No spend month

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep I’m in. Hello by the way, I don’t think I’ve posted in this thread before. I’m doing a no spend 2 months. I’ve done my budget for the year and I’m -3k so I have to make some extra money somehow and cut back where I can. It’s going to be interesting to say the least. Good luck everyone!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m doing this myself! I’ve cancelled £40 worth of subscriptions last night, have other bits that I can’t cancel til March/April time (gym, Sky etc) so those will have to wait. I received a lot of skin care/toiletries for Xmas and don’t actually need anything. I’ve also made sure I have taken off my card from my iPhone wallet which helps with the cups of hot chocolate from work (Obviously leaving my purse at home as well).

I follow a lot of money saving ladies on Instagram so I’ve found this super helpful. I think I’ve come to the realisation that I’ve bought a lot of crap in the past for no reason! I’m ready to live a simpler life. Hoping to change jobs this year, and even though I do a lot of overtime, I seem to end up back in my overdraft!

Good luck everyone, we can do this! X

• Heart
I’ve failed from day one of this month. Make up, eyebrows and lashes, lip fillers, pointless spends at the local shop and purchases for my new house.

I’ve moved a chunk into savings though.

Reactions: 6
I'm in. Any there rules/a guide? I know I need a new hairdryer, is that allowed?
I might just start simply with a "no buying lunch at work" rule 😅

Reactions: 4
I'm in. Any there rules/a guide? I know I need a new hairdryer, is that allowed?
So I'm not sure but I think idea is that you don't spend unnecessarily? So like if something breaks that's okay but it's like no buying new clothes/make up etc that you don't need?
I think I'm really not sure. I feel like you should be allowed a hair dryer though :ROFLMAO:

Everyone can pretty much set their own rules and how strict they want to be. But I‘d say buying to replace something that‘s broken is totally fine! And I‘m sure if you stick to the no-lunch rule you will see a change and then that might motivate you to cut back on even more things

Following! She says while browsing Apple watches... 😭 😂
I got my Apple Watch second hand from Cex when I traded in some games and an old ds that I’d not bothered with in forever, and I ended up only putting £20 to it, so that could be an option but depends what exactly you’re after and if you have stuff worth trading in!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I had burger king for lunch... I have food in the fridge I could have eaten but I still got burger king for lunch. You are not alone 😂
This is me 100%. As soon as I get paid it’s like I’m allergic to all my food in the fridge??? What’s that all about 😂

• Haha
I think it’s cutting out the little things that makes the biggest difference. I noticed I had spent £150 in one month just nipping into the corner shop for multipacks of Coke or popping in for kitchen roll and then spending £5/10 on crap.

Reactions: 9
I think it’s cutting out the little things that makes the biggest difference. I noticed I had spent £150 in one month just nipping into the corner shop for multipacks of Coke or popping in for kitchen roll and then spending £5/10 on crap.
Agree!!

I have an issue where I would not let myself have a thing but I'd substitute the thing but then end up buying the original thing anyway. For example, pepsi max is a bit of a vice for me. I'm not a chocolate or snack eater but pepsi max is like my version of chocolate or biscuits or wine etc. I am limited to one glass a day anyway but in order to save the £2 a week on a bottle, I bought £1 squash to drink instead. Well the squash didn't give me the same feeling so now I have £1 squash in the house but bought the pepsi anyway. I had the realisation that it's actually probably cheaper for me to go to food warehouse or b&m on payday, spend the money on cans out of my 'fun money' and just have done with it.

Yeah, it’s difficult isn’t it. I adore spending money I don’t really have but it’s got me in a right mess many a time. I have no savings, I have 4 credit cards that are often maxed out and I have a mortgage and a car to run. I’m getting older, I’m 50 next year (!) and I really need to sort my tit out now. I’m here to encourage the duck out of everyone and hopefully that’ll rub off on me too.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m in! I totally forgot about this thread but yes.
No rules but rules you set for yourself. For example for me this month I’m on a ban of no new clothes, no new toiletries this month however certain expenses eg petrol, personal care/ grooming are allowed. As is going out and paying for dinner for my boyfriends birthday.
We’ve got this ♥

Also… use cash! I bought some cash wallet things from shein with labels on and going to withdraw money and put into them for when I do need to buy things. Rather than Apple Pay which I seem to forget is real money.

• Heart
OMG I love the reaction of everyone!! the thread was dead! all right let's do this!!
So far this month:
- bought one dress (50 euros), new boots (20 euros) and we have sales coming up and I need a few more things, but.. do i?
- bought the vileda mop that I have been dreaming about for years (45 euros)
- Took an uber yesterday because I was too tired to take two metros (26 euros 😭)
I have a problem and I should stop!!!

Me and my friend are doing this! I knew I’d been spending more than I needed to so I downloaded the Emma app and it goes back a year, seeing what id spent on clothes etc and eating out was a shock!

I’ve deleted my takeaway and shopping apps, I’ve unsubscribed from email that’ll tempt me to shop

I’m aiming to only spend on essentials like bills and groceries, or if I run out of something. So no unnecessary clothes, food etc

so far I’ve succeeded this month, I find it helps that I’m on the standard January diet so I’m avoiding takeaways and I’m running in the evenings instead of scrolling online and spending

I’ve got one mid week meal out planned with some friends which I will allow spending but due to watching money/weight loss it’ll be main course only and no wine!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Looking for a 3rd NSD of the month today, the urge to spend is strong but I really don’t need anything. I have so much else going on in my life at the moment that spending would definitely help, but of course it wouldn’t it would make it a lot worse. Stay strong Tattlers!

B09D1AFA-77E7-42D3-9C34-D556B7538C35.jpeg

For anyone that likes a visual - hopefully it will print out clear, if not you can some on Pinterest/Google

• Heart
I'm coming to join in. Today I did buy a bundle on vinted but I know I can flip it. Does buying to sell count as essential spending or not?

Reactions: 2