Niomi Smart #16 Why am I hungry I had a banana, and why is Freddie following Anna?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yeah I think fake tan is something people do either in summer or just before a hot weather holiday... seems redundant now
I'm all for doing nice things for yourself, but I feel like a pedicure is far more of a pick-me-up to most people than it would be to have a nice expensive fake tan that even YOU don't really get to see that much on yourself if you're wearing sweats all the time because your house isn't heated like Niomi's to the point where it's comfortable to prance around in a bra in the winter.

Usually the influencer is the main earner, sometimes even employing them so i feel it changes how they see their gf/wife, even subconsciously. Maybe they even really like it after a few months?! My ex went vegetarian (not vegan, too hard for him apparently) for me. Not sure if he went back to omivore eating. I never asked him to, but i though it was very sweet, and a big gesture at the time.
OT but one of my exes went back to eating meat after breaking up with me, and made a point of telling me. He'd been vegetarian when I met him, not gone veggie for me, so it was a very weird thing to try to "rub in" lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I'm all for doing nice things for yourself, but I feel like a pedicure is far more of a pick-me-up to most people than it would be to have a nice expensive fake tan that even YOU don't really get to see that much on yourself if you're wearing sweats all the time because your house isn't heated like Niomi's to the point where it's comfortable to prance around in a bra in the winter.

OT but one of my exes went back to eating meat after breaking up with me, and made a point of telling me. He'd been vegetarian when I met him, not gone veggie for me, so it was a very weird thing to try to "rub in" lol
ugh exes are awful!

Reactions: 9
I'm not watching one second of her stupidass tanning advertorial--I can't believe she has the audacity to post such half-assed, unauthentic sponsored content after 5 weeks away. She didn't even try to insert it within a longer vlog or anything--she's literally doing the bare minimum, just posting the plain advert. But I did click (and immediately paused) just to have a look at the comments. Still a lot of negative comments. She needs to wake up. People are starting to see her true colors.

I am also glad to see that she's finally read the ASA's emails--"ad" mention both in the title and thumbnail, which is how it's supposed to be! Now I'll be watching out to see how long this lasts. No doubt she'll go back to her shady ways once she feels she's no longer on the ASA's watch.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 34
This has happened to one of my best friends twice. And neither was a situation of her cheating, or starting an emotional affair with someone else. Both were cases where meeting someone who shared her passions and was just kind to her as a friend made her realize how cold and distant her current (at the time) partner was, and that the relationship was basically dead already.
I totally get how this could happen, I just wonder like, if you are attracted to someone enough to eventually date them, don't you know what you're doing when you're just friends? Like allowing them to get close to you. I also think some people idealize friends because they don't have to deal with/go through the hard/relationship stuff with them. Like you just see them and have fun, then go home back to your problems. Hence why some people jump from relationship to relationship, because they're not reflecting on what went wrong, they think it was just the person (which it may have been..) Not saying that happened with your friends, it just seems like there are other elements at play in these situations. And it's not necessarily bad, just human, and it's not like people aren't going to be attracted to other people outside of their relationship, I just think it's how much you feed that outside relationship with someone you're likely attracted to that determines whether it's borderline emotional cheating. Like someone showing you that other people are nice, there are more fish in the sea, etc. is different that someone who makes you realize that AND you end up dating lol. I would hope in any of those situations that you break up with your ex as soon as it makes sense to, like after realizing that there's nothing you can do to fix it/you don't want to fix it anymore. Coming back to Niomi, if Joe realized all this before the move to Freddie's flat, I think that falls into the crappy category lol

Reactions: 12
Anyone know the story behind her father? What happened?

yeah I think fake tan is something people do either in summer or just before a hot weather holiday... seems redundant now
tbf isn’t it more redundant to fake tan just to go on a hot holiday where..you will tan for real? I’ve never understood that 😂 Makes more sense to fake tan when you’re not actually getting any sun

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I totally get how this could happen, I just wonder like, if you are attracted to someone enough to eventually date them, don't you know what you're doing when you're just friends? Like allowing them to get close to you. I also think some people idealize friends because they don't have to deal with/go through the hard/relationship stuff with them. Like you just see them and have fun, then go home back to your problems. Hence why some people jump from relationship to relationship, because they're not reflecting on what went wrong, they think it was just the person (which it may have been..) Not saying that happened with your friends, it just seems like there are other elements at play in these situations. And it's not necessarily bad, just human, and it's not like people aren't going to be attracted to other people outside of their relationship, I just think it's how much you feed that outside relationship with someone you're likely attracted to that determines whether it's borderline emotional cheating. Like someone showing you that other people are nice, there are more fish in the sea, etc. is different that someone who makes you realize that AND you end up dating lol. I would hope in any of those situations that you break up with your ex as soon as it makes sense to, like after realizing that there's nothing you can do to fix it/you don't want to fix it anymore. Coming back to Niomi, if Joe realized all this before the move to Freddie's flat, I think that falls into the crappy category lol
I can see how that would happen, I'm just saying I think it often happens without an intention to cheat. Like Joe wasn't madly in love with Niomi but just couldn't keep his wandering eyes on her. Rather, he was already mentally/emotionally kind of over her, and meeting someone he had more of a connection with might have highlighted just how stagnant his relationship with Niomi felt.

tbf isn’t it more redundant to fake tan just to go on a hot holiday where..you will tan for real? I’ve never understood that 😂 Makes more sense to fake tan when you’re not actually getting any sun
Some people (me included) like to try to avoid actually getting a tan, so they wear sunscreen all the time and/or try to cover up when they're in the sun. For those people I think it would make sense to want a fake tan before a trip where you're going to be showing a lot of skin.

Reactions: 12
Of course she did a random self-tan ad... it was another reason she could take her kit off and prance around in a bikini.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hey can we have a code word when commenting for tattle subs so we can recognise each other

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don't think the guy with the signet ring is Joe although the hair looks like it could be, but I've never seen him with one on and he doesn't really seem like someone who would wear them.
Also I reckon his connection with Dimbobs was quite superficial to begin with, they met in the right place at the right time, both single, pleasant and conventionally attractive people, so why not have a relationship. Then 4 years later it escalated to an engagement and after spending prolonged periods of time together (India and lockdown), he realised that she's not actually the one.

Reactions: 21
Then 4 years later it escalated to an engagement and after spending prolonged periods of time together (India and lockdown), he realised that she's not actually the one.
Yes to this. Judging from the little bits he said in their we're moving to India video he was going to go with or without her. But after months of spending all day with someone it can either make or break a relationship.

Do we think he purposely moved back into his old flat as he knew he was going to end it?

Hi everyone! Long time lurker but just made an account to join in! I’ve been trying to keep track and updated but this thread moves so fast lol! But I’ve been reading a ton of the last few pages and have a genuine question but is there actually any solid evidence/proof that Joe and Anna are fully dating? Sorry if I’ve missed something important (please correct me if I have!!) but it just seems like there was the one video on insta he’s in the background of and that they follow each other? I just did a little looking around and it seems like the only post joe’s liked was Anna’s Christmas Day post and that video was from earlier in December so could they not have just met for the first time properly then in December? and be maybe dating/hooking up/whichever for not quite a month now? I also don’t know if it’s just me but if they just run in the same circles and are friends/hooking up/something casual I don’t think it’s that weird for Freddy to know her too? He and Joe are fairly close in age and live together so it just seems a bit more casual than as if joe’s younger sibling that’s still a kid has met her. I don’t really take that as “she’s met the family” and it’s that level of serious

not trying to say they aren’t or shoot down any theories! I just feel like I’ve been reading a bunch of posts and pages writing about joe’s personality and character based on a bunch of things that seem to be taken as fact (that he’s dating Anna, when they met, that he was in contact with her while still with Niomi) and saying like “he clearly met her before he broke up with Niomi etc” that I thought were all just sort of headcanon theories?? but I figured I might’ve missed something more obvious! I know someone posted that they saw them being affectionate and I don’t mean any disrespect to the poster, but I always feel a bit hesitant to take anonymous sightings bc it could be a genuine just mix-up but there’s always the fact it’s an anonymous gossip site where anyone can say anything

I feel like there’s more psychoanalysing of joe’s character and his dating habits here on Niomi thread than Jim/Sarah on tanya’s lol! no offense to anyone who’s interested in the potential Joe gossip but I always found him a bit boring 😴 and was secretly kinda hoping we could just ignore him now when they broke up but it seems like it’s only ramped up!

• Heart
Hi everyone! Long time lurker but just made an account to join in! I’ve been trying to keep track and updated but this thread moves so fast lol! But I’ve been reading a ton of the last few pages and have a genuine question but is there actually any solid evidence/proof that Joe and Anna are fully dating? Sorry if I’ve missed something important (please correct me if I have!!) but it just seems like there was the one video on insta he’s in the background of and that they follow each other? I just did a little looking around and it seems like the only post joe’s liked was Anna’s Christmas Day post and that video was from earlier in December so could they not have just met for the first time properly then in December? and be maybe dating/hooking up/whichever for not quite a month now? I also don’t know if it’s just me but if they just run in the same circles and are friends/hooking up/something casual I don’t think it’s that weird for Freddy to know her too? He and Joe are fairly close in age and live together so it just seems a bit more casual than as if joe’s younger sibling that’s still a kid has met her. I don’t really take that as “she’s met the family” and it’s that level of serious

not trying to say they aren’t or shoot down any theories! I just feel like I’ve been reading a bunch of posts and pages writing about joe’s personality and character based on a bunch of things that seem to be taken as fact (that he’s dating Anna, when they met, that he was in contact with her while still with Niomi) and saying like “he clearly met her before he broke up with Niomi etc” that I thought were all just sort of headcanon theories?? but I figured I might’ve missed something more obvious! I know someone posted that they saw them being affectionate and I don’t mean any disrespect to the poster, but I always feel a bit hesitant to take anonymous sightings bc it could be a genuine just mix-up but there’s always the fact it’s an anonymous gossip site where anyone can say anything

I feel like there’s more psychoanalysing of joe’s character and his dating habits here on Niomi thread than Jim/Sarah on tanya’s lol! no offense to anyone who’s interested in the potential Joe gossip but I always found him a bit boring 😴 and was secretly kinda hoping we could just ignore him now when they broke up but it seems like it’s only ramped up!
someone on here saw Joe and Anna a while ago, and then again this weekend with Freddie. Her and Freddie also posted the same Insta story from the same place the poster spotted them 🕵🏻‍♀️

Not that my gut feeling means anything but I’m sure her and Joe are dating - probably seems more serious (to Anna?) because of lockdown and they have nothing else to do. It’s not like Joe can travel / go on nights out etc and make the most of being single so why not hang out with a beautiful woman. I reckon she’s only met his ‘family’ because he lives with Freddie so will have met her at their flat.

Now knowing Anna is 32 this year, I think she might be looking for something serious. Be interesting to see if Joe carries it on once restrictions lift and he gets some freedom / options. I think he’s too reserved / homely for Anna long term.

Reactions: 7

true, I don't personally, but I have friends who tan slightly before a holiday so as not to be so pale

The code word is obviously #smoothiebowl.
should it not be #smoothiebowlweather ?!

• Haha
Joe has moved on way too fast in my opinion. Fair enough- date and sleep around. But he's met her family and she's going on little outings with his?! I think he's a prick. Niomi must have found out about Anna the minute she turned from 'Joe's a good guy' to 'it's been traumatic'.
I always find this sort of comment hilariously presumptuous, like people have to follow some arbitrary timeline and stop their own life for the feelings of someone they just intentionally disconnected from. when you dump someone, you are FREE. they don't get a say in your life anymore. you get to do what you want, and what is right for you. it's not Niomi's business what he does now, nor how fast he is doing it. it doesnt change that he wanted to dump Niomi. he clearly was over her for a while and it seems this Anna girl runs in the same circle, and it doesn't take long to jump from friend to dating if you've known someone a long time. if he had a friendship with Anna that he could feel was starting to slip into actual feelings and dumped Niomi immediately bc he felt it was edging into emotionally cheating, then he is in the clear. he did the right thing. why should he be penalized for his feelings? if this was a romcom with Anna and Joe as the main characters and Niomi as the controlling loveless relationship in the way, the audience would be cheering away for Anna+Joe. life is short, the pandemic has taught us as much. too short to stay in a crappy relationship and way too short to not be with someone you want to be with bc you dont want to hurt your ex's feelings. plus, the whole lockdown situation very likely messed with his timeline. if he was thinking of dumping her, it is likely he had to wait a while to not be callous. but that doesn't mean his feelings weren't already moving along. plus - it was OBVIOUS there was issues there and Niomi was like purposely ignoring them. if she wasn't so self centered and only thinking of herself, she would have noticed his shift. I have very little sympathy for girls like Niomi who live in their own world and then when they get "blindsided" bc they insisted on living in fantasy land, expect to be victimized. if we can see it in small clips of videos, it was certainly present enough for HER to notice. if Joe didn't leave her for Anna, he would've left her eventually anyway. getting mad at Anna is just redirecting feelings instead of dealing with the feelings. it doesn't change the reality.

We really have no proof of any quasi -cheating on Joe's part. He might have been friends with this Anna and, as can happen when out of his engagement/relationship with Dimbobs, they saw each other in a different light.Who knows??😌
THIS. happens so often in friend groups when suddenly 2 friends are single.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I always find this sort of comment hilariously presumptuous, like people have to follow some arbitrary timeline and stop their own life for the feelings of someone they just intentionally disconnected from. when you dump someone, you are FREE. they don't get a say in your life anymore. you get to do what you want, and what is right for you. it's not Niomi's business what he does now, nor how fast he is doing it. it doesnt change that he wanted to dump Niomi. he clearly was over her for a while and it seems this Anna girl runs in the same circle, and it doesn't take long to jump from friend to dating if you've known someone a long time. if he had a friendship with Anna that he could feel was starting to slip into actual feelings and dumped Niomi immediately bc he felt it was edging into emotionally cheating, then he is in the clear. he did the right thing. why should he be penalized for his feelings? if this was a romcom with Anna and Joe as the main characters and Niomi as the controlling loveless relationship in the way, the audience would be cheering away for Anna+Joe. life is short, the pandemic has taught us as much. too short to stay in a crappy relationship and way too short to not be with someone you want to be with bc you dont want to hurt your ex's feelings. plus, the whole lockdown situation very likely messed with his timeline. if he was thinking of dumping her, it is likely he had to wait a while to not be callous. but that doesn't mean his feelings weren't already moving along. plus - it was OBVIOUS there was issues there and Niomi was like purposely ignoring them. if she wasn't so self centered and only thinking of herself, she would have noticed his shift. I have very little sympathy for girls like Niomi who live in their own world and then when they get "blindsided" bc they insisted on living in fantasy land, expect to be victimized. if we can see it in small clips of videos, it was certainly present enough for HER to notice. if Joe didn't leave her for Anna, he would've left her eventually anyway. getting mad at Anna is just redirecting feelings instead of dealing with the feelings. it doesn't change the reality.

!

literally agree with everything you’ve said here. Relationships abs breakups are hard. They aren’t black and white or a simple who’s right or wrong. Feelings change for whatever reason and probably even for Joe didn’t go the way he expected. At the end of the day you gotta look after yourself, you get one life and sometimes have to make tough decisions and not everyone’s gonna like it

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.