Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What these women are saying is very serious.

Again Roxanne Pallet what if there were no cameras there? She would have been believed, but she wasn’t telling the truth. And I know that’s just one example but it can happen!

Which is why I’m saying, it needs a full investigation before it can be decided it’s all the absolute truth.

If I was making an allegation I’d want to prove it in any way I could.
Do you think the Guardian (a historically liberal paper) would stake their reputation and publish a story about a black man in such a climate of racial injustice if they believed they didn’t have solid proof?? If it was a white heterosexual male they might take a risk...but with NC a celebrated black actor and producer highly unlikely.

I suspect NC thought he was beyond reproach. NO ONE should be under that illusion.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Gutted about Noel Clarke always liked him... however footballers have been openly doing tit like this and worse for years, Wayne Rooney has sex with prostitutes yet was allowed to be paid millions for playing football still? They’re all disgusting scum bags yet are praised on the pitch. And nobody says a thing. If they outed every dick head like this in the public eye we’d be here forever so this does feel slightly like a witch hunt whilst all the other scum bags still get paid and glorified. David beckham?! The list is endless!!! I’m not saying what he did was right, but he looks talks and acts a certain way for people to say “I never trusted him” when in fact much much bigger predators are probably publicly well spoken white and middle class.
Surely there’s a world of difference between a man having consensual sex with another woman behind his wife’s back and 20+ women accusing one man of sexual assault amongst other things!

Reactions: 27
What these women are saying is very serious.

Again Roxanne Pallet what if there were no cameras there? She would have been believed, but she wasn’t telling the truth. And I know that’s just one example but it can happen!

Which is why I’m saying, it needs a full investigation before it can be decided it’s all the absolute truth.

If I was making an allegation I’d want to prove it in any way I could.
Roxanne Pallet has nothing to do with Noel Clarke and neither does that incident.

It's one thing to say "these allegations are serious but it's important that they're investigated fully", and another to be constantly on this thread repeating the same thing. It's in bad taste imo.

People are rightly very upset by this because it's so similar to our experiences of sexual harassment within the workplace. Being constantly groped in the lift by that one male colleague, and knowing full well that it happened, but nothing is ever done because "there's no evidence, and he's a nice guy, so...". These people get away with it because it's done on the sly, away from other people and cameras. And this is absolutely rife within the film and TV industry.

These women have all spoken to the Guardian and will have shown the evidence they have. Please respect that it'll have been extremely hard for them to do this and being chased down for "evidence" is counterproductive. We'll likely see more women or witnesses come forward in the coming days. Noel Clarke's statement yesterday said it all really.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Roxanne Pallet has nothing to do with Noel Clarke and neither does that incident.

It's one thing to say "these allegations are serious but it's important that they're investigated fully", and another to be constantly on this thread repeating the same thing. It's in bad taste imo.

People are rightly very upset by this because it's so similar to our experiences of sexual harassment within the workplace. Being constantly groped in the lift by that one male colleague, and knowing full well that it happened, but nothing is ever done because "there's no evidence, and he's a nice guy, so...". These people get away with it because it's done on the sly, away from other people and cameras. And this is absolutely rife within the film and TV industry.

These women have all spoken to the Guardian and will have shown the evidence they have. Please respect that it'll have been extremely hard for them to do this and being chased down for "evidence" is counterproductive. We'll likely see more women or witnesses come forward in the coming days. Noel Clarke's statement yesterday said it all really.
I get the impression there is always a group willing to vaguely counter or cast doubt on these kind of situations because there is a belief that they are occupying the moral high whilst others appear to be inflamed and overly sensitive. However in the face of some fairly compelling anecdotal evidence it might look curious/suspicious to take this approach. I find it a little odd but ho hum, each to their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
This morning I thought of two things:

1) I buy a lot of audio Doctor Who adventures, where past Doctors (Tom Baker, Peter Davison, David Tennant, etc) do new stories with full cast I wondered why NC hadn't done any when all the other living important actors from 10th Doctor era had returned (Billie, David T, John Barrowman, Camille, Catherine Tate, Freema, etc.). They could have done at least a couple of spin-offs with him. Could the audio company (Big Finish) have known something?

2) Apparently one of the actresses who has complained about his behaviour, etc. was Jaime Winstone, and I wouldn't want to be NC when her dad Ray Winstone catches up with him.

Reactions: 11
If there were accusations of r*pe or assault then there would be a burden of proof on the accusers because that’s a criminal allegation but you can bully, intimidate and be sexually inappropriate towards others without doing anything technically illegal. Unfortunately, being a creep doesn’t necessarily equate to criminality. If these actresses were to go to the police there would be very little they could do and it certainly wouldn’t go to court. They also have little to no protection working in the entertainment industry as they’re most likely self employed and don’t have an HR department to report to or the resources to take it to an employment tribunal. NC was protected and they were powerless. Speaking about their experiences publicly is really the only way they could be heard. The article was clearly very thoroughly researched and not sensationalist and the fact that NC is not suing the guardian for libel tells you everything you need to know. When he denies sexual misconduct he just means he’s not done anything he could be prosecuted for. Just because something isn’t ilegal doesn’t mean it’s not morally repugnant and he should absolutely be exposed. He’s vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I have said before, one or 2 women, okay, you can perhaps say there has been a misunderstanding. But 20 women en masse, 20 women who got confused by his actions/intentions? It is not as if one or two came forward and then the publicity made another 18 come forward. It was 20 women making accusations from the get go. And now his former colleagues are stepping forward in support of the women. Of course the Guardian had to air this story. I have no sympathy for him. Something shady has been happening over a long period of time, a creepy guy who got bolder and more entitled as his career, and standing and power in the industry increased. He thought he was untouchable.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
So because I don’t agree I must keep quiet. Says it all really. Please read what I wrote above, i think a healthy debate is good, key to an evolving and changing society.

I am a woman too and I am allowed an opinion on this, it is not in bad taste at all.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
The women have given all the ‘proof’ they have. Where there has been actual evidence like messages and pictures that were sent they have shown them. They also have other people who were witnesses to the abuse that have corroborated their story.

Reactions: 15
Somebody else said earlier in the thread but this really boils down to being a criminal or a creep.

We've had a similiar situation in Scotland where former First Minister Alex Salmond was accused of impropriety. He was found not guilty/not proven on all charges. But there's no point in kidding, he's a creep and prone to being too handsy.

I haven't read all of the allegations against Noel Clarke but it seems that the women making the statements don't want to involve the police - why would they given the low rate of criminal convictions.

But that leaves Noel Clarke in a difficult position. No convictions but his career is in the toilet.

Constrast this with Boy George - convicted of false imprisonment and he gets a gig on Prime time Saturday night BBC TV.

Or Ant McPartlan. I'm not suggesting that drunk driving is the same as sexual assault. But you have to wonder how many times he'd been drunk behind the wheel before he crashed.

All of Noel Clarke's problems are of his own making.

But it's funny how some people get accepted back and some people never are.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Somebody else said earlier in the thread but this really boils down to being a criminal or a creep.

We've had a similiar situation in Scotland where former First Minister Alex Salmond was accused of impropriety. He was found not guilty/not proven on all charges. But there's no point in kidding, he's a creep and prone to being too handsy.

I haven't read all of the allegations against Noel Clarke but it seems that the women making the statements don't want to involve the police - why would they given the low rate of criminal convictions.

But that leaves Noel Clarke in a difficult position. No convictions but his career is in the toilet.

Constrast this with Boy George - convicted of false imprisonment and he gets a gig on Prime time Saturday night BBC TV.

Or Ant McPartlan. I'm not suggesting that drunk driving is the same as sexual assault. But you have to wonder how many times he'd been drunk behind the wheel before he crashed.

I feel the police will probably contact some of the women themselves to see if they want to involve the police - through a statment by them saying they not investigating him would be used to try and rebuild his reputation and then the likes of Laurence Fox will be campaiging to make it illegal to publically acuse Something of misconduct without a conviction.

The front page of today’s Sun is how Clarke says sorry and writes About the cancellation in a way that appeals to it’s readers who think ITV are indulging in cancel culture.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
So because I don’t agree I must keep quiet. Says it all really. Please read what I wrote above, i think a healthy debate is good, key to an evolving and changing society.

I am a woman too and I am allowed an opinion on this, it is not in bad taste at all.
Yeah, I'm not really interested in "healthy debate" when it comes to someone who is, at best, a creep who took advantage of women he had a duty of care for and at worst, a sexual predator.

Reactions: 36
I’m disgusted that people are even attempting to defend him with all this whataboutery tripe. 20 people have made allegations ffs, do you think they all cobbled together to set him up? I can’t help but feel that those defending him are the kinds of people who either behave in the same way or would do given the chance.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I had a conversation with a wannabe actor about David Walliams and how I wouldn't be surprised if any serious allegations came out about him, at first he was shocked then he remembered an incident at a show when apparently DW took a 14 year old boy out of the audience and then pretended to hump him for laughs. Part of the problem is with shows like BGT where there is an element of humiliation played for laughs. Slightly different to this case but it shows how people can be unaware of things even when done in front of their faces
There are stories about David Walliams that have been discussed on this forum before.
He has his own thread. Apparently, he chats up underage girls to visit him backstage on BGT.
One apparently was the milliffandom girl.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

Do you think it leaves Noel in a difficult position? If I were him I think I would much rather lose my career than lose my career AND be in prison. If I were him I’d probably be quite happy that prosecution hasn’t been considered so far

Reactions: 2
I get the impression there is always a group willing to vaguely counter or cast doubt on these kind of situations because there is a belief that they are occupying the moral high whilst others appear to be inflamed and overly sensitive. However in the face of some fairly compelling anecdotal evidence it might look curious/suspicious to take this approach. I find it a little odd but ho hum, each to their own.
My thoughts exactly. I know some people do seem to relish taking an opposing stance. There just appears to be so much anecdotal evidence coming out. And the fact that the accounts have a similarity.

Reactions: 10
This story is in its infancy, there is no telling how this will pan out. He may get redemption. Probably won’t but early days. ITV were not going to let one of its cash cows go (McPartlin). It’s all about money.

• Heart
Reactions: 6