Nicola Bulley #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see why the family are angry at the media. If they hadn't have blown it up it would have been treated as a normal missing persons case. There'd be no web sleuths, tiktokers, Psychics and have a go heroes. However at the start I do think they made some mistakes with letting themselves be interviewed so candidly and the documentary. Normally it seems like a case that would make the local news.

A sad end all together.

Reactions: 16
For me this case will always be about the malign influence social media now exerts on the fabric of our society. How did we get to this point?
It makes me sick to my stomach. I stumbled across a video once on YouTube of a content creator doing her fuckin makeup talking about a really bad murder case, pausing to tell the viewers what eyeshadow she was using and I was gobsmacked. They get money for it as well it’s so grim

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Honestly so glad for the family and those who were constantly digging into the family I hope you are all ashamed of yourselves.
People aren’t perfect and duck knows what will happen if my partner goes missing. I’M socially awkward respond “wrong” in stressfull situations, laugh at inappropriate times. Honestly I would get skewered by some Tattlers

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
What a sad sad ending 😪
Tattlers, you’re (mostly) amazing!
Thinking of every single person involved.
RIP Nicola 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 17
God this is so so desperately sad. RIP Nicola.

I think the family have every right to be angry at the media and the way they have acted, especially contacting them yesterday after the news. It is one thing to go to them in desperation, which is really what it is, it is another for them to hound you at your most vulnerable time.

I saw a great analogy of this on Twitter - if a hairdresser willingly cut your hair 2 weeks ago, it doesn't mean you can pester them to cut your hair again when they are grieving/going through hell.

Just because they willingly went to the media, it doesn't give the media to act the way they have.

As many have said, what will really stick with me after this case is the role social media now plays in cases like this. That and, of course, the sad truth that for many women the menopause is not just a small "change".

Thinking of her children, her family and all those loved her as well as all those who have been impacted by this sad sad story.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
When those little girls are told stories of their mum, may the stories be positive. I have been emotionally invested in this case. I do hope Nicola ie resting easy. 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I see why the family are angry at the media. If they hadn't have blown it up it would have been treated as a normal missing persons case. There'd be no web sleuths, tiktokers, Psychics and have a go heroes. However at the start I do think they made some mistakes with letting themselves be interviewed so candidly and the documentary. Normally it seems like a case that would make the local news.

A sad end all together.
Agree, I mentioned before so many people go missing and it's usually put in the local paper that the vulnerable person is missing and to keep and eye out but with Nicola it was blown right up all over the news.

Reactions: 4
RIP Nicola, and love to all those people who are still missing and their families who haven't been given any closure. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I hope the family are now left in privacy and peace to grieve for Nicola. And that her little girls are given all the love and support they need, which I don’t doubt they will get from all their loved ones. 💕

Nicola touched so many hearts and without knowing helped so many people to open up about their struggles and concerns who will hopefully go on to get help and support if they need it. Take care ❤ xx

May Nicola now fly high and watch over her beautiful girls ❤ 🕊

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Before discussion on this case ends - huge thank you to @InTheDollsHouse for your excellent, accurate recaps.

For the most part, threads have been respectful and between us a lot of information and personal stories have been shared. I’ve never felt particularly ‘proud’ to be a Tattler before but these past few weeks have proved this is much more than just a gossip site.

Love to everyone who has shared their own stories on here, and most of all, rest in peace, Nicola. I hope this is just the start of your legacy❤

• Heart
Reactions: 46
The family drew attention to themselves with media interviews, go find me campaigns and culminating in a misjudged channel 5 show featuring three “experts”, none of whom had the full facts.

The insistence of family and friends that she wasn’t in the water was the biggest misstep and I’m puzzled over it. Nicola’s hrt withdrawal symptoms made it a distinct possibility that she fell in the water. But this insistence led to the amateur detectives wading in en masse scrutinising everything and making all kinds of accusations.

Sadly for the family the police were right all along and I feel so sorry for their loss.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.