Niomi Smart #15 Felt cute, might spread Covid later

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This doesn't even make sense as a response tbh. If you know weight falls off you when you run, and you run anyway without doing anything to mitigate that effect, is that not the same as intending or trying to lose weight? She's not said she's eating more or trying to eat more to counteract that. So basically she knows full well what she's doing and is doing it on purpose and is flaunting it/thinks it's ok to show that off. Ethics who?
Yea that's the point Niomi. You're exhausting yourself more and eating the same. 😐

Reactions: 8
She is clearly still struggling over her heartbreak. Probably hasn't got her appetite back and the running is just to distract herself from going over and over it. People are right to say she needs to take care of herself, self care in this case would be trying to get more calories in in ways she can manage with no appetite.

Shes not veering into Eugina cooney territory but that doesn't mean she should be complacent, and this could well be what she thinks.

Me too. I think there's a good chance Anna caught his eye BEFORE he broke up with Nims, since they all move in the same circles, and that's why he was able to make his move so quickly (and in the middle of a pandemic, no less).

Dettol Daddy has to be in the bad books now that's he's liked a pic of Anna's.

I think Joey is gearing up to introduce Anna as his IG official girlfriend by deleting even more pics of Niomi from his feed.
I agree!! I dont don't believe he jumped before he could see a lifeboat. Men (hugely generalising) don't like to be single single, joe is conventionally attractive, so i doubt he had too much trouble finding new girls to bang, especially in pandemic times. I doubt anna h is the only hot woman he's sliding into the DM's off, but she's local and they have the same influencer crowd soooo.
I would personally be dubious about seeing a man who had just come out of a 4+ year relationship, lived with his gf, and just called off his engagement. I'd be worried about getting feelings when the guy is still getting over his engagement. I don't think he wants to be without female attention, but inalso doubt he wants another exclusive ltr leading to marriage right now. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I would personally be dubious about seeing a man who had just come out of a 4+ year relationship, lived with his gf, and just called off his engagement. I'd be worried about getting feelings when the guy is still getting over his engagement. 🤷‍♀️
Same. HUGE red flags. I would HATE to be in her situation. Though maybe she feels that she or their bond is special enough to power through his post-break-up issues.

Ah, Niomi has been initiated into Tanya's cult of "the weight just falls off me". Classic. I mean, she had already gone down the "never been happier before, never mind that I look like microwaved shite" path.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I read somewhere that most relationship experts suggest 2-3 months PER YEAR of your past relationship after a breakup before moving on, to improve yourself and heal. So for Niomi/Joe that would be like 10-15 months at a minimum right, for almost 5 years of dating? Obviously I can't judge Joe and we don't know all the details, but it just seems like an immature move to me 🤷‍♀️ I kind of feel bad for Anna if she expects to be anything other than a rebound.
I think he checked out of their relationship a long time before he ended it though... in fact, I wonder whether he ever really checked into it.

Reactions: 18
Can we just talk about how low Niomi's engagement levels are on Instagram? With 1.4 million followers she should be getting an average of ~5% liking her posts, which would be 70,000. On some of these she's getting as little as 7,000. It's pretty obvious she's bought a huge portion of her followers.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Well... May to now. There’s definitely a difference. Really don’t like how she’s enabling it even more by sucking in

I think the problem is here that she knows she has many many young and impressionable followers. And what she seems to be doing is enabling it by posing in a bikini (in a freezing winter) and sucking in her stomach even more
She looks slim but actually really healthy and fit in the first one. The second one she's just posing and sucking in trying to look as skinny as possible, and she doesn't look athletic AT ALL.

Reactions: 2
That order picture is her at the beginning of lockdown so she’s probably looking back at all the gluten free bread she baked at the beginning of quarantine and regretting it.

Still sounds like a humble brag to me that the weight “just falls off.”

Reactions: 13
Regardless of why they broke up (and we don't think it was anything more "major" than being mismatched and Niomi's obsessive traits..) I still think it's weird how fast Joe moved on (if he did move on with Anna). It's one thing to have a post-break up fling, it's another thing to have a legitimate girlfriend that knows your family... It seems irresponsible of Joe if he didn't take time to reflect on what led to the break up, whether it's choosing the right person or working on himself. And it's not like he's the one jumping to get married (Anna doesn't seem that way either), so what's the rush? Seems like a band-aid to me. And sure, anyone like Anna is going to look "fun" if he's just gotten to know her via social media (which I'm assuming because of covid even pre-break up) because that's clearly how Anna wants to be portrayed. But she will eventually have needs and expectations too, as most people do once a relationship becomes long-term. Seems naive of him; like he thinks because Anna seems easygoing that she won't have the same expectations of commitment that Niomi did, and Anna is somehow appealing because she's the opposite of Niomi. Idk. I'm not in Niomi's corner, but I think Joe dating Anna is a bad move and obviously hurtful to Niomi, if he's setting it up to be a public thing. I read somewhere that most relationship experts suggest 2-3 months PER YEAR of your past relationship after a breakup before moving on, to improve yourself and heal. So for Niomi/Joe that would be like 10-15 months at a minimum right, for almost 5 years of dating? Obviously I can't judge Joe and we don't know all the details, but it just seems like an immature move to me 🤷‍♀️ I kind of feel bad for Anna if she expects to be anything other than a rebound.
Maybe Joe had his eyes on someone in India (a colleague) or on an acquaintance in his circle (Ana). Whatever it was....the cracks were there and the breakup happened at his brother's flat. I wouldn't be surprised if Niomi stumbled upon some piece of 'evidence' that made her question Joe. Or maybe Joe voiced his concerns about the engagement and she blatantly went ahead and asked Charlotte to be her maid of honor and that pissed Joe off.....

Reactions: 10
If Joe "had his eye" on someone else while they were engaged, he's a sh*thead, regardless of how awful Niomi was. I think anyone in her position would be insecure, even though if he did have wandering eyes/messages, etc. she dodged a bullet. A lot of couples would consider "talking" to someone privately that you're attracted to to be emotional cheating..

Reactions: 22
You can still have an ED without actually wanting to lose weight, in fact you can still have one while trying to gain weight when you know you shouldn’t lose it.
Often people with long-term EDs aren’t trying to ‘diet’ anymore or be even slimmer, it’s about the fact that behaviours of control around food have set in and are extremely difficult to let go.

It’s obvious that Niomi has control issues AND she’s made food and exercise her identity, add to that the fact that this year has taken so much out of her control, it makes sense that she would spiral and start to lose even more weight because the one comfort and control she has is around her body, eating, and exercise. But of course she can simplistically still say ‘oh I’m not trying to lose weight, I just have to do (insert exercise) because it’s so therapeutic for me’. Another classic disordered excuse— ‘I do want to put on weight but I can’t give up this exercise because it’s good for my mental health/I still need this particular diet because of ethical reasons and it makes me just feel brighter, etc’.
In reality, if she didn’t want to lose weight or recognized her issues, she’d simply stop running and maybe go for a shorter ~meditative~ walk instead.

She feels scorned and she wants to show off her revenge body instead, like some stupid Kardashian. She doesn't have any brains so this is the only thing she can put on display.

So she wrote that comment about how the weight just “falls off of her” (wtf lol) “due to running”... by saying that she is basically admitting she knows she looks underweight in this photo then right? Seeing as she’s stated how the “weight” has just “fallen off” and this is where she is now at.

Not to undermine anyone who naturally has a more prominent ribcage, but as we’ve seen of previous photos of Niomi she usually does not... she looks seriously underweight in that photo and she knows it.
And if her mum took that pic, that is so messed up :/
Also IT’S WINTER 🙄 it makes this attempt at a thirst trap which instead looks pro-ED even more heinous. “Oops got frost bite hehe, sexy ☃👙👅

Oh and... does she know the Himalayas are a mountain range and not a tropical destination??? 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
People who are serious about running would start eating more when they realized they'd started burning more calories. Who knows for sure if she's 1. running intentionally to lose weight and changing nothing in her diet, 2. actually eating less because she's in a depressive slump after her breakup, 3. intentionally eating less because she's got mental issues and needs to "control" her life that she feels spiraling out of control after her breakup, or 4. genuinely hadn't given it much thought (unlikely). But she's definitely not running because she's serious about it as exercise, which is kind of concerning for the amount of running she does? It seems like it'd make her prone to injury if she's both undereating and putting in a lot of miles.

Reactions: 15
HOW is no one from her family/friends talking some sense into her? Can’t she see how cringe she’s become? One useful step would be to try and stop “influencing” cuz seriously, what can she offer?

Oh well a mop, forgot that 🙄

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.