Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AllAboutTheMayhem

VIP Member
I’m replying to a comment on the last thread about them potentially being separated…and posted same last night after the programme. To me, he really struggled in being convincingly emotive about her. Granted, it’s hard to read him properly given he was so “medicated”..
Also exemplified in first interview - “ there’s 2 girls that need their mummy back”.
I think the police know there’s been relationship issues and that’s why the missing person theory is being pedalled (over abduction)

And maybe the police are holding back on revealing this because a- the children, b-Paul would become even more of a suspect to the public which would threaten the investigation and c - would also explain the divide between parents / him.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

themuffinwoman

VIP Member
Why would she have kids to someone she had no intention of marrying..

plus didn't Paul mention he would marry her in the interview, so that's clearly been a issue and she's been upset he wouldn't marry her
I know so many people who have kids together but don’t want to get married for a ton of reasons, it’s not weird in this day and age.

Reactions: 46
My rational brain says it’s just a tragic accident and she fell in the river
My totally irrational conspiracy side of the brain is saying Paul and Emma have bumped her off and it wasn’t actually Nicola the witnesses saw it was Emma dressed as Nicola as a decoy
And part of me thinks she’s left of her own accord and is hiding somewhere

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Curiouslycuriousstill

yes yes yes. always the girls! the family! not our Girls or Our Family ..... cold?, distant?, topped with subtle alluding? calculating?. possibly? P.S. out of interest has anyone looked at Nicola's FB photographs and noticed the interior of their house? from what I noticed it looks pristine post card perfect and not a thing out of place, you would never think 2 children and a dog live in it and in no way resembles anything or anyone living a chaotic life, I would say the possibility of a controlling life or controlled life
You pretty much described my life my house is always pristine, “the girls” bedrooms are a different case that’s their space, but I clean up every night and we’re all pretty tidy in our shared living space, it doesn’t mean myself or husband is a control freak or we’re cold because we say “the girls” it doesn’t mean he’s plotting my demise or I’m plotting my escape or suicide. Maybe people are just tidy and use a different dialect to others

Honestly think people are trying to find a reason for it to be this man. He could have just lost his partner in a tragic accident, she may have chosen to just leave, she may have been abducted. Who knows but some of the nit picking on here is a bit much

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Facehugger

VIP Member
I've said this before but if she's now found in the Wyre Estuary/Morecambe Bay area in the water then she's gone in much later than the day she disappeared, I do think by someone else's hand.

I think that she has been taken to be honest. It says all empty caravans have been searched, but what about 'occupied' ones??? There was a case near me a few years ago they'd found people held in caravans for over 20 years locked up & being made to work by a certain sort of caravan dweller, including people with MH issues, it was prosecuted as a modern slavery case & the ringleaders locked up for years.

My son's friend hung himself 3 years ago on 28th December. He was meant to go for a night out with them, but never showed up, they got the awful news the next day. They all went through the shock of hearing the news, then sadness, then the complete anger kicked in. Why has he done this, why didn't he talk to us, why didn't he trust us to help him etc. Their grief and loss came out in that way, it's a normal response to unforseen traumatic events. I remember hugging my son and his friend, all big bearded Viking looking 6 foot lads, sobbing like babies but with rage. They couldn't comprehend it, I think that is all what's going on with Paul right now, he's trying to make sense of it but can't.

He's done the TV thing to try and help find her. That's it. I'd do the damn same if it was one of my family or friends missing, without trace or reasonable explanation. I'd be frickin angry too if the Police were adamant that they'd fallen in the water, when I know damn well they're strong swimmers and would NEVER leave their dog or children.

My lot know me and my routine. All I do is go to work & come home again in the week, my best friend walks the dog on weekdays, I leave home and get home the same time every day and if I'm as much as 15 minutes late I'll get called to ask where I am and am I ok. She's met with foul play somehow, that's my view.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

Walter123

Regarding a post from the last thread which quoted the BF as saying he was angry wouldn't your first emotion be puzzled, worried, devastated?
this is what I was getting at in what I said in an earlier post emotions is a tough one, you can’t say someone should be feeling x, y, z, the lines gets blurred and people then run away with their own theories and wild accusations.

I was accused of trying to unalive my own child, it was a freak accident but due to the circumstances - she has no capacity etc I was accused, she literally fell. My emotions were all over the place I was too “happy” but I was in complete shock. Cue a lengthy investigation.

I just don’t buy into someone’s emotions being a definitive factor unless it’s blindingly obvious.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Lady_H

VIP Member
I'm almost certain she fell into the river. It is very sad and I wish they could find her. This needs to end now.

Paul and his botox, his being 100% convinced Nicola is not in the water, Emma and her GFM, calling or not calling the police at a specific time, changing his clothes before searching, putting the dog in the car or not, having funny eyes, possible money problems, all that stuff, is all so irrelevant. None of it is evidence.

The evidence is:

1. Willow was found in the area between the bench and the gate. Willow is important evidence. The phone could be left as a decoy, but a dog which has an attachment to its owner, could not. Willow had not left the bench area, strongly indicating that this was the last place Willow saw Nicola. Willow was untied, so she would have followed Nicola if Nicola had left under her own volition or someone else's. If either Nicola or someone else had not wanted Willow to follow, they would have tied her up. The probability is that if Willow had been tied, and had somehow managed to get out of the harness, she would have gone off in the direction Nicola travelled. It has been shown that a dog can get under the gate. Willow did not leave the area.

2. Peter F. said that the water by the bench was 2.5 feet but in the middle was 3.5 metres, and the water was deeper on the day Nicola went missing so it was a little bit higher. So the river is extremely deep and the drop into it from the bank is approximately 10 feet. If she had fallen, winded and/or injured from the fall, and found herself in the centre of the river quickly, with all those clothing layers she would have gone under very fast.

3. Really important: the police have excluded various exits Allotment Lane, Rowan Water, the path next to the Grapes pub, the "caravan park" and the farm due to CCTV and searches. Not seeing someone on CCTV and not finding anything to indicate someone's presence is evidence that they were not there. They are satisfied that it was physically impossible for her to have left this way based on this evidence of searches and CCTV. The "abandoned house" aka property renovation is across the river, so anyone who abducted her from there would have had to swim across the river to reach her and swim back again with her - impossible.

4. There is no CCTV on the riverwalk from the bench back to Garstang Road so this is the missing bit. No-one saw her leave there which is why they're appealing for dashcam footage there. But if she walked back out that way it was a massively, ridiculously risky route to take in an area full of dog walkers, when she could have bumped into anyone else at any moment. It is a pretty short walk. Parking on Garstang Road where the path meets the road is very difficult and the road is very busy.

5. Is there another way out? Theoretically yes, out from the upper field where she was spotted with Willow, and across the fields and up the river that way. But the area is totally open, there is no coverage, and again it would be incredibly risky to abduct her that way or walk that way without being spotted. It is theoretically possible but not remotely probable or likely.

6. And even if it was theoretically possible, and she walked out of the upper field where she was last seen with Willow at around 9.10, how do an untied Willow and the phone get back to the bench? The phone was on the bench at 9.20 and Willow was found at 9.33.

There really is only one logical and reasonable explanation when you look at the possibilities that the evidence has eliminated. Of course if you decide that "the police messed up the search" or "CCTV can be wrong" or "Emma dressed up as Nicola that day" then I guess you can come up with up with your own peculiar theory. Some people do enjoy doing that.

I truly hope she is found because that family will be in hell until she is.

I have now lost the video which covered all this brilliantly with a map, but I'll find it and post. It is by far and away the most sensible thing I've seen so far.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Nothing wrong with him saying 'The girls' Sally Webster from Corrie always referred to her daughters as 'The girls'. 😊
Sorry if this has been discussed but if I was ever in this position then I'd be extremely careful about letting my children's names enter the public domain. Don't blame him for calling them the girls, quite normal I think.

For reference I have two boys and frequently refer to them as the kids or the boys. It seems fairly common in the parenting social groups I'm in.

Reactions: 40
Valium used to be called “Mother’s little helper” back in the day! (60/70’s) They would give them out like sweeties. My gran was prescribed them after my grandad died but she got to the point where she couldn’t function without and took them until her dying day.

I had some once to stop muscle spasms after a back injury. They worked. I can see how they would be addictive. I had a 2 left for a long haul flight , so me and my boyfriend had one each. He was asleep by take off and didn’t wake up until we landed in Heathrow 10 hours later.
He said “ what the F*** is in those,??”
Christ you’ve unlocked a memory there! My late nan popped them like smarties back in the day and she used to call them mothers little helper too! I remember I came home crying from school many moons ago, worried about my test results, I was completely inconsolable and she forced one down me. My god I’ve never had a good night sleep like that one since

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39

Walter123

I have kids and my partner of over 11 years are not married and we don’t plan to either. It’s very common.

• Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Not having a go cause I understand people don’t always share experiences like this (I’m still learning how to talk about it) but one of my parents developed severe MH problems and had many breakdowns, went missing on numerous occasions. I never once doubted that they didn’t love me, I know that they were just so mentally ill that they couldn’t carry on with their life. When someone is really unwell then even the idea of leaving their kids behind won’t stop them doing it. All common sense, rationality etc just gets overtaken by their illness and their brain genuinely believes that leaving their kids behind is the best thing for everyone.

I don’t know if that’s what’s happened here, I just thought I’d add cause understandably a lot of people might not understand or be able to empathise if someone is so ill they run away from their kids and family. Whatever has happened here is incredibly sad for all involved 😞
Coming in super late as I’ve been out but had to comment on this. I really struggle with my mental health and have actually said my children are what keep me from killing myself a few times (not to them I must add, they don’t know) but I can totally see how someone could get so lost mentally that even their children couldn’t save them. I worry regularly about this happening to me. Mental ill health is awful

Sending love to you @EllsBellsWells

• Heart
  • Sad

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Wow. 8 threads already! Crazy!

My brain can't get away from the GFM. So much of this doesn't make sense, but the GFM is very odd
I think it’s just seen as the norm these days.
anything happens … set up a GFM.
Quickly knock up a few t-shirts with photo and headed either Team or Army
Acquire wristbands.

It’s page one of the Unexpected Life Event Handbook.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

Princesst

Chatty Member
I live in a really small town. When I was at secondary school there was a guy a couple of years above & one day his mum took the dog for a walk one day on a local beach. Let the dog off the lead. And totally vanished. The dog ended up running back to their house after some time as it was a long way. I don’t remember the police even caring much about it or thinking it was suspicious. She had 4 kids total. I believe 12 months or so later the family somehow tracked her down hundreds of miles away and she had just had enough of them. Said she just didn’t want to live that life anymore and would never come back. It did huge damage to the children obviously and they were never the same after. but it does happen even in small towns. Maybe he thinks this is a similar situation ? The whole thing makes absolutely no sense though why the police were so adamant it was the river and then seemed to backtrack?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Jwren

VIP Member
I very much doubt that...I bet she was desperate to marry him
Interested to know why you doubt that and why would you assume after she chose to have two children with him without being married she was desperate to marry him?

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Ally Pally

VIP Member
This is what I think happened too. Or willow ran at her/through her legs etc and she lost balance or got knocked over.

There’s just that slight niggle that maybe that’s too simple. But every other possibility has at least 10 reasons why that can’t have happened and I circle back to the river.
Nothing in the C5 program has made me think it’s anything more than her going in the river. Her partner looks like he’s barely holding on. Poor guy.
He looked gaunt compared to the first interview he gave I thought.
I feel sorry for the Police who have absolutely nothing to go on but are expected to be able to pull answers out of thin air.
Wherever she is I hope they locate her so this family can have some answers.

Weeder

Chatty Member
It’s not hard to load a car up tho?? The dog can jump in and I’m sure the two girls can climb in the car themselves? Why does one have to do it for the other. It’s just weird
Again, different strokes for different folks. My husband may or may not help me load the car. My business is such that I'm usually leaving the house with my arms full, sometimes just because we're chatting. Pray tell what conclusions we must draw from this ?

I have to say I'm thinking if me or my other half ever go missing we're both in all sorts of hot water with the armchair detectives. I do weird things all the time .

BTW , my dog wouldn't follow me in to the water, he doesn't give a shit, he's a sociopath

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I suppose it’s her way of coping and she probably usually wears make up so perhaps she wants things to appear “normal” for the children. We all deal with things differently.
Although she’s got some things wrong (GFM) I do think her intentions come from a good place.
same. my grandfather was my absolute favourite person in the world and i wore a full face of makeup at his funeral (and did my nails) - it was both a way of coping and that just going through my normal routine made me, in myself, feel normal for the time period i was doing it.

people cope with things in different ways. and also, how you think you will cope or look in a situation rarely ends up being true. i’m not coming for a woman for putting on two or three coats of mascara.