No spend month

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s very personal isn’t it. So I would say make your own rules? I’m going to try from 25th Sept until 25th Oct.

I plan to sit down and write my why and have it somewhere I can see it - maybe even a screensaver!

So far these are things that I don’t need as I currently have too many and need/want to use them up:

• Candles
• Reeds
• Stationery
• Cleaning products (I’m bad for when something new comes out I want to try it!) Might have to ban myself from Home Bargains/B&M’s 🙈

I’m going to think of some more ☺
Maybe I misunderstood "no spend". I thought it's only spending on things like essential groceries and bills.

Reactions: 2
Maybe I misunderstood "no spend". I thought it's only spending on things like essential groceries and bills.
I’m trying to do no spend, which for me means essential spending on groceries, rent, bills, savings, diesel. There’ll be no takeaways, no impulse purchases, no coffee every day I go to my office etc.

Reactions: 4
I think you can do it differently? I was under the impression it was like you said but some people do a certain amount of the no spend month using up food at home.

I think it depends how you want to it maybe?

I’m trying to do no spend, which for me means essential spending on groceries, rent, bills, savings, diesel. There’ll be no takeaways, no impulse purchases, no coffee every day I go to my office etc.
I’m going to try it like you. The only exception is I have a friend who’s birthday is in Oct. So I’ll buy her gift this month and set aside £30 for the day

So just to let everybody know No-spend-Oct was a complete bust for me 😩

I didn't realise I'd put on some weight so needed a couple of new things for the cold weather :rolleyes:

• Sad
I'm gonna try really hard to do a No-Spend-November (minus absolute essentials like rent, bills, food). I've started a new job which is only a year's contract and is the highest paid I've ever had, really want to make the most of saving as much as I can in this time! Was just posting to see if anyone else was considering so we could all try to keep each other accountable/support x

Reactions: 3
I’m going to try and do a no spend month too . I spent a stupid amount of money in October on stupid tit I don’t need

I’m not going to buy anything for myself that isn’t essential : ie, no new clothes , nothing new for the house unless something breaks . No takeaways . We have two meals out planned with family & friends so I will obviously spend money on that , but no meals out otherwise . Only stuff for the littles if they NEED it … we’ll see how it goes 😅

I’m going to try and do a no spend month too . I spent a stupid amount of money in October on stupid tit I don’t need

I’m not going to buy anything for myself that isn’t essential : ie, no new clothes , nothing new for the house unless something breaks . No takeaways . We have two meals out planned with family & friends so I will obviously spend money on that , but no meals out otherwise . Only stuff for the littles if they NEED it … we’ll see how it goes 😅
There are too many good bargains in November with Black Friday! I think I’m going to attempt low buy instead of no buy it’s more realistic for me 😂

Reactions: 1
There are too many good bargains in November with Black Friday! I think I’m going to attempt low buy instead of no buy it’s more realistic for me 😂
That’s a good point . I might set some money aside for bits we need in Black Friday sale (and bits we don’t need … I want some uggs haha)

I might say first 2 weeks no spend , last 2 weeks low spend !

I basically did no spend all of October with a few blimps like plants and teas. I'm going to try even harder this November. I have an embarrassing low amount of money for my age. 😭 Then again don't we all now?

I basically did no spend all of October with a few blimps like plants and teas. I'm going to try even harder this November. I have an embarrassing low amount of money for my age. 😭 Then again don't we all now?
I don't think there is a right or wrong way of saving. You could be like me which is on the other side of the spectrum. I find it really hard to spend my money so often miss out

Started off alright yesterday but already messed up today! Thought I'd get up earlier and walk to work to save money, but this backfired as I had to then withdraw a tenner for a taxi home as it was absolutely pouring 😂

So far , not so good … bought a bundle of baby clothes for my daughter on Vinted today … bought coffee yesterday on a walk with a friend …. Gah!!!

So far , not so good … bought a bundle of baby clothes for my daughter on Vinted today … bought coffee yesterday on a walk with a friend …. Gah!!!
It's ok, we can get back on the horse!! Your baby girl needs clothes, that's not a totally useless spend at all :) and a coffee won't break the bank! None of that sounds frivolous x

• Heart
I‘d love to join but due to all the bank holidays in December lots of invoices have just come in 😣

I‘ll try to not spend anything from 15.1-15.2. That‘ll give me time to figure out a budget plan for necessary things and my subscriptions. Really want to safe money for a holiday in September - should be the perfect year since I‘ll have to study non stop until June, so no spending money on „fun“ activities and will also cut back on take aways.

• Heart
I am lurking here - not going for a no spend at the moment but trying to cut down on what I spend for sure!

• Heart
I’m here but I need my hand holding and some accountability otherwise I’m going to crack haha! I’ve got a few days out that are coming up that I’ve already paid for so other than that I’m going to try to only spend on my food shop… 😮💨😮💨😮💨

• Heart
Reactions: 3