Norris Nuts #5 Guinea pigs for views, puppy dying from abuse, what else will they do?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i have wriiten about this before.i dont think sockie is on the spectrum.
she has some traits that are common on the spectrum, but many people that do not have ASD have them.
the real reason -i think- for thinking sockie is on the spectrum is the the happy hands tic. again -many people have this tic or similar tics without being on the spectrum.

sockie is also very good at some things that many on the spectrum struggle with-language , communication, understanding how other people feel, social skills , humor and irony and etc.
you dont really need to assume she has ASD to understand her. there is no reason to be sure she has ASD.
but i have to admit i am less sure now because so many members on the forum that know about the subject disagree with me.
it is possible she has ASD or that she is a borderline case(!).
i just want to point out that we cant be sure about this.
we've also said that a lot of those traits aren't necessary for autism. she is a girl, and girls are statistically better at masking.

I just watched the Dhar Mann vid, and honestly, i got a bit emotional. These kids may not always be the best, but they certainly have big hearts.

Reactions: 8
she has some traits that are common on the spectrum, but many people that do not have ASD have them.
the real reason -i think- for thinking sockie is on the spectrum is the the happy hands tic. again -many people have this tic or similar tics without being on the spectrum.

sockie is also very good at some things that many on the spectrum struggle with-language , communication, understanding how other people feel, social skills , humor and irony and etc.
you dont really need to assume she has ASD to understand her. there is no reason to be sure she has ASD.
but i have to admit i am less sure now because so many members on the forum that know about the subject disagree with me.
To be honest in girls like this it can be very hard to see the subtle things unless you are experienced. I never for a second thought my daughter was on the spectrum and in fact even her teacher was shocked, but when an expert pointed out all of the little things that added up to her diagnosis I was blown away. It’s especially difficult in girls as they mask things so well and behave in a way in which they think society expects them to. They can also commonly mirror the behaviours of those around them to fit in, my daughter does this with her friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Sockie is pretty typical of girls with ASD. They generally struggle far less with communication and social skills, and are far more able to 'blend in' with their neurotypical peers. It's not the tics that make me think she's on the spectrum, it's her tactile sensitivities, the unique special interests, the lack of interest in things that most other teenage girls are interested in and the excitability. This might not be a very popular thing to say but once you've been around enough girls with ASD, you do learn what to look out for and Sockie really does tick most of the boxes. It's highly possible that she hasn't even been diagnosed. Most females only get diagnosed after they develop mental health conditions - generally as a result of the stress of masking their ASD in order to fit in - but hopefully Sockie will be immune from this due to her family set-up.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I would add that autism in general tends to be over-diagnosed, it is possible for someone to just be raised very isolated and be socially awkward but also not be "on the spectrum". I do think Sockie stims when excited, which is an obvious sign of aspersers. She also frequently talks over others and misses social cues, which is another sign. Although, I don't think simply not having an interest in things other "typical" teenage girls like is one of the signs she has autism. When I was her age I wasn't so interested in makeup/boys/social media like a lot of teenage girls were, and I don't have autism. So just because she doesn't necessarily fit in with social norms is not an obvious sign of autism!! I do think Sockie is very very young for her age and hasn't had really any experience being near girls her own age, though. It probably helps having been homeschooled all her life, like I said so she doesn't need to mask her 'happy arms' as much. Her family accepts her for who she is.

Also, am I the only one that sees some signs of aspergers in Disco as well? His speech is still quite behind for a 3 year old and it seems like he struggles to express himself or babbles random things and sometimes has that flat affect. I guess the norris nuts understand him better living with him. It's hard to tell because it could just be that he doesn't get to play with other toddlers, isn't yet in nursery, still gets treated more like a baby. Could also just issues with his hearing (which didn't they take him to see a doctor for?) . So it's probably too early to tell.

Reactions: 7
I would add that autism in general tends to be over-diagnosed, it is possible for someone to just be raised very isolated and be socially awkward but also not be "on the spectrum". I do think Sockie stims when excited, which is an obvious sign of aspersers. She also frequently talks over others and misses social cues, which is another sign. Although, I don't think simply not having an interest in things other "typical" teenage girls like is one of the signs she has autism. When I was her age I wasn't so interested in makeup/boys/social media like a lot of teenage girls were, and I don't have autism. So just because she doesn't necessarily fit in with social norms is not an obvious sign of autism!! I do think Sockie is very very young for her age and hasn't had really any experience being near girls her own age, though. It probably helps having been homeschooled all her life, like I said so she doesn't need to mask her 'happy arms' as much. Her family accepts her for who she is.

Also, am I the only one that sees some signs of aspergers in Disco as well? His speech is still quite behind for a 3 year old and it seems like he struggles to express himself or babbles random things and sometimes has that flat affect. I guess the norris nuts understand him better living with him. It's hard to tell because it could just be that he doesn't get to play with other toddlers, isn't yet in nursery, still gets treated more like a baby. Could also just issues with his hearing (which didn't they take him to see a doctor for?) . So it's probably too early to tell.
discos speech has auctually greatly improved lately and seems to be improving.until recently he was quite behind for his age.i dont know if has closed the gap-but he is greatly improved and is improving.
i agree with regard to sockie. sockie is different and very young for her age.one of the reasons for this may be her social isolation.
and not fitting in with social norms doesnt mean she is on the spectrum!
i dont think she is socially awkward or misses social cues .to me she seems to have normal social skills (compared to her siblings) although she is very loud.
also-she isnt very interested in makeup/social media /clothes and other things most girls her age are interested in.
but she does seem to be interested in boys.

Last edited:
discos speech has auctually greatly improved lately and seems to be improving.until recently he was quite behind for his age.i dont know if has closed the gap-but he is greatly improved and is improving.
i agree with regard to sockie. sockie is different and very young for her age.one of the reasons for this may be her social isolation.
and not fitting in with social norms doesnt mean she is on the spectrum!
i dont think she is socially awkward or misses social cues .to me she seems to have normal social skills (compared to her siblings) although she is very loud.
also-she isnt very interested in makeup/social media /clothes and other things most girls her age are interested in.
but she does seem to be interested in boys.
That's good. Maybe I just have not watched him for a while. I'm glad he's improving lately.
Yeah, they are very socially isolated and Sockie may have unique interests and I agree it is definitely not a sign she has autism! To me she just appears to have some signs, but no one in the family has actually said she's diagnosed (and I don't think she has been). And to be fair I do think the other kids can be loud/overly excited as well. She is probably low functioning.
I think of all the kids, Naz seems most mature (relatively speaking) for her age. The other kids often speak over her though. Maybe the excuse that she's "at a friends" is her not wanting to be in the videos as much.

Reactions: 5
That's good. Maybe I just have not watched him for a while. I'm glad he's improving lately.
Yeah, they are very socially isolated and Sockie may have unique interests and I agree it is definitely not a sign she has autism! To me she just appears to have some signs, but no one in the family has actually said she's diagnosed (and I don't think she has been). And to be fair I do think the other kids can be loud/overly excited as well. She is probably low functioning.
I think of all the kids, Naz seems most mature (relatively speaking) for her age. The other kids often speak over her though. Maybe the excuse that she's "at a friends" is her not wanting to be in the videos as much.
I think you might mean high functioning. If you are still talking about autism that is. Low functioning is used in relation to the more severe end of the scale and people who are unlikely to live independently etc. high functioning is what I would say Sockie is if she is on the spectrum it used to be called Aspergers but they have done away with thise labels now.

I really hope they send disco to at least his first year(s) of school. He has started to develop in his speech but i still don’t think he’s at the level most 3 year olds are. I’m pretty sure the NN went to a school or kinder as they say a few stories from when they were younger. If they want to homeschool disco so bad, i hope they at least take him to little out of school activities with people his age, even if his speech becomes fine if he has no social interactions then he will really struggle as an adult. growing up completely isolated.

Reactions: 9
I really hope they send disco to at least his first year(s) of school. He has started to develop in his speech but i still don’t think he’s at the level most 3 year olds are. I’m pretty sure the NN went to a school or kinder as they say a few stories from when they were younger. If they want to homeschool disco so bad, i hope they at least take him to little out of school activities with people his age, even if his speech becomes fine if he has no social interactions then he will really struggle as an adult. growing up completely isolated.
I'm almost certain Disco has some form of special needs. He was slow to learn everything & is still very far behind. He is spoken to a lot by his siblings so for his speech to be as delayed as it is isn't normal. He had near to no reaction to Biggy in the bear. Next to Charm who is younger and is showing regular emotions/behaviour development, Disco is definitely struggling in areas. I just hope they've had him checked out. Home schooling won't help him at all. On another note, Charm is beyond cute.

I'm almost certain Disco has some form of special needs. He was slow to learn everything & is still very far behind. He is spoken to a lot by his siblings so for his speech to be as delayed as it is isn't normal. He had near to no reaction to Biggy in the bear. Next to Charm who is younger and is showing regular emotions/behaviour development, Disco is definitely struggling in areas. I just hope they've had him checked out. Home schooling won't help him at all. On another note, Charm is beyond cute.
ohmygod yes shes so adorable i honestly love all the videos they post of her on ig.

Reactions: 2
I ahr
I agree, charm is progressing much quicker than disco did. Obviously all children are different but disco does seem a little behind. Maybe they haven’t noticed because he’s never around other kids his age.

Also, I know this is a blurry screenshot but I haven’t watched a video in quite a while and omg naz looks so grown up!! Her face has really matured and I think she’s put a little weight on so looks less skeletal. I thought she was sabre for a second.

Attachments

Reactions: 4

Autism is definitely not over diagnosed in females. All the literature actually says the complete opposite.

Having unique special interests is part of the diagnostic criteria for autism.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
unrelated, but which of the nn's features do you visibly see from Justin/brooke. I thought this was interesting.

for example, i see sabre looking just like Justin, but more of Brooke's hair color. or
sockie with more of Brooke's facial features and layout, but Justin's hair color.
what do y'all think?

• Heart
Autism is definitely not over diagnosed in females. All the literature actually says the complete opposite.

what are the unique special intrests sockie has that convinced you she is on the spectrum?

Reactions: 1

That could be, it may not be in females but it is in males.
No, having special interests doesn't make someone autistic lol. A little eccentric maybe, but autism is complex developmental disability. People with autism DO tend to fixate on a single interest/subject and that is almost all they talk about. This is incredibly common with children with aspergers.

Reactions: 2
unrelated, but which of the nn's features do you visibly see from Justin/brooke. I thought this was interesting.

for example, i see sabre looking just like Justin, but more of Brooke's hair color. or
sockie with more of Brooke's facial features and layout, but Justin's hair color.
what do y'all think?
I think all of the NN look very similar, they all look like a mixture of there parents.

I think Sabre, Biggy and Disco look just like Justin.

Where as Sockie and Naz look just like Brooke although Sockie has Justins hair colour.

I am not sure about Charm yet, I think she looks like a mix between Sabre and Naz. She has curly hair now but that might just be baby curls, they might go as she gets older.

Reactions: 3
That could be, it may not be in females but it is in males.
No, having special interests doesn't make someone autistic lol. A little eccentric maybe, but autism is complex developmental disability. People with autism DO tend to fixate on a single interest/subject and that is almost all they talk about. This is incredibly common with children with aspergers.
Why bring males into this when we are talking about females. Its not overdiagnosed in males, but they get diagnosed much more easily than girls. And we have said that Aspergers is no longer a diagnosis. Now, there are levels, due to the negative history of Hans Aspergers.

Reactions: 4

what do y'all think?
I think Biggy & Sabre look like Justin, Naz looks like Brooke, and I don't think Sockie necessarily looks like either lol

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.