Nicola Bulley #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What an amazing person you are Thank you for this

Reactions: 12
There’s no ‘one size fits all’ with menopause and I suppose that’s the scary thing ; one doesn’t know how it’ll effect oneself until things become unnerving.

Reactions: 14
Because as much as it may gall them, they have to keep the media onside.

Reactions: 2
My PMDD was always quickly written off as MH issues. I do have anxiety disorders running alongside, but all the severe depression sounding symptoms, just just treated as such, even though I pointed out a number of times it seemed cyclic . No idea what the menopause will have in store for me, will it be OK and a relief from the menstrual cycle? Or PMDD on steroids..?
I'll report back in a few years.

Reactions: 12
Just because someone doesn’t say something as soon as it enters their head doesn’t invalidate it. They were probably trying to keep the family out of it, but that didn’t work either because there are still plenty of vultures circling. They probably would have wanted to give an indication that Nicola is vulnerable or they were coming for her welfare from the first time it was publicised, but the family obviously prevented that. The police can’t win either way. Damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Reactions: 9
I’m confused… can someone clarify the link between Emma and Dan Walker please? I have seen they were photographed together, but have seen many others too of Emma with other people from Strictly. I assumed she just went to see them on tour??

Reactions: 4
I really don't think she's purposely ended up life. People usually commit suicide in private and it usually done at night/ very very early morning in secluded areas if outside She was walking the dog after dropping the girls off at school it doesn't fit a suicide. Poor Nicola though her privacy has been completely broken by the police . They didn't need to bring up drinking or the menopause fucking arseholes.

Reactions: 10
The error was to basically frame this as a locked room mystery from the beginning. Happy, pretty mum on a dog walk, not a care in the world, on a work call, disappears from an open field. No CCTV caught her leaving. It's impossible. That's what the press latched onto. Not the fact that she disappeared but how because it sounds impossible. If they had given a hint about vulnerabilities or a history of disappearing for a few hours or days or anything like that, then it would not have been so reminiscent of a detective novel. They let the press run with this story and encouraged it even.

Reactions: 20
I’m confused… can someone clarify the link between Emma and Dan Walker please? I have seen they were photographed together, but have seen many others too of Emma with other people from Strictly. I assumed she just went to see them on tour??
Someone mentioned she was a crisis actor not sure how true this is

I can't even remember hearing about her. My god, 6 months. That must be torturous for her family.

I wonder why the reporting of these cases has been so different?
No children have been mentioned? Mental health issues mentioned at outset by parents? No connections with the media to keep case in the news?

Very sad for all those desperate for news of their loved ones but who appear to have been forgotten. Must be very tough for them,particularly at the moment.

Reactions: 8
Her father in law used to present BBC Local News (not sure if it’s Look North)

My mum had the menopause at 39 with absolutely no symptoms yet my Auntie had it at 37 and it completely changed her personality too, in fact she went crazy. So strange how the same genetics can cause different experiences for each woman. I’m 40 and still having my periods but I know I’m going through some changes…just hope I don’t suffer like so many other poor woman do. Jeez, men have it easy

Reactions: 10
What I don't get if she was such an alcoholic why was her partner ok with her driving the car and kids to school very weird.

Reactions: 6
What I don't get if she was such an alcoholic why was her partner ok with her driving the car and kids to school very weird.
My sentiments too. I’m not saying she was drinking first thing at breakfast but we all know how alcohol can stay in the body into the next day.

Reactions: 5
So now shes peri-menopausal? Women can have symptoms for YEARS prior to actual menopause!

I would like to know where this information has come from. It screams to me that hes telling 2 very different stories of what life at home was like. Why?

Also this is totally personal experience but I knew a couple, he was a massive drinker, she became a massive drinker after getting with him. She ended up dying of alcohol related illness. He's still alive, still a massive drinker... it seems very one sided about alcohol consumption, why is no one questioning how much he drinks too? Maybe their lifestyle is drinking a lot?
Is the January police incident the only incident?

Reactions: 11
I’m sceptical because why would the police not make it clear that was the reason for doing so yesterday? The first mention was a family statement this afternoon, nearly 24hrs later.

The family also don’t mention the alcohol issues. I’m not convinced the police and family are on the same page about this private info tbh. It’s a complete mess.

What an amazing person you are Thank you for this
Thank you, but honestly I’m not. I’m just a mum who felt that this could so easily be me. I have two children, I walk the dog when they’re at school and childcare.

I said quite early on in all of this that if I disappeared tomorrow my mental health struggles would be assumed as the reason, but that wouldn’t be it. I wouldn’t want everyone to give up on me and just assume the worst.

None of us know what’s happened to Nicola. We may never know. Frankly it’s not even our right to know.

As long as her loved ones get the answers, that’s what matters.

Tattle threads won’t change that, but this little corner of the internet brings people together in such an amazing way.

The information in the recaps is only really collated by me, it’s everyone here that contributes to it. The support and the shared experiences over these 12 threads has made people - including me - feel less alone and that’s no small thing. I’ve got far more out of it than I’ve put in.

Tattle gets slated by influencers but that’s because they don’t understand the kindness here

Reactions: 42
Emma Whites father inLaw is Stewart White he was a journalist and presenter of a regional BBC News programme Look East, up until recently Dan Walker presented BBC Breakfast before moving to Channel 5, Emma is married to Ed White who works for a Marriot Hotel in London, there was photographs of Dan Walker getting a suite upgrade at the Marriot Hotel Ed worked in, both Emma and Dan communicated in the post he made, one of her friends runs a dance school and this also has links to Strictly, she also has a friend who appeared on Loose Woman

Reactions: 7
Just adding to the stories My mum (bearing in mind this would have been the sixties ) had a friend , they were school age, whose mum was ‘crazy’ my mum said she would shout in the night. Completely lose her j head go into pubs accuse random women of cheating with her husband . Was labelled the local alcoholic nutter. The menopause was a taboo subject I’m not sure it was even a thing back then. Anyway my mum lost touch with her friend and bumped into her in adulthood. Turns out it was hormones !and now we know menopause. With the right support and treatment she got better.

This whole situation. Is just so sad. If she is out there in hiding , I really hope this info being put out there won’t push her over the edge.

Reactions: 11
huh? A large amount of posters on this thread alone are blaming MWT for leaving the police with no choice/forcing their hand/backed into corner because he or other journalists were going to run a story. That is what I am giving my opinion on. And also my opinion it was not in agreement with the family based on their own words.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.