Nicola Bulley #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Took some time to think of Nicola, all those who are missing and remain so, and I will be thinking of her friends and family over the next few days as they come to terms with this sad news. RIP Nicola Bulley, may you and your family now be treated with the dignity that you deserve x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just heard the news and watched the press conference. Very saddened and devastated by the news, but at least the family have got some form of closure even if the outcome of her disappearance was the least desirable. I can’t begin to comprehend how they may be feeling. Hopefully, they’ll get their answers and in the meantime news outlets such as Sky, BBC and ITV News can hang their heads in shame. Kay Burley and her wretched little sidekick marching up and down the River Wyre and disturbing dog walkers was offensive to say the least. I don’t even care to mention the mentally insane, social-media driven self-appointed detectives who were digging up fields, during the search for her. Glad Faulding’s spate of media appearances today were criticised by the family as well. Thank you for everyone on this thread keeping me informed as more often than not, I’ve looked towards this thread to provide factual answers to my questions surrounding Nicola’s disappearance as opposed to the gutter press ❤.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
To anyone who needs to hear this today - you're doing the very best you can.

There's a poem by Wendy Cope called The Orange. It's a simple poem, but it holds a deeper meaning. For me personally, I read it on my worst days and it reminds me of the little things in life that bring contentment. I hope everyone is doing OK, and if you're not, be gentle with yourself. You're doing the best you can.

The Orange by Wendy Cope -

At lunchtime I bought a huge orange—
The size of it made us all laugh.
I peeled it and shared it with Robert and Dave—
They got quarters and I had a half.

And that orange, it made me so happy,
As ordinary things often do
Just lately. The shopping. A walk in the park.
This is peace and contentment. It’s new.

The rest of the day was quite easy.
I did all the jobs on my list
And enjoyed them and had some time over.
I love you. I’m glad I exist.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77
The family drew attention to themselves with media interviews, go find me campaigns and culminating in a misjudged channel 5 show featuring three “experts”, none of whom had the full facts.

The insistence of family and friends that she wasn’t in the water was the biggest misstep and I’m puzzled over it. Nicola’s hrt withdrawal symptoms made it a distinct possibility that she fell in the water. But this insistence led to the amateur detectives wading in en masse scrutinising everything and making all kinds of accusations.

Sadly for the family the police were right all along and I feel so sorry for their loss.
I took from it that they were so adamant as they were fully in denial, and I can’t blame them for that. They were doing what they could to preserve their own sanity and keep that hope alive.

Reactions: 22
Rest in peace lovely lady. ❤
Many people have shared information about challenging issues and have received advice, support and love. You have helped raise the importance of seeking help when things are tough.
All my best wishes to all who loved you. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just a thought. Could the threads be removed? Then there would be nothing for her daughters to look back on in terms of tattle. Just a thought. Forgive me if I've said something wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
RIP Nicola. So glad you have been found, so that you can be laid to rest, thoughts are with all your family at this saddest of times, bless you. A Lancashire Rose for you and you family and especially your girls, sleep tight lady. ❤❤

Screenshot_20230219-235127~2.png

• Heart
Reactions: 24
To all of you who have shared your struggles, your losses and your heartbreak I’m sending you nothin but love and kind thoughts. ❤

And if anyone ever comes across this thread in horrible times and feels like there is no way out please seek help and support. The dark isn’t permanent, it will come light again and the first steps are the hardest. Big big biggggg hugs to u all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Rest in peace, Nicola x

So terribly sad for all concerned. I hope that, in time, her loved ones find all the answers they need and are given the space and support to deal with it all in the best way they can.

Reactions: 5
I think removal may be a good idea. I’m not sure anyone in time of need would think to look back over a missing persons thread?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
There’s some irony that a family called in experts and media only to be annoyed by them afterwards. I feel for them but the whole situation has been complicated by them
They were obviously desperate when they called Faulding in, and if it were me I’d want him looking too.

Unfortunately, he turned out to be an attention seeking idiot but it was too late by then.

Nicola ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.