Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update

Disgraced actor Noel Clarke has quit his TV production company following accusations of sexual misconduct from more than 20 women.

• Noel Clarke stood down as director of Unstoppable Film and Television Limited
  • Actor is also no longer a person of 'significant control' in charge of the company
  • Bafta winner also quit his posts with another company called Crongton Knights
  • In April, Clarke apologised for his actions but denied the accusations against him
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...mpany-20-women-accused-sexual-misconduct.html

Reactions: 5
Isn’t he just quitting those roles to protect the company finances though? I really doubt it is because he feels contrite and doesn’t want to be in the public eye. 😡

He’s going to get away with his behaviour by the looks if it. 🤬🤯
In 6 months they’ll probably be a sob story from him how sorry he is, how he went into treatment for sex addiction, maybe add in a substance/drink issue for extra effect, then will spew remorse and say how he wants to make amends. He will talk about being more respectful to women, pay lip service to giving them better roles and respect, maybe even do a strong female led series/movie….then go right back to his crappy behaviour being far more careful to hide it.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Noel and Jason Maza were sacked. The quitting/stepping down is just PR speak.
They may have started the company but All three media's stake in it gives them overall control. The CEO will probably wind it up or give it another name as it's now tainted regardless of them getting the push. Mud sticks.

Noel and Jason Maza were sacked. The quitting/stepping down is just PR speak.
They may have started the company but All three media's stake in it gives them overall control. The CEO will probably wind it up or give it another name as it's now tainted regardless of them getting the push. Mud sticks.
Good. I’m glad. I hope it really bothers him.

• Heart
I’m baffled how he was allowed to leave the country for the US.

Jason Maza acts like he’s done nothing wrong - he is repulsive. He’ll be financially struggling soon

Reactions: 4

So everything is forgotten and he's on his way back. All that uproar and nothing from it. People going back to watching shows he films.
This isn’t right! What about the victims? He should never work in the industry again.

Reactions: 7
His "comeback" won't happen.No one will work with this guy, believe me.

Reactions: 11
He’s not in the country
He’s cancelled as far as being an actor and director
Under another name, he could be a screen writer if directors like his ideas

Reactions: 2
Jason Maza is being an active little twit on SM… promoting crypto now … what a life

• Sick
  • Angry
I can't see why anybody would hire him, tbh. He was a middle of the road B-lister at best, not Tom Cruise. There's no incentive for anyone to facilitate a comeback for him and there's a hundred other actors who could play the kind of parts he did.

Regarding people in the industry who 'knew' about what was going on, even they might not be in a position to do more than warn people off. If they weren't victims themselves all they have is hearsay, and they couldn't break the confidence of any victims who had confided in them but didn't want to go public.

I remember after the Harvey Weinstein allegations went big, an actress whose name I've unfortunately forgotten said she had been assaulted by Weinstein and told Seth Macfarlane about what happened. People were up in arms asking why he didn't do anything, but she came back and said he had wanted to make a stink but she asked him to keep it a secret and he respected her wishes. Without being able to name her, even someone as influential as him was pretty powerless. (I'm not blaming her for that, it's her choice whether or not to go public, I'm saying that even if higher up people 'know' what is going on unless they have proof there's sometimes not much they can do either.)

Reactions: 7
It isn’t so much about a bandwagon, it’s that you aren’t the only voice anymore.
I have experience of being hit repeatedly by an ex. I’ve never told anyone about him (I’ve told one person I was hit but they are a friend who lives far away and doesn’t know anyone in my circle here)

The reason I don’t tell people is because I’m ashamed but also scared. He’s mean and much more nasty than other people realise. I don’t think people have any idea what he is really like - he’s a bully with very few morals.
No way am I exposing myself or my kids to that. I’m not telling people what he is like. It took so much to get out of that life, I’m just staying quiet. Staying off his radar and keeping my head down.
And he isn’t even in my work life or can influence it. Unlike Noel and most of his accusers. I can cut this man out my life entirely. I don’t think they could.

However, if a lot of women started telling their stories and they were similar, then yes.
Of course I would speak up.
Of course I would tell people and show the photos I have of the bruises.

But until then I’m keeping quiet.

This isn’t about bandwagons. It’s safety in numbers.

I tried to tell someone once. I started saying he had hit me and she interrupted me and said
“I’m surprised you put up with that. I thought you were strong”
So I didn’t tell her anymore I changed the subject.
And I drove home crying thing how weak I was that I didn’t walk away immediately. That I went back.
It’s such a complicated dynamic and leaves such scars.
It is very hard to understand, I know. But the thing is, you don’t have to understand. You just have to not be a critical hole when your friend tells you about it.
You are amazing in ways you shouldn’t have to be reading that broke my heart

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh ffs

‘Clarke has kept a low profile in the last year — until it emerged that he was pitching a documentary about his so-called “cancellation.”’
Despicable. Doesn’t even deserve a platform. Being outed for being a vile predator is not just being ‘cancelled’.

• Heart
Reactions: 10