Noel Clarke

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone, I haven't had time to read the whole thread but I've been waiting for this type of thing to come out about Noel Clarke for over a decade. Someone I knew back in 2010 when she was 19 years old was having what she called an "online relationship" with Noel Clarke, who was about 35 and married with one child at the time, if I recall correctly. She said that she had received "hundreds" of messages from him over a period of months and that he'd stated that he "wanted to take her virginity". She was very invested in this relationship and I think saw it as quite a serious thing. It really messed her up mentally because he then blocked her on Twitter or something like that (It's hard to remember all the details as it was a long time ago) and threatened her via his lawyers because he was terrified she was going to tell everyone that had been happening. I seem to recall that they wanted her to sign something (an NDA?). Anyway, I was disgusted by him at the time and wondered how many others had had these type of experiences with him and whether it would ever come out...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Hi everyone, I haven't had time to read the whole thread but I've been waiting for this type of thing to come out about Noel Clarke for over a decade. Someone I knew back in 2010 when she was 19 years old was having what she called an "online relationship" with Noel Clarke, who was about 35 and married with one child at the time, if I recall correctly. She said that she had received "hundreds" of messages from him over a period of months and that he'd stated that he "wanted to take her virginity". She was very invested in this relationship and I think saw it as quite a serious thing. It really messed her up mentally because he then blocked her on Twitter or something like that (It's hard to remember all the details as it was a long time ago) and threatened her via his lawyers because he was terrified she was going to tell everyone that had been happening. I seem to recall that they wanted her to sign something (an NDA?). Anyway, I was disgusted by him at the time and wondered how many others had had these type of experiences with him and whether it would ever come out...
You don’t say if you still know her but I hope she’s now happy in her life and watching his fall from grace with well deserved satisfaction. What an absolute hole he is.

Reactions: 25
@Stopwillya Rebecca Ferguson was talking about Katie Wassail being attacked by somebody from the X Factor team. The story did not create that much attention.

Reactions: 5
Only the other day I seen a familiar UK face who graces the TV every week speak against trolling when he himself abuses women physically & mentally , his idiot fans praise him everyday of the week for being a good man!
Who might that be?

Reactions: 5
Surely if Ashley was that close to Noel he'd have seen/heard things?! Unless Noel was clever and only did things when he wasn't around Ashley.... Hmmm... Glad Ashley has spoken out though 👍
Christina Chong thanked Ashley for his statement so maybe from her experience working on BP she feels this stuff wasn’t done around him, so he wouldn’t have known. I find it a bit of a stretch that he knew nothing though.

Reactions: 6
Its a shame. A young black man coming up from that world and achieving status to let his ego and sense of power take over. Theres always been an air of arrogance and bully about him though. I fully believe all accusations.

Reactions: 19
It isn’t so much about a bandwagon, it’s that you aren’t the only voice anymore.
I have experience of being hit repeatedly by an ex. I’ve never told anyone about him (I’ve told one person I was hit but they are a friend who lives far away and doesn’t know anyone in my circle here)

The reason I don’t tell people is because I’m ashamed but also scared. He’s mean and much more nasty than other people realise. I don’t think people have any idea what he is really like - he’s a bully with very few morals.
No way am I exposing myself or my kids to that. I’m not telling people what he is like. It took so much to get out of that life, I’m just staying quiet. Staying off his radar and keeping my head down.
And he isn’t even in my work life or can influence it. Unlike Noel and most of his accusers. I can cut this man out my life entirely. I don’t think they could.

However, if a lot of women started telling their stories and they were similar, then yes.
Of course I would speak up.
Of course I would tell people and show the photos I have of the bruises.

But until then I’m keeping quiet.

This isn’t about bandwagons. It’s safety in numbers.

As a woman who was in an abusive relationship for 2 years I totally get this. I haven’t actually told anyone because I feel this. I feel like everyone needs me to prove it wasn’t my fault all while they pick it apart like they don’t believe me, like it was my fault.

It is so hard to explain how you feel as a victim to someone who isn’t.
I tried to tell someone once. I started saying he had hit me and she interrupted me and said
“I’m surprised you put up with that. I thought you were strong”
So I didn’t tell her anymore I changed the subject.
And I drove home crying thing how weak I was that I didn’t walk away immediately. That I went back.
It’s such a complicated dynamic and leaves such scars.
It is very hard to understand, I know. But the thing is, you don’t have to understand. You just have to not be a critical hole when your friend tells you about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
Its a shame. A young black man coming up from that world and achieving status to let his ego and sense of power take over. Theres always been an air of arrogance and bully about him though. I fully believe all accusations.
He is middle aged. You can bet this tit has been going on a long time.

Reactions: 15
I mean young, starting out. But absolutely, this isnt a new thing for him.
The question is whether what he saw when he was just a young actor meant he knew he could get away with it once he got a bit of power and influence.
A police complaint has allegedly been made by a drama school who invited him to speak to them about auditioning or something. he got the students to get naked without the schools permission, in order to 'break down their inhibitions' or something. they knew about it for 5 years, but didn't do anything about it. Now if people at that drama school see that this is the type of thig that happens and people in authority in the industry just say 'don't go near him' instead of doing something about it, is it any wonder they accept it as a price they have to pay for doing something they love for a living?

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
The question is whether what he saw when he was just a young actor meant he knew he could get away with it once he got a bit of power and influence.
A police complaint has allegedly been made by a drama school who invited him to speak to them about auditioning or something. he got the students to get naked without the schools permission, in order to 'break down their inhibitions' or something. they knew about it for 5 years, but didn't do anything about it. Now if people at that drama school see that this is the type of thig that happens and people in authority in the industry just say 'don't go near him' instead of doing something about it, is it any wonder they accept it as a price they have to pay for doing something they love for a living?
Would the police have investigated that had they reported it when it happened - as that would be pretty hard to prove in a legal sense that the intention of his acts was sexual rather then creative.

Ditto if they did speak up then they would have had to do it alone with no guarantee anyone Else would have come forward - its very hard coming forward when You suspect but are not certain others have been abused and might come forward. As one accusation is usually beaten back Unless the police and CPS mange to successfully prosecute.

Reactions: 4
This whole innocent until proven guilty thing is bullcrap. Has he been charged with anything? No, so currently he *is* innocent in the eyes of the law. That doesn't mean we all have to agree with it. Opinions are exactly what it says on the tin, they don't amount to anything other than bad press. ANYONE would get bad press if nearly 30 accounts of sexual misconduct came out about them and rightly so, do we really think there are nearly 30 women who have decided that it's worth having their names and credibility dragged through the mud to make false claims about someone who is relatively unheard of to most of the public?

If you were accused of something in a workplace, you would be suspended until the matter was sorted either way, this is no different, unfortunately for him he has just chosen a career where things like this are going to be released into the public domain.

Also in complete agreement about David W and John B - they've always given off massive creeper vibes to me. I stopped watching BGT as soon as David was added, he takes things too far and then some. Wouldn't be remotely surprised if he ends up in the centre of a scandal.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It isn’t so much about a bandwagon, it’s that you aren’t the only voice anymore.
I have experience of being hit repeatedly by an ex. I’ve never told anyone about him (I’ve told one person I was hit but they are a friend who lives far away and doesn’t know anyone in my circle here)

The reason I don’t tell people is because I’m ashamed but also scared. He’s mean and much more nasty than other people realise. I don’t think people have any idea what he is really like - he’s a bully with very few morals.
No way am I exposing myself or my kids to that. I’m not telling people what he is like. It took so much to get out of that life, I’m just staying quiet. Staying off his radar and keeping my head down.
And he isn’t even in my work life or can influence it. Unlike Noel and most of his accusers. I can cut this man out my life entirely. I don’t think they could.

However, if a lot of women started telling their stories and they were similar, then yes.
Of course I would speak up.
Of course I would tell people and show the photos I have of the bruises.

But until then I’m keeping quiet.

This isn’t about bandwagons. It’s safety in numbers.

I tried to tell someone once. I started saying he had hit me and she interrupted me and said
“I’m surprised you put up with that. I thought you were strong”
So I didn’t tell her anymore I changed the subject.
And I drove home crying thing how weak I was that I didn’t walk away immediately. That I went back.
It’s such a complicated dynamic and leaves such scars.
It is very hard to understand, I know. But the thing is, you don’t have to understand. You just have to not be a critical hole when your friend tells you about it.
No matter how much it feels like it, we are not alone. I’m surrounded by the same kind of people as your friend, it doesn’t feel like a ‘safe space’ to talk or just be, it’s judgemental or they’re uncomfortable with what you have to say. As if we’re not uncomfortable telling it!

I think that’s the start of the problem of feeling alone and like you can’t speak up, the ones around you don’t behave or act as if they believe you so you then assume why would a complete stranger? I mean the people you know are the ones who are supposed to know you.

I guess in a way it’s ‘easier’ for people to speak up and be believed when they’ve been abused all by the same person than it is for separate individuals.

Never easy but you know what I mean?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This whole innocent until proven guilty thing is bullcrap. Has he been charged with anything? No, so currently he *is* innocent in the eyes of the law. That doesn't mean we all have to agree with it. Opinions are exactly what it says on the tin, they don't amount to anything other than bad press. ANYONE would get bad press if nearly 30 accounts of sexual misconduct came out about them and rightly so, do we really think there are nearly 30 women who have decided that it's worth having their names and credibility dragged through the mud to make false claims about someone who is relatively unheard of to most of the public?

If you were accused of something in a workplace, you would be suspended until the matter was sorted either way, this is no different, unfortunately for him he has just chosen a career where things like this are going to be released into the public domain.

Also in complete agreement about David W and John B - they've always given off massive creeper vibes to me. I stopped watching BGT as soon as David was added, he takes things too far and then some. Wouldn't be remotely surprised if he ends up in the centre of a scandal.
In the eyes of the law he is innocent until
proven guilty. He’s not locked up, he’s not on trial even. If his employers choose to drop him because of these allegations they are allowed to, but he hasn’t responded like an innocent party. Innocent people do not issue apologies, and innocent people are not usually accused by over 20 different people.

Reactions: 11
I’m gutted, I really liked him as an actor, trying not to judge him before anything official comes out but it doesn’t look good does it

Reactions: 4
God, he's a vile creature.

And ah, the good old NDA beloved of industry abusers. Harvey Weinstein was a major fan of those.

I wonder if this woman has kept any evidence of all this (any DMs, lawyer's letters, texts, anything), because if so, it would be a reasonable time to dig it all up and throw it upon the ever-increasing pile.

Reactions: 8
We were talking about Noel last night and we think the shock is that he is a part of a younger generation that you would expect to act better.

Reactions: 13
Ashley Walters statement was very well judged. I hope he had no idea, and he does seem like a decent person. He has not done what a lot of men, even good ones which is side with a male they know being accused of inappropriate or worse behaviour because they think women over react and the man was ‘misunderstood’. I also feel for him, and all the others working on Bulletproof, and NC’s other projects. Some of them will get shut down for good so they are all going to lose a paying job-I know that Ashley does get a lot of work, but a jobs a job and people plan whole lives round production.

Reactions: 3
Hiding in plain sight like most.Clarke cooked his goose with his virtue signalling speech at the BAFTAS. How hard it must have been for his victims to listen to him up there. The usual rubbish from these abusers who hide behind charities and try to make themselves look good to hide the fact their awful people.Only the other day I seen a familiar UK face who graces the TV every week speak against trolling when he himself abuses women physically & mentally , his idiot fans praise him everyday of the week for being a good man! Like Clarke there are probably 100 hundred more & they are being protected until one brave soul comes forward.

Look at Armie Hammer & the tit he got up to aswell these people hiding in plain sight!

I take it Rebecca Ferguson was talking about Noel Clarke!
I think Rebecca Ferguson posted this a couple weeks ago and it was in reference to Katie Waissel's story, which imo was pretty much neutralised by the press - I wonder who her perpetrator was?

Zoe Alexander has been making youtube videos about abuse on the X-Factor and said that she was told by two victims that the media were about to print their stories too - they told journalists all the harrowing details and in the end the paper ditched their stories without explanation. So they evidently pick and choose who they are comfortable outing and who they aren't (I know this isn't a newsflash, as there are plenty of alleged abusers currently being protected to the ends of the earth in this industry).

Rather than a 'me too' movement in the UK, I think media / industry bosses intend to use the Noel Clarke exposé to make it look like they give a damn, but ultimately want to convey the impression it's 'one bad apple' and continue to protect all the other big famous (mostly) men that have been accused (too many to mention).

And ah, the good old NDA beloved of industry abusers. Harvey Weinstein was a major fan of those.
After the US Me Too movement, it was widely established that NDAs are illegal when they are being used to cover up literal crimes and thus not worth the paper they are written on. And yet that has not stopped UK abusers / enablers using them, or victims / newspapers abiding by them (victims I can understand, as they will literally be in fear for their lives and you can just imagine the types of threats and intimidation dished out to them).

Newspapers I believe are more in cahoots with those being accused (the powerful ones anyway) and use gagging orders as a way of getting out of covering these stories - 'oh well, our hands are tied on this'.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
No matter how much it feels like it, we are not alone. I’m surrounded by the same kind of people as your friend, it doesn’t feel like a ‘safe space’ to talk or just be, it’s judgemental or they’re uncomfortable with what you have to say. As if we’re not uncomfortable telling it!

I think that’s the start of the problem of feeling alone and like you can’t speak up, the ones around you don’t behave or act as if they believe you so you then assume why would a complete stranger? I mean the people you know are the ones who are supposed to know you.

I guess in a way it’s ‘easier’ for people to speak up and be believed when they’ve been abused all by the same person than it is for separate individuals.

Never easy but you know what I mean?
I know what you mean 💯.
I think it really leaves you in a very complex emotional state. It is hard to understand, i don’t understand how I got into that situation so easily. Hence being on a waiting list for therapy. I wouldn’t have before it happened to me. I never would have thought it could happen to me and I didn’t realise for ages what was going on.

I absolutely understand why when one, two, three people call someone out, others start. And the higher the number, the more likely you are to share your own experience I think. You are more likely to be believed and with higher numbers, there is a much greater chance you won’t be endangered by revealing your story. And less of the spotlight is focussed on each person.

I do understand why people question why they waited so long to reveal their story. It is very hard to understand unless it has happened to you.

Oh well. I hope the voices calling Noel out, get louder and he is convicted of a crime. And doesn’t manage to wriggle out of it with teary apologies, soul searching confessions and a stint in rehab for sex addiction and anger issues. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9