Niomi Smart #13 wallpaper of books in the study, no real books

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random question, is ‘Dreamy Joe’ something the forum came up with or did Niomi actually refer to him as that at some point? If so, YIKES. There’s putting someone on a pedestal and then there’s THAT 😳
When Charlotte showed her a photo of him, she thought he was so good looking and started calling him Dreamy Joe.
This is all on some interview that she did a few years ago, easily found if you google it. I'd honestly make that interview disappear if I were her.

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Fair point RE: Anna not being an influencer and it not being fair for this forum to come up now when you Google her name (and for her to have been referred to as immature, trashy, and so on — by myself included). HOWEVER, I’m sorry, but if she finds this forum she deserves to feel horrible about her transphobia and our criticism of it. She was far too old and it was far too recent for that to simply be passed off as poor judgment and college hijinks. It’s unfair that her profile was found at all and dragged onto this forum, but as it has we have a right to comment on it and say that it was not OK, even for 10 years ago (if it even was that long ago).

Reactions: 5
Random question, is ‘Dreamy Joe’ something the forum came up with or did Niomi actually refer to him as that at some point? If so, YIKES. There’s putting someone on a pedestal and then there’s THAT 😳
No she mentioned it herself!

Reactions: 3
I don’t think she’s trans but cannot see how it could be seen as funny, even if you’re super immature or narrow minded - I just don’t get the joke...

I know people that have broken the rules during all this but I can’t imagine how entitled you must be to attend a party and then post about it on Instagram. Bizarre!

Reactions: 6
How is SmartSkin hiring? Surely they haven't sold enough to hire more full time employees?
I don't think they have any actual employees currently. Everything is delegated to third parties so Smart Skincare Limited itself doesn't need any employees of their own.

Niomi put the brand together with the help of her two Gleam managers but I doubt they're on the SmartSkin payroll or anything--they were just helping as part of their duties to her as a Gleam client or, at best, as freelance work.

Smart Skincare Limited basically hires the company Elementary Brands Ltd (https://elementarybrands.com/services) to take care of 90% of the work: Elementary Brands creates/manufactures the products and handles fulfillment/operations/customer service.

Then Smart Skincare Limited also hired the company Tissé Studio Ltd (https://www.instagram.com/studiotisse/) to take care of the imagery and content creation around the launch. Not sure why she's not having them do the social media management for her on a permanent basis, but their work was pretty tit anyway so that's probably a good decision.

Lol at the job description, "making sure no comment goes unreplied to" -- as if they get any comments!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Also that tiger pic on her Facebook, one of her friends mentioned how controversial the pic was 5 years ago and she still didn’t take the pic down. Obviously thought the pic was 👍. I feel like she lives the thirsty made in Chelsea party privledged lifestyle. At least Niomi pretends she is sustainable and cares about others /environment

Reactions: 7
Fair point RE: Anna not being an influencer and it not being fair for this forum to come up now when you Google her name (and for her to have been referred to as immature, trashy, and so on — by myself included). HOWEVER, I’m sorry, but if she finds this forum she deserves to feel horrible about her transphobia and our criticism of it. She was far too old and it was far too recent for that to simply be passed off as poor judgment and college hijinks. It’s unfair that her profile was found at all and dragged onto this forum, but as it has we have a right to comment on it and say that it was not OK, even for 10 years ago (if it even was that long ago).
she does have a public profile though with 3k followers - she doesn’t seem like someone that doesn’t like attention.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think she’s trans but cannot see how it could be seen as funny, even if you’re super immature or narrow minded - I just don’t get the joke...

I know people that have broken the rules during all this but I can’t imagine how entitled you must be to attend a party and then post about it on Instagram. Bizarre!
it looks like the ‘party’ is related to some kind of launch for her sisters social media company. It’s all a ruse though - of course it’s a party! You can see the people drinking smoking in the background chilling.They aren’t all part of the crew /employees. I agree she smacks entitlement

Reactions: 7
When Charlotte showed her a photo of him, she thought he was so good looking and started calling him Dreamy Joe.
This is all on some interview that she did a few years ago, easily found if you google it. I'd honestly make that interview disappear if I were her.
Crikey. To refer to him as that privately is cringe enough, but to actually say that publicly is 🚩🚩

Reactions: 4
Perhaps Joe’s relationship to this Anna the Influencer Manager/Trashy Socialite is purely a business relationship in that he wants to capitalise on the followers he got from Niomi and become an influenza too, and wants her to manage him.

I’m joking, obviously, he could not have made it clearer how much he hates the whole influenza schtick, but CAN YOU IMAGINE Joe the Influencer? 😂 What would his first #spon be? Warburtons? Domino’s?
Dettol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Some of the pics on her hashtag on Instagram are gross. Let me pose with some random brown children in India and Peru to show I’m ‘cultural’ She even has a bindi on her forehead in a pic and calls it a ‘diddle doddle’

Whether that was acceptable or not back in the day it is absolutely gross! It reminds me of Stacey Dooley’s pathetic and gross comic relief pic which I was sickened by. Using poor children as a fashion accessory and perpetuating the white saviour complex narrative ... I’m sorry but Niomi would never do that....you can’t buy class

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Some of the pics on her hashtag on Instagram are gross. Let me pose with some random brown children in India and Peru to show I’m ‘cultural’

Whether that was acceptable or not back in the day it is absolutely gross! It reminds me of Stacey Dooley’s pathetic and gross comic relief pic which I was sickened by. Using poor children as a fashion accessory and perpetuating the white saviour complex narrative ... I’m sorry but Niomi would never do that....you can’t buy class
Her mother is Peruvian 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Some of the pics on her hashtag on Instagram are gross. Let me pose with some random brown children in India and Peru to show I’m ‘cultural’

Niomi did do this!! When they went to bali they were videoing the kids and pretty sure she was taking photos for insta stories at the time.

Reactions: 15
I received my BS reply from the ASA:

'Thank you for contacting the Advertising Standards Authority with your complaint about Niomi Smart.

Following other similar complaints, we have recently been in touch with Ms Smart and provided her with guidance on what we expect of brands and influencers on social media.

Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. Comments such as yours help us to understand the issues that matter to consumers and we will keep a record of your complaint on file for use in future monitoring. If you would like more information about our complaint handling principles or for more information about how advertising is regulated on social media, please visit our website, www.asa.org.uk.'
Looks like the same generic reply that they send out. Makes me wonder if they actually did speak to her? Last time someone complained they said the same thing yet she went on to upload her flogmas video with no mention of 'AD'.

Reactions: 8
at schools in the UK some people go by last names, maybe she got picked on for her last name so chose to make a joke about it, put it her bio and say duck it - I'm reclaiming the joke - its called self-deprecating humor and its prolific in the UK. If you cant make a joke/dig about yourself constantly you're not going to do well socially.
Probs also why niomis not v funny....
take a joke gal!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.