Nicola Sturgeon, SNP, Scottish Politics and Scottish Independence

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you make of Liz Truss saying Sturgeon is an attention seeker and should be ignored? Thought it was an appalling thing for the next potential PM to say.

Reactions: 5
What do you make of Liz Truss saying Sturgeon is an attention seeker and should be ignored? Thought it was an appalling thing for the next potential PM to say.
Taking independence and all that crap out of it.

I think its a bit of a joke for someone whos going to be an unelected PM take a pop at an elected FM.

It made her look like a clown but Liz is good at that 🤯 I reckon she will make so many gaffs once shes in situ. Seems like her mouth is going quicker than the brain cogs.

Also pretty sure the question was 'how are you going to win the Scottish people over' I feel like there was v little answer to that so she went with the opposite.

Reactions: 11
Same. Politics aside, it’s an incredibly rude thing to say about anyone, let alone a potential colleague.

Reactions: 9
Same. Politics aside, it’s an incredibly rude thing to say about anyone, let alone a potential colleague.
Totally disrespectful. You can disagree with someone politically without the name calling. A sign of things to come from Liz.

Reactions: 7
It was a brilliant thing to say as it annoyed her and John Swinney. Sturgeon should be called out on all her failings since she came to power as she is destroying Scotland.

Reactions: 2
It was a brilliant thing to say as it annoyed her and John Swinney. Sturgeon should be called out on all her failings since she came to power as she is destroying Scotland.
I seriously don’t think Nicola sturgeon will be annoyed in the slightest personally. She will be annoyed at Truss’s lack of respect for Scotland but why would a democratically elected leader be bothered by Liz Truss. Someone a couple of hundred gammons are voting for.

Reactions: 8
Awful thing to say but that's the mess of this leadership going from trying to get the vote of 160k people (who probably liked it) to getting the vote of the whole country.

The SNP and Nicola have enough sleaze and failings to rival the tories per head. Better to call them out on that and not give ammo.

Reactions: 1
It's a terrible thing to say! It reminds me of Gavin Williamson when he told Russia to "go away and shut up".

I wouldn't dream of talking to colleagues like politicians do. It shows a lack of respect and decency.

I see people are already referring to whoever wins out of Truss and Sunak as "unelected". The same moniker was constantly applied to Gordon Brown, too. While it's true, it gets repetitive and old. After all, it's not their fault they're unelected; it's how our system works when a PM resigns while in office.

I seriously don’t think Nicola sturgeon will be annoyed in the slightest personally. She will be annoyed at Truss’s lack of respect for Scotland but why would a democratically elected leader be bothered by Liz Truss. Someone a couple of hundred gammons are voting for.
Being Scottish myself there is nothing in Truss's comments that shows a lack of disrespect for Scotland. Sturgeon is head of a cult so you can guarantee her and some of her acolytes will have been pished off. Nicola Sturgeon herself was made leader unopposed and she is not a democratically elected leader as we do not vote for that in Scotland. She was voted first minster by a majority of MSPs

Reactions: 6
Liz Truss is up there with Boris as an aide to the independence movement.

Being Scottish myself there is nothing in Truss's comments that shows a lack of disrespect for Scotland. Sturgeon is head of a cult so you can guarantee her and some of her acolytes will have been pished off. Nicola Sturgeon herself was made leader unopposed and she is not a democratically elected leader as we do not vote for that in Scotland. She was voted first minster by a majority of MSPs
Nicola Sturgeon is an elected FM. Head of a cult? Statements like that say more about you than her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Wasn't the reasoning (?) by being rude to Nicola, Scottish Labour voters might switch to SNP?

Wasn't the reasoning (?) by being rude to Nicola, Scottish Labour voters might switch to SNP?
I think Truss just doesn't like the idea of Scottish independence and sees Sturgeon as being like a dog with a bone. So she's venting that frustration into being rude. Not only is it unprofessional, it actually plays into Sturgeon's hands.

Reactions: 4
I dont think there was any reasoning behind what she said. I think she was faced with a difficult question to answer and talked nonsense.

I dont think there was any reasoning behind what she said. I think she was faced with a difficult question to answer and talked nonsense.
I think they should resovle their differences in a good old fashioned mud-wrestling match.

• Haha
It's a terrible thing to say! It reminds me of Gavin Williamson when he told Russia to "go away and shut up".

I wouldn't dream of talking to colleagues like politicians do. It shows a lack of respect and decency.

I see people are already referring to whoever wins out of Truss and Sunak as "unelected". The same moniker was constantly applied to Gordon Brown, too. While it's true, it gets repetitive and old. After all, it's not their fault they're unelected; it's how our system works when a PM resigns while in office.
The whole "unelected" tag is so frustrating. It gets whipped up by the media then too many members of the public latch on to it. Then the Prime Minister/First Minister feels the need to call a general election to validate their position in office because too many idiots in this country don't seem to understand the basics of how our election systems work.

The whole "unelected" tag is so frustrating. It gets whipped up by the media then too many members of the public latch on to it. Then the Prime Minister/First Minister feels the need to call a general election to validate their position in office because too many idiots in this country don't seem to understand the basics of how our election systems work.
Yeah exactly. It's just used as a stick to beat a politician with. I'm all for criticising politicians, but I think we should stick to criticising them for the things they've done/haven't done, rather than things outside their control.

Is this not similar to the UK??? We vote for a local MP/Party. We dont vote for Prime Minister.

I'm not a fan of NS. But the levels people stoop to to denigrate her is laughable. The SNP are basically the only show in town In Scotland. Labour are a busted flush and only rampent unionists/capitalists vote for the Tories.

So like her or loathe her, NS keeps winning elections.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.