Nicola Sturgeon, SNP, Scottish Politics and Scottish Independence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Supreme Court has ruled Nicola Sturgeon can’t have a new independence vote without say so from Rishi Sunak. What do you all think about the result?
So that's another couple of hundred thousand Yes votes from the people of Scotland.

It should have been allowed, we vote No again and that's it. The more London get involved the more likelihood of a Yes vote.

Reactions: 7
Imo for fairness when there is another vote it should be yes remain in the UK and no leave.

I say when as there will be another vote, even if it's not happening anytime soon.

Reactions: 1
I hope that £20mil that was set aside for a referendum in 2023 can now be used for something actually beneficial to the country.

Reactions: 12
Supreme Court has ruled Nicola Sturgeon can’t have a new independence vote without say so from Rishi Sunak. What do you all think about the result?
It should never have got to the Supreme Court. What a waste. I really hope he tells her to duck off. I’m so sick of this. We said no. Would we be able to have another referendum had she got her way? No.
Why not re run the Brexit referendum? I didn’t like that result but I can’t just throw my toys out the pram and demand another. That’s not democracy.
An independent Scotland with her at the helm ((and it would be her) terrifies me. It’s bad enough shes throwing women under the bus now, I can only imagine what that little dictator would do if given more power.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
...She needs to get a grip on Scottish education otherwise no one will be able to read the bleeping ballot when and if it ever arrives. She seems fixated on Independence to the detriment of the citizens of Scotland here and now, it's utterly bonkers.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Her and the SNP have a pretty poor record of things like healthcare and education that they have control of. I wish she concentrated on helping the people of Scotland rather than this sideshow to distract from the many failings.

Reactions: 8
She's bleeping crazy. I voted for the greens. I did not vote for independence. How dare she say I did.
She would happily let people starve and live in poverty while she chases her own agenda for her own ego. Disgrace.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Unfortunately the Greens in Scotland are a 'pro independence' party. Pretty sure they ran on that manifesto but happy to be proven wrong.

I am a member of the Scottish Greens 😊

Reactions: 3
Can’t build a ferry, education is disgraceful, our health care is a shambles but they want to run Scotland independently. Aye right.

That’s not democracy.
I mean it literally is democracy to be able to vote to change things you don't like or to have a say on the future of your country 🤷‍♀️ we pick a new government, new council etc every 4-5 years so why should things like Brexit/Indy be a one and done - never to be discussed again. People are allowed to change their minds.

Reactions: 8
I mean it literally is democracy to be able to vote to change things you don't like or to have a say on the future of your country 🤷‍♀️ we pick a new government, new council etc every 4-5 years so why should things like Brexit/Indy be a one and done - never to be discussed again. People are allowed to change their minds.
because with life changing things like discussing your countries independence and all that entails you can’t just go around having referendums because the decision wasn’t to your liking. People can change their minds of course but we voted in 2014 on the basis it was a once in a lifetime vote and we voted with the information we had there and then. Why not just re run the Brexit vote Whilst we are at it? Things will change in life but we can’t go into a voting booth thinking “oh it’s okay we will just have another one one day“ Scotland is divided and people don’t need the government ignoring major issues going on but harping on about how England is bad and it’s all their fault and when we get independence it will be unicorns and rainbows. Just don’t ask what currency we would use Or why it makes sense that we would cut ties with our biggest trading partner.

Why should the Government hold the threat of another divisive referendum over people‘s heads constantly whilst ignoring the majority of people who voted no? They aren’t respecting democracy. Support for independence has fallen not risen. The country is going to the dogs and all this stupid party cares about is dividing the country and bringing it to its knees.

• Heart
...She needs to get a grip on Scottish education otherwise no one will be able to read the bleeping ballot when and if it ever arrives. She seems fixated on Independence to the detriment of the citizens of Scotland here and now, it's utterly bonkers.
100% sick of it all!

Reactions: 3
They should let the English, Welsh and N. Irish vote on whether we still want the Scots or not 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
because with life changing things like discussing your countries independence and all that entails you can’t just go around having referendums because the decision wasn’t to your liking. People can change their minds of course but we voted in 2014 on the basis it was a once in a lifetime vote and we voted with the information we had there and then.
There's Democracy ... then there's too much democracy and therein lays ruin.

Unfortunately the Greens in Scotland are a 'pro independence' party. Pretty sure they ran on that manifesto but happy to be proven wrong.

I am a member of the Scottish Greens 😊
Linked the easy read version of it for you so you can. Independence was one of many many many many policies. Maybe 2% of what they were standing on. Nicola can not assume that everyone that voted greens agreed with every single one of the over 50 policies. I didn't. Like many others I voted green for the green policies.

Linked the easy read version of it for you so you can. Independence was one of many many many many policies. Maybe 2% of what they were standing on. Nicola can not assume that everyone that voted greens agreed with every single one of the over 50 policies. I didn't. Like many others I voted green for the green policies.

Many policies but they still have run on it and unfortunately by the party themselves aligning themselves with the SNP and forming a loose coalition so to speak its easy to see why the link has been made. Greens have also launched their own campaign for an independent Scotland.

Whether that would alter your vote in future I dont know.

"Mr Harvie said the Greens's papers were a “reintroduction to the Green Yes campaign” that would “inspire people of the possibilities” of independence."

Reactions: 1
I’m glad there’s not going to be another referendum anytime soon.

the world needs to calm the duck down for a while. There’s been so much in the last few years with Brexit/Covid/Ukraine/Cost of living crisis.

There’s so much anxiety with constant changes for everyone personally and also UK business owners that I really don’t think now is the right time to be pushing for it.

Her and the SNP have a pretty poor record of things like healthcare and education that they have control of. I wish she concentrated on helping the people of Scotland rather than this sideshow to distract from the many failings.
Why do the majority vote for SNP if they aren’t that good? Is it because a majority wants independence?

This wasn't a win for the UK Government. Denying democracy to the Scots is not a good look and will only encourage the Yes movement to gain more followers.

My opinion, there should be another referendum as the political landscape has changed massively since 2014. If we vote no again its dead for at least 25 years.

Reactions: 6
Why do the majority vote for SNP if they aren’t that good? Is it because a majority wants independence?
About 30% voted for SNP in 2021 and lots of it is braveheart mentality and always blaming someone else for problems than taking accountability.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.