No spend month

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
… I completely forgot that it‘s already my no-spend timeframe 🤦🏼‍♀️
Didn‘t spend anything yesterday but did buy my pill today, though that‘s definitely a necessity. I‘m meeting a friend on friday for coffee so I‘ll definitely fail then but will try to really just stick with one coffee
Hang on, isn't the pill a free prescription?

Depends where you live - in Ireland it’s only free for 17-27 year olds I think (and even that’s a new thing). I absolutely pay for mine 🤣
Honestly that's shocked me! I haven't been on the pill for years though.

Reactions: 1
Honestly that's shocked me! I haven't been on the pill for years though.
I think the coil can cost over €500 as we’ve to pay for the device, as well as insertion and then removal too. If you’re on a low income you get some help.

Reactions: 2
For everyone who is doing the 15th to the 15th no spend month, it's day3! let's do this ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I know someone who had sex with his missis. Got the morning after pill. Same thing happened again - that'll be £30 for your pill please miss. 😂😂😂😂

All right, let's do this:
Jan 15th, day 1: brunch with an ex, he paid! groceries (don't count) so ✅
Day 2: resisted new boots on sale :cry: , gonna buy some bread for dinner that was home cooked yesterday, no take out for this girl! so check ✅

COME on! who's with me!
Day 1 ✅
Day 2 ✅
Day 3 ❌ Dinner out with friends :( already failing! this is too hard

So far I've not been within the vicinity of the local shops. Expect a raging post on yet another failed day for me in approximately 3 hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
been lurking in this thread, not done a full no spend month before but do aim for a 'streak' of days or a full week. i've started a habit tracker on notion and so far 10/17 days have been no spend. i'm aiming for half the month first and then maybe 3 weeks pcm. feels easier to make it a habit rather than a challenge or restriction!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Day 1 ✅
Day 2 ✅
Day 3 ❌ Dinner out with friends :( already failing! this is too hard
Don’t beat yourself up. I’ve said no buy isn’t easy for me, so I’m going to aim for low buy. Also it’s a new moon this weekend and my new year will start then 😂

• Heart
And I emptied out the local bakery. Starting again tomorrow. Just gonna try my best. All I can do.

• Heart
January really is the crappest month to start anything like this. I’m doing ok, still spent too much but not as much as I normally do so that’s a win…right? I’m definitely thinking about things more before I just impulsively buy and the majority of things I’ve spent money on are necessities, so I don’t feel too bad.

Tomorrow is a new day 💪🏼

• Heart
Loving this thread!

I've been attempting a low spend month with the aim of keeping my week days no spend. I have quire an expensive year coming up with a holiday already booked and some jobs around the house that need doing, my energy bills have shot through the roof and I've just had to take a loan out to buy a new car, argh!

I set myself some spending rules at the beginning of the month -

- No buying new books
- No new clothes unless I definitely need them (I.e. undies etc)
- No takeaways or take away coffees unless they're freebies
- No spending through the week unless necessary

So far so good... although I have bought one book, I read it and enjoyed it and I have bought a new jacket but I'm justifying it as I did need it and it was in the sale. I've bought one coffee when meeting a friend when I really needed to chat to someone but other than that, I'm managing alright! Certainly much better than a normal month where I'd be 'treating' myself left right and centre!

One thing that has really helped has been deleting the apps I spend mindlessly on, depop and ebay! I've been trying to read on an evening rather than scroll so I'm not tempted into buying stuff I don't need, although the invasive thoughts about spending are still there, does anyone else get this? I'll just be sat minding my own business and my brain will tell me 'you know what you need, an Adidas jumper dress.' ... Like, really?!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
OK. I've wanted my downstairs bathroom wallpapered for a while. Well just the one wall tbh with it being a bathroom. I've seen some GORGEOUS designer wallpaper in local charity shop. It's up for £1 a roll. This is justified spending surely?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
OK. I've wanted my downstairs bathroom wallpapered for a while. Well just the one wall tbh with it being a bathroom. I've seen some GORGEOUS designer wallpaper in local charity shop. It's up for £1 a roll. This is justified spending surely?
I'd say so! If you're going to buy wallpaper at some point anyway, might as well save yourself money in the long run now. Plus, if you love the wallpaper and it's going to make you happy to see it in there everyday, it's an investment in your enjoyment of your home and your home itself... although I can pretty much talk myself into buying anything!

• Heart
I think that's justified cause you'd be spending more money in the long run buying more expensive wallpaper?

I appreciate it's no spend but I'm personally not going to go without if I see a good deal or need something. I need new underwear badly, I've got a voucher so it is still no spend technically but I would spend the money and if I saw some clothes (summer holiday stuff) I needed on offer while I was there I would buy them. It's only going to end up with me spending more money closer to the time and ending up with clothes I don't really want but need. I think the key is to be sensible and ask if you really need it and not just buying it for the sake of it. I wouldn't call this an impulse buy if you're asking on tattle whether it's justified.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'd say so! If you're going to buy wallpaper at some point anyway, might as well save yourself money in the long run now. Plus, if you love the wallpaper and it's going to make you happy to see it in there everyday, it's an investment in your enjoyment of your home and your home itself... although I can pretty much talk myself into buying anything!
Oh you've talked me in to it. My whole bathroom is plain white and just plain so need something to give it abit of life and colour.

• Heart