Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So because I don’t agree I must keep quiet. Says it all really. Please read what I wrote above, i think a healthy debate is good, key to an evolving and changing society.

I am a woman too and I am allowed an opinion on this, it is not in bad taste at all.
I don’t think you should keep quiet but only if I can reserve the right to say you’re stance is odd/ curious. That’s life huh.

Somebody else said earlier in the thread but this really boils down to being a criminal or a creep.

We've had a similiar situation in Scotland where former First Minister Alex Salmond was accused of impropriety. He was found not guilty/not proven on all charges. But there's no point in kidding, he's a creep and prone to being too handsy.

I haven't read all of the allegations against Noel Clarke but it seems that the women making the statements don't want to involve the police - why would they given the low rate of criminal convictions.

But that leaves Noel Clarke in a difficult position. No convictions but his career is in the toilet.

Constrast this with Boy George - convicted of false imprisonment and he gets a gig on Prime time Saturday night BBC TV.

Or Ant McPartlan. I'm not suggesting that drunk driving is the same as sexual assault. But you have to wonder how many times he'd been drunk behind the wheel before he crashed.

All of Noel Clarke's problems are of his own making.

But it's funny how some people get accepted back and some people never are.
Some people are accepted back because they are more bankable. The public at large are mostly very forgiving (apart from anything overtly involving multiple victims/death) as they see their own flaws and weaknesses reflected in these ‘stars’ - they are not infallible. It always helps if people appear more relatable and that their audience could legitimately replicate their successes. Sobs stories are still huge for some reason...I know someone who uses them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
A thirds party report could be me though, phoning the police and saying I want to report the sexual
Assault I’ve just read about. It could be the guardian themselves. But without the women nothing will happen

Wonder with the news of Noel and resurfacing of John B's behaviour, what Russell T Davies has to say about this given how much in charge he was on the show. He'll have to say something about this at some point.

Reactions: 11
Wonder with the news of Noel and resurfacing of John B's behaviour, what Russell T Davies has to say about this given how much in charge he was on the show. He'll have to say something about this at some point.
yes it doesn’t look great does it. Used to love RTD and I’m not throwing accusations but it does make you wonder how safe the work environment was when you’ve got behaviour like this going on. They clearly all accepted his behaviour was “normal”

Reactions: 8
I think if Russell says something that will help. Noel was only on for two series and Jack not even a full series, but then there is Torchwood.
I dunno, its hard right now. He is a lot more quiet on his instagram since this came out which makes things a bit more suspicious.

Reactions: 5
I think if Russell says something that will help. Noel was only on for two series and Jack not even a full series, but then there is Torchwood.
I dunno, its hard right now. He is a lot more quiet on his instagram since this came out which makes things a bit more suspicious.
JB is still trending on Twitter I imagine he’s drawing up some bullshit statement to release soon

interesting reading into Christopher Ecclestones departure too. Would love to hear more from him as it was always reported he was the problem when it was clearly the environment

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
JB is still trending on Twitter I imagine he’s drawing up some bullshit statement to release soon

interesting reading into Christopher Ecclestones departure too. Would love to hear more from him as it was always reported he was the problem when it was clearly the environment
Thanks for posting this

Reactions: 2
And as I predicted sky have just given the news that

"
Police have said they have received a third party report relating to claims of sexual offences committed by a male, after allegations were made against the actor Noel Clarke.

In a statement, the Met Police said: "On Wednesday 21 April police received a third party report relating to allegations of sexual offences committed by a male over a period of time. Officers are currently assessing the information"

This will of course be part of the guardians hard work and the women who have come forward. The guardian and accusers of NC together with their lawyers will have worked out a timeline culminating in giving a report to the police.

It blows my mind that anyone could be comfortable protecting this man

Reactions: 13

From what i have seen on the Doctor Who forums, Christopher Eccleston became angry at the behaviour of one of the episode directors, and the way he treated extras, technical crew, etc. CE complained to the Showrunner, Executive Producer, and the Producer. The Producer (Phil Collinson) allegedly told him to get on with it ( they were running far behind schedule), and this made him decide to go.

Phil Collinson went on to become Producer of Coronation Street, and there are rumours of disquiet there too.

CE has worked with other directors with which he worked on that Doctor Who series, but not that one.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
From what i have seen on the Doctor Who forums, Christopher Eccleston became angry at the behaviour of one of the episode directors, and the way he treated extras, technical crew, etc. CE complained to the Showrunner, Executive Producer, and the Producer. The Producer (Phil Collinson) allegedly told him to get on with it ( they were running far behind schedule), and this made him decide to go.

CE has worked with other directors with which he worked on that Doctor Who series, but not that one.
interesting thank you. Was always gutted he left he’s by far my favourite doctor of the new incarnations

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Phil Collinson went on to become Producer of Coronation Street, and there are rumours of disquiet there too.

The Corrie set had been full of cliques for years.

Reactions: 4
For those suggesting that his behaviour should not have been exposed in the media until he had faced a criminal trial, it’s worth noting that a) a number of the acts of which he stands accused would not amount to a criminal offence but are no less grim for that fact, and b) sexual offences are often not prosecuted due to the need to prove beyond reasonable doubt in circumstances where there are often only 2 witnesses and limited physical evidence. The fact that 20 women are prepared to make these allegations, some corroborating each other’s stories, mean that he’s either the victim of a massive conspiracy for no obvious reason at all 🤔 or a total tit who deserves to be cancelled.
I think it's also worth mentioning that women don't go to the police for fear of not being taken seriously. It seems to be more common this is brought to light by proper investigative journalists, and l am grateful to them. Even better they are female journalists supporting their sisters.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
the thing I’ve seen is him liking TracyAnn Oberman statement about it on Instagram.
DCBBACC2-725A-44B5-B8E1-EBB7C7904969.jpeg

Reactions: 6
I don’t believe anyone’s guilt should be assumed without solid proof you are correct.

I wondered why the police weren’t involved because the allegations are so serious it seems to be that it should warrant the police.

I think the women are very brave and correct for speaking out but I don’t think ‘trial by media’ is the right way to go about it. Whilst it seems very much like this guy has done some awful awful things, what if it’s not true, or part of it’s not true? I don’t think that it should just be assumed every single detail is true based on what people have said. So, my opinion is just that it should be fully and formally investigated.

I really think people on here seem to think I’m sticking up for him and not the women, it’s not that, I’ve said several times I think the guy seems like an worse... I just think before someone is crucified by the media and public, it should be absolutely solidly proven to be true and surely anyone here would want that wouldn’t they if allegations were publicly made about them?
You're failing to understand just how difficult it is to "absolutely solidly prove it to be true" 😭 You're showing yourself as someone who has no understanding of how difficult it is to get a conviction on these cases, how much the system already favours the predator, notice how your putting the victims on trial instead of the criminal, the current system was written by men, for men and until that changes this is the only was to expose these predators and protect other women from them. Stop contributing to rape culture. If the best way to get protection was to go to the police, women would do that, you don't know that they haven't, maybe they have and were told there was insufficient evidence. If you're teaching your son about consent you really don't need to be worrying about him being falsely accused because of the way the world is headed.....however the risk to your daughter is very real because of how the way the world currently is, that is a legitimate worry. Your son has a higher chance of being struck by lightning.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
The whole industry (theatre, T.V, film) needs looking at. Essentially everyone is freelance so writers and actors and crew accept behaviours from directors and producers that are unacceptable and they don’t say anything because it’s all about getting the job and then the next job and you never know when or if that’s coming so the power balance is weighted and easily (more often than not) abused. Some of them can be really dreadful. There was apparently a list of people to avoid fly posted outside some west end theatre’s a while back.

Reactions: 15
All of you who have commented, playing devils advocate and saying trial by twitter, innocent until proven guilty, victim blaming, blah blah blah.

YOU are part of the problem
YOU are why victims of sexual abuse do not come forward
YOU are why perpetrators of sexual violence continue to commit crimes and hold positions of power whilst doing so

• Heart
Reactions: 45
For the people in the back....
As a woman who was in an abusive relationship for 2 years I totally get this. I haven’t actually told anyone because I feel this. I feel like everyone needs me to prove it wasn’t my fault all while they pick it apart like they don’t believe me, like it was my fault.

It is so hard to explain how you feel as a victim to someone who isn’t.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33