Northern Ireland #13 Cafflicks and Prods up a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember him telling a heckler go grease your ass and slide on it. Such a polite way of telling someone to duck aff. Respect 🙌

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Don’t tell Jimmy 🤫
Where do go from here? Joint/direct rule more likely? Bring it on as I am done with the elephant in the room! Our schools, hospitals and services are deprived. I am fed up paying taxes, rates etc for petty shite. We deserve better and our wains deserve better!

Reactions: 6
Where do go from here? Joint/direct rule more likely? Bring it on as I am done with the elephant in the room! Our schools, hospitals and services are deprived. I am fed up paying taxes, rates etc for petty shite. We deserve better and our wains deserve better!
We can go on much longer as we are something/one will have to give !

Reactions: 4
Border poll 2030 possibly and if it doesn't get a yes there'll be one every 7 years until it does.
Political unionism is bucked.

Maybe these results will shock the DUP back to Stormont 🙄 they couldn’t risk a poll as it stands.

Border poll 2030 possibly and if it doesn't get a yes there'll be one every 7 years until it does.
Political unionism is bucked.
In 2017 in Luxembourg I had lunch with a colleague in Newry and our French boss and I (ignorant southerner) said that. I had resigned and left for Ireland by then. Sidenote I had taken leave prior to this lunch and our boss kept asking her for an interpretation. French people don't understand the Cork accent

Reactions: 2
In 2017 in Luxembourg I had lunch with a colleague in Newry and our French boss and I (ignorant southerner) said that. I had resigned and left for Ireland by then. Sidenote I had taken leave prior to this lunch and our boss kept asking her for an interpretation. French people don't understand the Cork accent
What way do you think the South would vote? My family living there tend to think a lot wouldn't support it but they're 70s.

Reactions: 1
What way do you think the South would vote? My family living there tend to think a lot wouldn't support it but they're 70s.
Personally and for selfish reasons I'd be a 'no'. Reason being why introduce more deaths in an already messy situation. But I've been back on the island 6 years so in a nutshell I wouldn't know.

Maybe these results will shock the DUP back to Stormont 🙄 they couldn’t risk a poll as it stands.
There would be years of prep work for a poll. Years. I think the current strategy is to weaken and expose unionists.
---
Personally and for selfish reasons I'd be a 'no'. Reason being why introduce more deaths in an already messy situation. But I've been back on the island 6 years so in a nutshell I wouldn't know.
I'm the same and honestly when I think about it that's not a reason to vote no. That's terrorism.

Watch now, the stoops will start to zone in on unity. They’ll have to, that’s what’s working for the shinners. And the more about this place that doesn’t work is feeding the idea that we need out. I see Alliance have taken a seat in Limavady for the first time ever.
---
Happy Saturday Binlid 🍻

• Haha
There would be years of prep work for a poll. Years. I think the current strategy is to weaken and expose unionists.
---

I'm the same and honestly when I think about it that's not a reason to vote no. That's terrorism.
It would 100% be terrorism. Largely innocent lives too. That's why my inclination would be a 'no

Reactions: 1
I think we'll start hearing more and more about how unequal society is for unionists. Mainstream media pushing it rather than Jamie and co. It's a ploy.
---
It would 100% be terrorism. Largely innocent lives too. That's why my inclination would be a 'no
I'm worried too, that would be my reason for voting no too. They say NI was born from violence and will end the same way. Democracy should come before violence though.

If you look at what’s happening in the south with the immigration situation there’s a lot of nationalism growing, I think it would be a hard call on the UI front.
---

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm from the Republic and i'd have to really think about what way i would vote in a unity referendum.

My head says no (mainly from a financial point of view but I think there would need to be a plan that the UK would continue to part subsidise NI for a number of years). I think there would need to be so much work and debate done in advance on areas such as the public sector, NHS/healthcare, Education, policing etc. Even from a political point of view can you imagine the DUP sitting in the Dàil.

But my heart says Yes. But it is very easy for me to say as I am based as far away from the border as you can get. If I lived in a border county and had memories of the troubles my response might be different.

If unity were to happen I understand that we (the Republic) can't just asbsorb NI without making some concessions or changes but my vote would very much depend on what these are. The flag and our anthem I believe absolutely shouldnt change but I dont believe Irish should be a compulsory subject in NI if someone didnt want to learn it.

However, a friend of mine believes that NI should just follow everything we do in the event of unity so there are people out there that are a bit more gung ho.

I think the debate in the years running up to a referendum would be very interesting. Even the timing off it would be interesting. Who votes first? I assume NI. But imagine if the Republic then voted no.

We in the Republic love a good referendum...same sex marriage and abortion are the two biggest ones obviously in the last few years and both were pretty overwhelming majorities. NI seems slower to introduce change I believe same sex marriage was only introduced in 2020 and Westminster had to intervene to ensure abortion services were made available recently. I know we have written in to our constitution that any change needs to be voted for by way of referendum which correct me if I am wrong but NI doesnt have this so thr likes of the DUP were able to veto the same sex marriage bill. I wonder if NI had a chance to vote on these issues how they woukd have voted.

I'm from the Republic and i'd have to really think about what way i would vote in a unity referendum.

My head says no (mainly from a financial point of view but I think there would need to be a plan that the UK would continue to part subsidise NI for a number of years). I think there would need to be so much work and debate done in advance on areas such as the public sector, NHS/healthcare, Education, policing etc. Even from a political point of view can you imagine the DUP sitting in the Dàil.

But my heart says Yes. But it is very easy for me to say as I am based as far away from the border as you can get. If I lived in a border county and had memories of the troubles my response might be different.

If unity were to happen I understand that we (the Republic) can't just asbsorb NI without making some concessions or changes but my vote would very much depend on what these are. The flag and our anthem I believe absolutely shouldnt change but I dont believe Irish should be a compulsory subject in NI if someone didnt want to learn it.

However, a friend of mine believes that NI should just follow everything we do in the event of unity so there are people out there that are a bit more gung ho.

I think the debate in the years running up to a referendum would be very interesting. Even the timing off it would be interesting. Who votes first? I assume NI. But imagine if the Republic then voted no.

We in the Republic love a good referendum...same sex marriage and abortion are the two biggest ones obviously in the last few years and both were pretty overwhelming majorities. NI seems slower to introduce change I believe same sex marriage was only introduced in 2020 and Westminster had to intervene to ensure abortion services were made available recently. I know we have written in to our constitution that any change needs to be voted for by way of referendum which correct me if I am wrong but NI doesnt have this so thr likes of the DUP were able to veto the same sex marriage bill. I wonder if NI had a chance to vote on these issues how they woukd have voted.
That’s down to the Unionist’s holding back I think you’ll find nationalists are very supportive of these issues, the reason the north can’t progress on the work front is down to the British Gov unable to attract investment through Brexit, they’re a noose…The Irish governments open door policy is putting more at risk of terrorism than anything the provisionals ever carried out.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Mary from Nottingham was right, the brits don’t want us and republic don’t either 😭😂 I don’t like feeling unloved 😢💔
---
Schofield’s gone 😳🤯

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.