Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
If her partner murdered her, I assume that Willow would have witnessed it. And she would be barking at Paul, and wary of him. I don't think he was involved.
My husband could murder me in cold blood and our dog would help him hide the body! He’s her human and whatever he does is fine by her. Even more so if he has cheese.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

Missy92

so if you passed away at 87 you would be happy for your lifetime partner to be addressed as "your boyfriend" at your funeral ?

I think it's a bit sad tbh
We’re not in 1940! Some might say it’s sad that people feel they need a piece of paper to “prove” their partner loves them! Each to their own!

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Grief is a huge part and a rollercoaster of emotions. I think judging someones reaction on purely emotion isn't 100% accurate.

(Sorry a few pages behind!)
Having had a friend go missing and then later be found dead, this has been my exact experience of grief tbf. The denial/anger part went on for a ridiculously long time and I said and did all sorts of strange shit. Maybe I have a different perspective on it because of what happened to me, but it’s why I’m just not understanding how people are taking that the husband is somehow guilty of murder just from how he has behaved in interviews. It seems normal to me for someone who is currently experiencing extreme trauma.

Also on a different note, as someone who is neurodivergent, some of the talk about what is supposedly a ‘normal’ way to speak and what are normal eye movements is so jarring lmfao.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
I never understand just disappearing like that, it seems so unnecessarily cruel when you can just tell your family you’re leaving or you’ve left. If Nicola did this, it would mean leaving a scene that could be (and is being) interpreted as her either falling in the river or having been abducted… and that just seems so unnecessary and odd? Obviously I hope she’s alive, but all the hurt and pain and waste of resources would just be shocking. I don’t know her, but I just can’t wrap my head around her doing that. I could be wrong of course, anything is possible in this case it seems.

Edit: Of course some people suffer horrific domestic abuse and I can understand them wanting to disappear and not leave a trace, but at the moment nothing seems to be suggesting that here
Not having a go cause I understand people don’t always share experiences like this (I’m still learning how to talk about it) but one of my parents developed severe MH problems and had many breakdowns, went missing on numerous occasions. I never once doubted that they didn’t love me, I know that they were just so mentally ill that they couldn’t carry on with their life. When someone is really unwell then even the idea of leaving their kids behind won’t stop them doing it. All common sense, rationality etc just gets overtaken by their illness and their brain genuinely believes that leaving their kids behind is the best thing for everyone.

I don’t know if that’s what’s happened here, I just thought I’d add cause understandably a lot of people might not understand or be able to empathise if someone is so ill they run away from their kids and family. Whatever has happened here is incredibly sad for all involved 😞

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

Squittel

VIP Member
I just have this feeling it will become a cold case, I don’t think they will find her, it will all die down and remain unsolved. Sad, but there’s literally nothing to go on just theories.
I can only hope that there is more going on behind scenes than we are privy to.

Reactions: 35

BigMavis

VIP Member
The entire case is a mess not just this thread.
Usually when police sit a family down and tell them news like this, the family accept it and wait. They don't have Mark William Thomas in their ear or a live TV show picking over everything.
Either the police are correct and Nicola will be discovered in water at some point or arrests are made.

Reactions: 35

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
One of my colleagues was a search and rescue diver for the fire service up until a few years ago. He is an advanced paramedic now. I asked him his opinion on this case. He didn’t know the details in depth, but said that important to remember that in fresh water, such as this particular section of the river that the police are focusing on (or lake water), that a body would sink very quickly and could easily become embedded in metres of silt at the bottom. Which we know now anyway.

He said that unless the river was actually diverted and the silt was searched with rods that there is no way to rule out that she is not in there, but that this is an absolutely massive amount of money and resources and unrealistic. He said potentially you could be trapped under a tree or buried in reeds and if it’s deep and cold you could be almost frozen so would weigh a tonne, so might not necessarily ever float to the surface, as bodies in fresh water tend to become neutrally buoyant after time, which could be days/weeks/months. Which means that they could just lift up enough to flow with the current but never enough to become positively buoyant to float on the surface. This is different in salt water, as a body would rise more to the surface.

He reckons she could be still in there and going out to sea not beyond the realms of possibility but probably too late now to know.

He was also wondering had the big lake in the field close to where she was last seen been searched. I’m not sure if this was searched or not, but it wasn’t searched by Faulding and his sonar which he felt was potentially an oversight.

He feels the police have coordinates or some information to confirm the ‘entry point’ and that’s why the focus is near the bench.

Just thought that might be interesting to some.
Just quoting this for those that don’t read all the pages to catch up as I think it’s very important. I think some people think a body in water is just floating around under the surface or lying on the river bed etc but it’s so much more complex than that. She could literally be buried under the river bed, moving constantly, in the sea, tangled in reeds etc. I don’t think some realise just how difficult recovery of a body from water can be - even when you know exactly when, where and how that body has ended up in there (which they don’t in this case).

• Sad
Reactions: 34

BaxterBillions

VIP Member
Oh oh and you're Mary Tyler Moore.

Sorry, couldn't help myself there.
I don't care what they say about us anyway, I don't care 'bout that 😁

TBH, I'm beginning to get tired amd irritated by this case now. In the past week it has seemed to have morphed from the tragic case of a missing mother presumed drowned in a river into a full blown free-for-all with GFM's, tiktokers rampaging through private property, self-promoters, and capped off with this totally uneccessary garbage on Channel 5. I wish that flamin' dog could talk to put an end to all this shite. Somebody please call Dr Doolittle.

• Haha
  • Sick

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
Lots of "the girls" not "our girls" - sounded cold and distant. It took me ages before I realised he was their actual father.
I refer to ‘the boys’ when I’m talking about my two so I personally don’t find that unusual but I know lots have done.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
My rational brain says it’s just a tragic accident and she fell in the river
My totally irrational conspiracy side of the brain is saying Paul and Emma have bumped her off and it wasn’t actually Nicola the witnesses saw it was Emma dressed as Nicola as a decoy
And part of me thinks she’s left of her own accord and is hiding somewhere
I know alot won't agree with that bit you said but honestly, I've wondered it myself...

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
Has anyone interviewed the dog? I once had a spaniel and I swear to this day it once said ‘Mum’

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33

Lovethegosslife

Chatty Member
I'm so torn by this case I honestly don't know what to believe. I always think back to 2016 when a man, who's family I know well, went missing one morning just after Christmas. He had been out the night before in the pub with his wife and friends and all seemed well, he got up the next morning and went for a walk but never returned home. His phone house keys and vape were found together just sitting on the rocks down the local harbour. So it was assumed straight away he went into the water. Search and rescue team said his body would wash up within 4 weeks and possibly off the coast of Wales given the current at that time ect and to this day he's never been found 🤷🏼‍♀️ its the not knowing is the worst of all, no closure. I pray for her little girls shes found

• Sad
  • Heart

AllAboutTheMayhem

VIP Member
The benzos definitely do their job. I went from being in an awful ongoing state of panic to wondering why on earth I thought I had any problems at all. I have to be really careful as I would probably live on the stuff given half a chance and it can be hideously addictive.
Valium used to be called “Mother’s little helper” back in the day! (60/70’s) They would give them out like sweeties. My gran was prescribed them after my grandad died but she got to the point where she couldn’t function without and took them until her dying day.

I had some once to stop muscle spasms after a back injury. They worked. I can see how they would be addictive. I had a 2 left for a long haul flight , so me and my boyfriend had one each. He was asleep by take off and didn’t wake up until we landed in Heathrow 10 hours later.
He said “ what the F*** is in those,??”

• Haha

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
If Emma was dressed as Nicola, how would she have got out of the area? The police can find no trace of Nicola leaving the area - so Emma dressed as Nicola would be the same?

• Wow

RinsedHoops

Chatty Member
Thanks very much tattlers for the live updates on the C5 interviews, very interesting as I couldn’t face watching it.

Could someone summarise what they think the point of Paul being interviewed was and why he made this decision? was he appealing for more witnesses, suggesting the police haven’t done a good job, convinced she was murdered (or abducted and alive?), what? Thank you!
I feel like he was just doing it to keep public attention on Nicola and keep pressure on the police.
I also feel like it was exploitative. He looked drugged and broken.

• Sad

Futtrit

VIP Member
If I never see the words "It doesn't sit right with me" again I will be eternally happy!

• Haha

thenewblack

Why would she have kids to someone she had no intention of marrying..

plus didn't Paul mention he would marry her in the interview, so that's clearly been a issue and she's been upset he wouldn't marry her
Marriage isn't for everyone. I've been with my partner for 17 years this year, we have a house and a child. I know he loves me. I don't need a piece of paper to tell me that.

• Heart