity and it’s a turn off for people. Your crush Buckley was on Mavis 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A case of feeling threatened after the elections? I don’t know. Anyone watch View from Stormont last night? Very interesting. They focused on the massive SF gains and how they managed to get 65% turnout from disadvantaged places like the Short Strand while unionist parties only managed 35% in disadvantaged areas. Basically they’re saying SF’s message of positivity, working together, working for all etc resonates with people while the DUP’s campaign has based itself on “vote for us or else this will happen” negativity and it’s a turn off for people. Your crush Buckley was on Mavis 😂
That's exactly what's happening. People are tired of the doom and gloom and the nationalist parties are focusing on hope and positivity. It's appealing to younger voters. This UUP member I'm listening to isn't coming across well, Doug will be furious.

Reactions: 5
That's exactly what's happening. People are tired of the doom and gloom and the nationalist parties are focusing on hope and positivity. It's appealing to younger voters. This UUP member I'm listening to isn't coming across well, Doug will be furious.
Buckley was gurning about Casement Park getting funding 🥱😴

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was out in town yesterday and saw an immigration raid on the Turkish Barbers on Castle Street. No pics because it happened so quickly but there were police with cases and handcuffs

• Wow
Ormo are taking the piss with their pancakes. They’ve gone absolutely tiny 🤬
---
Wow Jamie I’m shacked so I am. Not like Unionists to block democracy 😎

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.