Nicola Bulley #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been on the contraceptive pill right up until the menopause?
I’m not sure where my body’s at. Had a baby at 40. Now 42 and back on the contraceptive pill. I’m happy enough, can I just stay like this please ( 😆 menopause sounds truly awful but thank you everyone for being so open, this thread has been so informative ! ) xx
the coil was recommended to me once I’d had my babies and was 45. Apparently the coil is v helpful in perimenopause

Reactions: 7
I started my menopause in 2004 when I was 50. I tried hrt but didn’t get on with it. 19 years later I suffer from pretty extreme anxiety and still don’t sleep properly. Dr put me on anti depressants a few months ago but they didn’t agree with me so I stopped. My anxiety is such that if my grown up children are travelling or out with their own children I won’t rest till I know they are home safe!! I hope Nicola turns up safe

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I will say I'm surprised just how untrustworthy some are of the police. I don't think I've seen this before with any other case. Is it some weird impact of COVID and those conspiracies or have I missed something here?

I understand the mistrust of police with some other issues, but their case work is generally pretty decent
A woman is missing and lately there have been horrific abuses of power within the police. Those texts about raping female colleagues, taking photos of female murder victims and sharing them on WhatsApp, rapists and murderers like David Carrick and Wayne Couzens. That’s why I feel people are mistrusting of the police and it’s manifesting in this case as them not doing enough for this woman. People also feel like the police spend a lot of time focusing on the wrong things.. you’re better off claiming you’ve been misgendered online than reporting a serious crime in my area

• Heart
Reactions: 24
They are senior police officers holding a press conference for an extremely high profile case. Of course it matters the timing and wording of information they release, especially when the purpose was supposedly to prevent further speculation. They have to take some responsibility.
And go against the family’s wishes?
I’m glad that you’re so perfect, unfortunately the rest of us aren’t and make mistakes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
I will say I'm surprised just how untrustworthy some are of the police. I don't think I've seen this before with any other case. Is it some weird impact of COVID and those conspiracies or have I missed something here?

I understand the mistrust of police with some other issues, but their case work is generally pretty decent
There has been a lot of negative stories in the press about the police, specifically those who abuse their power to take advantage of others. The police force have their share of ‘the good, the bad and the ugly’ as you will in all job types.

I have a family member in the police force and they hate it. A lot of people they work with in this particular department are very arrogant, like to hide the badge sort. Many of the rest are wonderfully nice people who love their job and helping people.

Unfortunately you get those who hate the police and nothing will convince them otherwise.

Reactions: 10
I think the hormonal role in MH isn't well enough researched. Many women in psychiatric settings get put on the pill/injection so there's minimal bleeding but then the team wonders why the patient mood dips and gets worse. I've had to increase my antidepressants double because I have to take hormones for adneomyosis pain. I've even had intrusive thoughts which I haven't had for years.
This is so, so true. It’s shocking how little hormones are acknowledged in many issues women have.

I’m not peri menopausal yet but had the most awful hormone issues after stopping breastfeeding my daughter (fed for over a year). I had many of the issues mentioned on here (anxiety, insomnia, intrusive thoughts, hair loss, low mood, lack of sex drive, heart palpitations etc) but the doctors go to was anxiety, CBT and antidepressants if I wanted them. It go better for me as my hormones settled and I started talking therapy (not CBT, that was my idea of hell). I think hormonal imbalances can be bloody awful for mental health.

It was truly miserable and I can’t face going back there in a couple of years time again.

Poor, poor Nicola. This is all just so sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
@Dexy I’m 52 , I’m STILL on the mini pill & been on HRT for about 8 months .

I asked my Male doctor if this was normal - he actually tutted at me & told me VERY SLOWLY that “HRT - Isn’t . a . Contraceptive “ 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I do not think Paul acting poorly at all in his interview. What have Nicola's alcohol issues got to do with us? If people had not been sticking their nebs in and threatening to sell stories then the info wouldn't have needed to be released in the first place. Anyone threatening to sell or caught selling stories should be arrested as they're as bad as the Tik Tokkers imo. All we needed to know was that she was a high risk misper and potentially vulnerable. The police did not help but fuelling speculation.

If Nicola's body is found and it's determines she killed herself yesterday or today after this information was made public then several people should be ashamed of themselves; most of all Mark Williams Thomas.

100% agree with the below tweets. A man likely wouldn't have got half the media attention Nicola has and the news would be putting more focus on the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria. The media cherry pick missing people who will get the most clicks; white, blonde or brunette, thin and pretty.

1676582534748.png

1676582723875.png

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Thank you, but honestly I’m not. I’m just a mum who felt that this could so easily be me. I have two children, I walk the dog when they’re at school and childcare.

I said quite early on in all of this that if I disappeared tomorrow my mental health struggles would be assumed as the reason, but that wouldn’t be it. I wouldn’t want everyone to give up on me and just assume the worst.

None of us know what’s happened to Nicola. We may never know. Frankly it’s not even our right to know.

As long as her loved ones get the answers, that’s what matters.

Tattle threads won’t change that, but this little corner of the internet brings people together in such an amazing way.

The information in the recaps is only really collated by me, it’s everyone here that contributes to it. The support and the shared experiences over these 12 threads has made people - including me - feel less alone and that’s no small thing. I’ve got far more out of it than I’ve put in.

Tattle gets slated by influencers but that’s because they don’t understand the kindness here ❤
I just wanna give you a big hug. I can sympathise with how you’re your feeling. I’m also a mom that’s recovering from post natal depression who’s on antidepressants and I could see if I went missing my mental health would be the reason the media would spin. I completely agree about tattle, I’ve only ever come across support from strangers who share a common interest.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Can I ask if they said nicola was “high risk” what does that mean? High risk to harm herself ?

This may be a daft thought but how long do they leave it before they change it to a murder investigation or missing presumed dead. Missing presumed murdered? It can’t just go on like this. Eventually the press will leave it and it’ll fizzle if she isn’t found or is. Either way.

This may be a daft thought but how long do they leave it before they change it to a murder investigation or missing presumed dead. Missing presumed murdered? It can’t just go on like this. Eventually the press will leave it and it’ll fizzle if she isn’t found or is. Either way.
They are pretty certain she wasn’t murdered, so she will remain as a missing person and if not found, presumed dead after 7 years .

• Sad
Reactions: 12
And go against the family’s wishes?
I’m glad that you’re so perfect, unfortunately the rest of us aren’t and make mistakes.
So now senior police can’t be criticised because they are only human. Ok then 🤣

Reactions: 1
I absolutely hate the way that this poor woman has been diminished in the media. They may as well come out and say “no wonder she fell in the river, she was hormonal/pissed” instead of the faux concern. Probably one of the worst cases of victim blaming I’ve seen.

I don’t want to turn this into a menopause thread but all I can say, from personal, bitter experience, is any woman battling their way through this period of their lives is a bleeping warrior x

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Google says 7 years missing means you would be presumed dead. Think that's just in legal terms. Not sure about the police statistics but guessing a missing persons case goes cold if no body is found or recovered.

I can't even remember hearing about her. My god, 6 months. That must be torturous for her family.

I wonder why the reporting of these cases has been so different?
It’s been on Facebook a lot and a little bit in the local news. I think because the family told the police of her bad mental health and they knew that, it was treated differently?!

having said that, I assume the police knew about Nicola’s bad mental health too? Perhaps it’s the fact the press assumed it would be a big murder story with the unusual way her phone and Willow were found?

i hope both women are ok, wherever they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Where has Ashley James got the ‘can’t earn more than your partner’ thing from? Is she referring to something else? Certainly an opportunity to brag.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.