Nicola Bulley #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ridiculous ! he didnt threaten anyone more lies dont help nicola be found. Hope the tik tokkers get arrested. The tik tokker was the threatening one not the man and his wife and children how awful

Reactions: 12
I think she's been abducted or ran off to start a new life. No way I think she went in that river - you wouldn't even check a river for a dog why would you? You'd know by the temp of the day if it was too cold. And why would she leave her phone on a work call? Who to? Did the person on the other side not notice something strange? Who was on the otherside of the call ? No one?

Reactions: 7
I agree.
I’m not blaming caravan lady at all.
I just find it strange that the police haven’t mentioned that there is a 80-90 minute gap which is unaccounted for.
Initially it was implied that the dog and ‘phone were discovered at 9.30am and Paul was informed and rushed up there.
They never stated he didn’t get there until 10.50am which makes me wonder if that is correct or is it another friend mixing it up again.
Missing 10 minutes and not seeing her in the river/vicinity is very different to missing 80/90 minutes and not seeing her.

I don’t think there is anything odd in caravan lady walking her dog before an important appointment. She would’ve worked out how much time she had before she needed to leave which wouldn’t have allowed her time to start searching, etc. I also don’t think she was wrong to leave Willow there. Imagine if she’d have taken her home and then gone to her appointment, it would have caused even more confusion.

They seem to be very focused on a certain window of time, I think they know more than they will share. Time will tell, I guess

Reactions: 14
I don’t, to be honest. We have to remember from the point of view of now that then it was just a random, possibly stray dog. Mum had appointment to keep and couldn‘t hang about. Daughter in law agreed to take a look. I can honestly say in that situation as presented, I wouldn’t have dropped everything to get there either. If I’d thought anything I’d probably have gone through, she’s on one again, the owner will be there, she just didn’t see her. I’ll have a look when I’ve done me hoovering.

if these cases tell me anything it’s that I’m a non-civic minded terrible witness.

Reactions: 11
I know what people mean when they say about dogs not being friendly, but it’s a spaniel the only thing I’d be worried about is that it would lick me to death.

Reactions: 21
Air tags don’t need to be near your phone to work, they bounce off all apple phones nearby. This explains it
Off topic.
Thank you for this. My mum does have an iPad so, in theory, when she arrived home from her dog walks the airtag would use the Bluetooth to communicate with her iPad? Would I then be able to see her location on my iPhone to know she is home safely?

Apologies again everyone.

Reactions: 9
I would be the same type of witness too!!

Hindsight is telling us those possessions belong to a now missing person.

If I found them at the time...I would have left them! Or a cursory glance to see owner and probably a FB post to local group saying dog not with owner...hoping reunited now...

I found Gloria elsewhere! Shoots from the hip, love it!

I get what you're saying but if you're not going to instantly rush there, why bother going after over an hour....surely you'd think "that dog would be well gone and the phone too"?

Reactions: 5
If my MIL had a bee in her bonnet about dogs not on leads and called me at 9.30 am telling me she’d found a loose dog and a phone, I’d be like ffs. Maybe I’m a dick but I wouldn’t drop everything and immediately go. I’d go when I’d finished what I was doing.

Reactions: 30
Yes

I get what you're saying but if you're not going to instantly rush there, why bother going after over an hour....surely you'd think "that dog would be well gone and the phone too"?
It would be a <heavy sigh> I’ve told her I’d go so I’d better show willing or I’ll never hear the end of it job.

I'm pondering this.
---

I know what people mean when they say about dogs not being friendly, but it’s a spaniel the only thing I’d be worried about is that it would lick me to death.
Yep. Mine thinks everyone is his best friend

Reactions: 4
Realised I pretty much said the same!

Reactions: 5
I thought similar tbh.
She could have called her DIL ranting that a bloody dog was off the lead again, etc and she’d better tell her friend to sort it because if it got to her chickens…*
That could also explain why she tied the dog to the bench.

*all hypothetical, NOT fact, just to clarify!

Reactions: 9
It’s been mentioned, yes, but it’s also been corrected each time
But first impressions count. It’s pretty clear many posters have knee jerk reactions to the first thing they read rather than double checking. It takes bit seconds to check on its veracity before posting.

Reactions: 4
I hope your mum is doing well my grandad had dementia that went to Alzheimer’s he is still going strong at 86 years of age thank god. He lives in a nursing home now as he became worse over the last 2 years and didn’t know the difference between night and day so we had no choice but to put him in residential care where he can be looked after 24/7 if he wanders around at night etc. the tracker we had worked on our phones we had one in his car (he used to drive up to 84 but then he wasn’t able to pass his driving medical so they took him off the road) my mam organised the personal tracking device (he wore it around his neck on a chain with my Nan’s wedding ring) I believe it was from this website : https://ubeequee.ie/product/gps-tra...azuau8yG-Gz0sRWLqbeyeiFwS-l_cWyhoCsM4QAvD_BwE
She could track him on her phone at any time from anywhere if she logged in. Several times he took off walking from his house (rural area) in the night thinking it was early morning or morning time and he got lost and confused. It really helped when he got lost down the town as well he went for a haircut and ended up the opposite end of the town waiting for a bus he said he was going to the races so he was happy out! It’s funny looking back he would have a laugh when he realised he wasn’t home or he’d come out in his slippers instead of his shoes. Humour is a great medicine. Anyway I hope that helps you & im sure there’s companies in the UK that offer a tracking service too. It was so accurate to the road and shops etc and it would show green where he’d walked and I could see if he’d gone in circles or how far he’d walked and how long it took him. In his car it even gave speed he was driving at its amazing what tech can do now.

Reactions: 11
If I was running off to start a new life, or abducting someone, I’m throwing that phone to the bottom of the river. Not leaving it on a bench connected to a call.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.