No spend month

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm coming to join in. Today I did buy a bundle on vinted but I know I can flip it. Does buying to sell count as essential spending or not?
i guess it’s eventually going to be income so is all good. That’s what I’d go with anyway!

Reactions: 3
Does anyone know how I can cancel my audible subscription? I've looked in subscriptions in the play store and in my Google account, and on the audible app. Doesn't seem to be an option!

Morning all. Didn’t manage my nsd yesterday because I was a massive idiot and got a deliveroo delivered to work 🤦🏻‍♀️ Come on Marf, you’re better than this! I hope everyone is doing well today 😊

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know how I can cancel my audible subscription? I've looked in subscriptions in the play store and in my Google account, and on the audible app. Doesn't seem to be an option!
It’s a mare to cancel, I cancelled ages ago but if I remember rightly you have to go onto the actual website. I had to google it in the end because they don’t make it easy 🙄

Reactions: 2
Just to warn you they will bombard you with loads of offers (that I always fell for!) before you try and cancel

I’ll aim for no spend next month. Few things I’d like to get in January and March I’m abroad.

Let my know how others get on 😊 Especially if you have any tips

Dave Ramsey isn't for everyone but I thought this was interesting to share:

Reactions: 1
No spend months down the pan one day in. I'm terrible for just nipping into the local bakery for a bite to eat. ☹

I'm doing ok so far. All i've spent is £30 on petrol.
Needed a new hair dryer cos my old one just died, and bought it on husbands prime account 😜

Need to go out tomorrow for stuff for the pets and some bread and some other bits. Will be a challenge not picking up bits I don't really need in home bargains!

Need to plan out my teas for this week cos I'm on twilight's and I'm always bad for popping into Aldi on my way in for treats.

I'm doing ok so far. All i've spent is £30 on petrol.
Needed a new hair dryer cos my old one just died, and bought it on husbands prime account 😜

Need to go out tomorrow for stuff for the pets and some bread and some other bits. Will be a challenge not picking up bits I don't really need in home bargains!

Need to plan out my teas for this week cos I'm on twilight's and I'm always bad for popping into Aldi on my way in for treats.
Just realise how this sounds. Only on day 7🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Does anyone else find that trying to not spend feels a bit like trying to lose weight? I feel like every day I'm trying to not spend drags on and on and I can't believe it's on day 7 of January because it feels like I've been living a boring hermit lifestyle without treats for months. I just become so conscious of every boring day that's passing and it's the same when I'm trying to lose weight. I already feel like I'm on the countdown to payday but obviously it's a good three weeks away :eek:

Reactions: 9
I feel like if it’s pet food, or something that we need for dinner or a soft drink, I’m forgiving that. The best laid plans - grocery delivery gave some bad dates and some things were out of stock, for example.

Ive put a no spend on clothes, non essential toiletries, and no stocking up if I have food/cleaning products already, takeout etc. inevitably if you have kids, dependents, pets, you’re going to put their needs first, ie ahead of a no spend resolution!

Reactions: 7
I think if it’s an essential then that’s fine, it’s more absent minded spending on things you don’t need - like takeaways (🙄) or popping into a shop to get a sandwich or something. I wouldn’t beat myself up about buying cat food, for example, because it’s an essential. I’ve made a list of essentials and non-essentials and as long as there’s no or little spending in the non-essential department then I’m doing alright. Hope that helps somebody.

Reactions: 10
I think if it’s an essential then that’s fine, it’s more absent minded spending on things you don’t need - like takeaways (🙄) or popping into a shop to get a sandwich or something. I wouldn’t beat myself up about buying cat food, for example, because it’s essential. I’ve made a list of essentials and non-essentials and as long as there’s no or little spending in the non-essential department then I’m doing alright. Hope that helps somebody.
I think that’s the best approach!

• Heart
Barring one item, I’ve only spent money on already planned events, such as a birthday meal etc so far. I have 7 birthdays in my next pay day to fund which will be interesting in keeping costs low!

There’s a lady on insta called Mrs Hawkins House and she’s doing a no spend year; she has some interesting posts up on what she considers essential spending and how to approach it, it might be helpful for those of you wanting to do no spend but struggling. I regularly toy with the idea of doing a no spend week but it never works out for me but I think that’s a complete lack of commitment on my part!

Reactions: 5
There’s a lady on insta called Mrs Hawkins House and she’s doing a no spend year; she has some interesting posts up on what she considers essential spending and how to approach it, it might be helpful for those of you wanting to do no spend but struggling. I regularly toy with the idea of doing a no spend week but it never works out for me but I think that’s a complete lack of commitment on my part!
Why not start smaller like a day or two and build on that