Niomi Smart #3 Trouble in paradise, did Joey flee? We don't know yet but await the fennel tea!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re her and Marcus, I think they just out grew each other and whilst she might have officially ended it, I always got the impression it was mutual and pretty amicable. They went on to work on sourced box together so saw each other sometimes for that and it seemed like there was no beef.

I do think something has happened with Joe more than just a break up. I suppose it could just be that they were engaged and planning a wedding but it seems like something shady has happened with her comments.

I for one am all for her being pass agg in the comments. Love a bit of insta drama 😂

Reactions: 15
Now that she's explicitly interacting with her audience about her 'trauma', I hope she at least makes an official breakup announcement... She doesn't need to go into much detail, but at least say openly that the relationship is over, that we'll no longer be seeing Joe, and then move on.

Reactions: 4
Now that she's explicitly interacting with her audience about her 'trauma', I hope she at least makes an official breakup announcement... She doesn't need to go into much detail, but at least say openly that the relationship is over, that we'll no longer be seeing Joe, and then move on.
I think drawing attention to that post in her stories is her unofficial announcement.

Reactions: 5
I do recall when Joe was in India for work for about a month and then he was meant to be home one night and Niomi was excited to see him. Well, it turned out instead of going home for dinner, as soon as he landed he went to the office. Niomi seemed upset. Also, they had moved to India, she seemed to spend a lot of time by herself and he was working late etc. Of course, sometimes work requires extra hours but I felt sorry for her. I moved to a new country (where my husband is from) and it was terribly lonely at first when he was working and I didn't know anyone. She did give a lot up to go to India. Perhaps he was putting work before her all the time.
I had mentioned that incident somewhere above in the threads. It made me realize how important his work was to him, and how many hours she was left alone. In India she was left to her own devices quite a bit. Course she was in Soho House which made it easier, but it still had to be quite intimidating and lonely. I think something like this is the root of the breakup. Hope she goes to a real therapist and not a pop psychologist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Absolutely hilarious the ‘putting myself for once first ‘ comment.

Yeah when you started taking over that flat . That wasn’t putting yourself first was it.
That was done for Freddie benefit helping him remove his stuff.

She is delusional

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Normally I’d be behind the whole ‘putting myself first’ thing but, like we’ve all agreed, I think this was part of the issue in the first place. Just because you “move” to India for your partner’s career it does not mean everything has to be your way in return. I’m not defending Joe because he very well may be a massive twit but I do think he did a lot to accommodate and celebrate her lifestyle, even at the detriment of his own. Her moving was a very obvious commiment of being selfless but it doesn’t cancel out the very selfish tendencies she showed on camera and who knows what else behind closed doors. I think they’re both poor communicators and felt the need to have a relationship neither of them were ready for. I truly hope she takes some time, meets different people and begins to actually feel how she portrays herself.

Im starting to think we actually might get more details than we originally thought!

Reactions: 19
I had mentioned that incident somewhere above In the threads. It made me realize how important his work was to him, and how many hours she was left alone. in India she was left to her own devices quite a bit. Corse she was in Soho House which made it easier, but it still had to be quite intimidating and lonely. I think something like this is the root of the breakup. Hope she goes to a real therapist and not a pop psychologist.
2 years ago I followed my partner to a foreign country for his job (we still live there), a country I had never ever been to, very different from my culture, had no family or friends there, nothing at all. The first 6 months were awful. He was extremely busy and I was alone ALL the time, would eat dinner by myself several times a week, barely had time to speak to each other or watch a movie together. I had never felt so lonely and confused in my life. I felt pretty resentful too. It definitely challenged the relationship, but we were strong enough that we worked through it and now it's all good. The fact that they couldn't get through that as an engaged couple shows that they just weren't meant to be.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Sure, Niomi probably feels resentful that she moved to a foreign country to support her fiance, only for him to dump her. Of course she has every right to feel bitter and resentful.

But let's not forget this is the same girl who left her injured boyfriend to hobble home so she could make her 10k target time. She's hardly some selfless angel herself!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Absolutely hilarious the ‘putting myself for once first ‘ comment.

Yeah when you started taking over that flat . That wasn’t putting yourself first was it.
That was done for Freddie benefit helping him remove his stuff.

She is delusional
I think putting herself first would have been her insisting on their own place, similar in size to the previous property. Or insisting freddy find his own space. She didn't put herself first there, she was clearly prickly about sharing with him and didn't handle it well though.

Moving to India was a huge sacrifice for her - huge. She had a great social and business network in london.

I think she would have done anything for joe, but her trying wayyyyy too hard to be perfect resulted in a weird formal relationship where i bet she never even farted in front of him.

His Dad sounds like a bore - 1 hour speech. I hope the champagne and cocktails were flowing freely by that point.

Is zoe relieved niomi won't beat her to the altar? Will this prompt her to ditch leeching Alfie? I digress...

i would love her to do a sit down chatty video where she told us everything! I feel he just said it wasn't what he wanted anymore and couldn't see it working. She'd be like - WHAT!?! Now you tell me.

I hope she gets the ring made into something nicer. Maybe design a pretty 21st necklace for daisy may? (Engagement rings are gifts, that thing is rightfully hers)

Reactions: 17
I agree it’s a selfless act to follow your fiancée abroad for their job. However. I don’t believe Niomi and selfless belong in the same sentence. She’s incredibly calculating and the very gilded lining was the biggest ‘content’ she’s had in the last five years. She’s was beside herself with all the new tit she could churn out, she was planning on milking India dry. So no, I’m not convinced she spent all this time putting Joe ahead of her own needs.

Zoe sugg.

backup option when it goes tits up with Alfie.

Jim Chapman
Joe Whatshisface.

• Haha
Going to start this off by saying I know it’s petty, and I do truly feel for her because it must be absolutely awful to go through such a public break-up after being engaged. HOWEVER, if these comments are anything to go off of, I’m starting to hope we might actually some of the deets eventually (at least from her POV)

Reactions: 12
My read of that is that she went full Nimbot and suppressed who she was, her emotions ... she was always fake overly happy to keep up the idea of perfection in her life & the relationship. Maybe she did the immature thing of shaping herself into what she thinks he would want instead of being herself. She has tendencies like that with her eating & workout lifestyle. The control. Can’t imagine how she lived like that for years with Joe, if so. Most of us grow out of that phase early on.

Reactions: 14
Wow, the claws are coming out. She is referring to what happened as a “shitstorm.” So very unlike our prissy Niomi. She is pissed and unleashing some of it in the comments. She is not happy with dreamy Joe. I also think she may never address it as it’s clear she understands most have figured it out and she is just indirectly referring to it now.

Reactions: 15
I agree it’s a selfless act to follow your fiancée abroad for their job
people seem to forget Niomi has wanted to leave the uk for years... she STAYED in the uk for joe.

she didn’t want to leave India! 😂 She probably threw a strop they weren’t going back and she couldn’t be a ethical eco queen with a Mumbai backdrop

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I love the comments being like "wonder what's going on!" Imagine being that offline, can't relate 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.