Nicki Positano

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to watched her during pandemic and her videos were truly a relaxing escape from reality. I am not surprised that Nicki Positano has a Tattle thread 🤣🤣. She turned into an annoying-bitter-getting older Brit woman.

I re-watched her old videos and found this:

which explains how she views Positano all her life and it doesn't change. - imagine she's been living there for so long and she hates it.
I couldn't work out what was different with her, she has had her teeth fixed since that video. Looks so much better.

Reactions: 3
It’s so interesting that despite her age (at which you’d think she’d be more mature in her attitude) she’s gone down every influencer‘s path: started out YouTube as a hobby, gained a big followership, oversharing, becoming a professional social media person, selling tat/books, getting first criticism, building resentment towards followers, whining about privacy being invaded/disrespected, open money begs. Fascinating. And they all become more unpleasant as time goes by.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
When I first watched I liked that N&C showed a more real-life Positano, we got the vistas without the travel vloggers waffle /influencers posing in sun hats and lemon dresses etc. Carlo being the true local was the clincher. But now she's full-on Debbie Downer. TBF it must be a hard balance to strike, if you feature only the pretty stuff and the positives you end up with a load of fairytale crap, like fake as f*** Kylie Flavell with her not-zze in her remote Tuscan Disney prison.

The YT intro should now say "My name is Nicki and I live in Positano, Italy. Sure it looks nice but I've been here years. I'm well over it and I'm getting OUT!! Follow me to my next monetised vlogging location in Tuscany, Italy...."

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I also watched one of her interviews on this Italy Magazine, I'll include the link if I find it on YouTube, where she was asked how she is living her real Positano experiences if she's filming everything that she's doing?

Her expression changed and she wasn't able to answer it directly.

I lived in UK for 2 years and I understand the Debbie Downer and nonstop complaining but she should understand that she chooses sharing her life on YouTube so she has no right to complain about privacy LOL she should thought to filter it at the onset.

Most of these vloggers/influencer has the life cycle of - being grateful at first - then overwhelmed - to being stress of revenue, growing followers - and the last part of make it or break it until they fade away.

Aso long as they constantly chasing the numbers and algorithm, being on YouTube is not a permanent source of income.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I also watched one of her interviews on this Italy Magazine, I'll include the link if I find it on YouTube, where she was asked how she is living her real Positano experiences if she's filming everything that she's doing?

Her expression changed and she wasn't able to answer it directly.

I lived in UK for 2 years and I understand the Debbie Downer and nonstop complaining but she should understand that she chooses sharing her life on YouTube so she has no right to complain about privacy LOL she should thought to filter it at the onset.

Most of these vloggers/influencer has the life cycle of - being grateful at first - then overwhelmed - to being stress of revenue, growing followers - and the last part of make it or break it until they fade away.

Aso long as they constantly chasing the numbers and algorithm, being on YouTube is not a permanent source of income.
It also annoys me when people have chosen to live somewhere and then complain. She didn't move there for economic necessity like so many people do when they have to move. When I lived in Italy I knew lots of people like this and it really annoyed me

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It also annoys me when people have chosen to live somewhere and then complain. She didn't move there for economic necessity like so many people do when they have to move. When I lived in Italy I knew lots of people like this and it really annoyed me
She just got lucky with Carlo. I think the viewers only stay because of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes! When I lived abroad there were always a few expats who considered themselves a different breed. Usually because their foreign language skills were passable so they had some kind of stick up their arse about being better than any other expat. Nicki strikes me as one of those, they think they're above everyone else and don't have to play by the same rules as others - including being grateful for the life they have.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Agree that seems to be a common stragegy among these grifters. I note today Sara and Luca are again back in Sicily after another surgery on Luca for his CSF...now in Sicily not near doctors in case of another stroke, complaining that Sara has to do everything as Luca on severe restrictions etc. etc. They have a willing family back near their home in Northern Italy but choose to come to Sicty and complain and ask for more money since they now need to hire workers to manage their property (second home by the way)...and people are dumb enough to contribute and volunteer to work for free. No end to what grifters do for money.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Nicki just posted via insta stories that they’re going back to Tuscany (not sure when she filmed those clips, since she always posts a bit later). Her wording was weird, she said that their kitchen „is ready“, so they need to check it out? Doesn’t sound like it’s getting delivered though, so who knows.
And it’s dawning on her that they might have to switch more often between Tuscany and Positano than they thought. I think she really anticipated that they’d be living in Tuscany full time and that it’d be easy for Carlo to leave behind his family and hometown.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Nicki just posted via insta stories that they’re going back to Tuscany (not sure when she filmed those clips, since she always posts a bit later). Her wording was weird, she said that their kitchen „is ready“, so they need to check it out? Doesn’t sound like it’s getting delivered though, so who knows.
And it’s dawning on her that they might have to switch more often between Tuscany and Positano than they thought. I think she really anticipated that they’d be living in Tuscany full time and that it’d be easy for Carlo to leave behind his family and hometown.
Going back to Tuscany? They were already back in Tuscany a week ago...at least on Easter Monday because one of their friends there had a lunch and showed it on Instagram. Everyone was shown except Nicki and Carlo, but then there were a couple of pictures that had their two dogs in them.

1712606819268.png

• Haha
Oh wow, interesting that they went back quite some time ago then. As I said, it’s unclear from when her stories are. I wouldn’t even be able to say when they went to Positano, but this makes it seem like they were there for only a short time before going back to Tuscany.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Going back to Tuscany? They were already back in Tuscany a week ago...at least on Easter Monday because one of their friends there had a lunch and showed it on Instagram. Everyone was shown except Nicki and Carlo, but then there were a couple of pictures that had their two dogs in them.

View attachment 2864091
How difficult it must be for the friends of vloggers. To keep Nicki and Carlo hidden from her own social media, to protect timelines. Bluestar Positano posted yesterday they had a house move and Nikki wasn't included in the list of people who helped them.
A Carlo was credited with helping, but it was probably another Carlo. The travelling back and forth will become a huge pain in the butt in a few years time, we have a holiday home only 2.5 hours away and now after 12 years it has become a bit of a millstone around our necks.

• Heart
Oh wow, interesting that they went back quite some time ago then. As I said, it’s unclear from when her stories are. I wouldn’t even be able to say when they went to Positano, but this makes it seem like they were there for only a short time before going back to Tuscany.
Just wanted you to know I wasn't calling you out at all! No one would have known she was already there by looking at her Instagram page or even watching her vlog. It felt weird to me to see that post on Marie from Authentic Tuscany's Instagram last night, after seeing a couple of posts on Nicki's Instagram from last week and then watching her vlog yesterday talking about how they'd be going back to Tuscany soon......and finding out after all of that they were already there and had been there a week! It just seems like a lot of work on her part to try and hide something like this, not to mention the burden of her friends trying to cover for her, too. And why?
---
How difficult it must be for the friends of vloggers. To keep Nicki and Carlo hidden from her own social media, to protect timelines. Bluestar Positano posted yesterday they had a house move and Nikki wasn't included in the list of people who helped them.
A Carlo was credited with helping, but it was probably another Carlo. The travelling back and forth will become a huge pain in the butt in a few years time, we have a holiday home only 2.5 hours away and now after 12 years it has become a bit of a millstone around our necks.
I saw that post from Elisabeth....at first I thought it was Carlo, too, but when I read it again, I figured it was one of the captains - something about the way it was worded made me assume it was one of the guys that works for them - it's like she listed the guys that helped and then said something about loving all the boat captains or something similar. Plus, Elisabeth never misses a chance to show Nicki or Carlo on her feed!

I don't see them doing a bunch of back and forth forever. I see them going to Tuscany permanently, especially when Carlo's mother passes away. There was a lot of huffing and puffing on that vlog yesterday by Nicki - those steps must be a killer after not doing them for a few months!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Agree that seems to be a common stragegy among these grifters. I note today Sara and Luca are again back in Sicily after another surgery on Luca for his CSF...now in Sicily not near doctors in case of another stroke, complaining that Sara has to do everything as Luca on severe restrictions etc. etc. They have a willing family back near their home in Northern Italy but choose to come to Sicty and complain and ask for more money since they now need to hire workers to manage their property (second home by the way)...and people are dumb enough to contribute and volunteer to work for free. No end to what grifters do for money.
@Turaj https://tattle.life/threads/leave-everything-and-wander.44517/

Reactions: 1
The next few months are going to be make-or-break for them. Carlo has experienced one of the worst moments that happen to most people, with the loss of his father. I really think Nicki's attitude is going to be what decides the future.

If Nicki keeps putting the pressure on him with the return to Tuscany, the constant work there - he's going to spring in the opposite direction and want to be in Positano. If she's constantly moaning whenever they are in Positano, but at the same time moaning constantly about work to be done in Tuscany, he's going to start seeing their new home as a burden and nothing more. Compared to the relative peace and quiet - and family - in Positano, I think it will push him back home.

If Nicki instead frames Tuscany as more of a peaceful sanctuary away from the troubles of living in Positano (such as the stairs, that they have more space, etc) - Carlo will be much more friendly about the idea of being there. If she doesn't fuss or whine about him going to Positano, being in Tuscany will be less of an issue for him mentally. He might even enjoy it more than being in Positano.

I think like most men, the more Carlo feels pushed towards one option, he'll run to the other. Right now he needs support and kindness and a bit of stability after losing the head of his family. Nicki is going to either bury her own grave here or actually patch things up.

• Heart
She's calling the shots, straight-up announcing on the "sad news" video that they have to get back because the kitchen is ready. I mean do they really HAVE TO? I'm sure we all know that when life throws us such a shock our best-laid plans can go right out the window, most parties understand when it results in inconvenience, costs, cancellations or set-backs. Perhaps Carlo would prefer to continue supporting his family in these first weeks, his mother in particular who will be going through so much, but Lady N has made it known he is needed to crack on and get the new gaff done as soon as possible.

• Heart
I don’t think Carlo is going to leave Nicki with a half-finished house in Tuscany that’s also supposed to be a part-time home to his daughter. I think he puts up with a lot because of Skye.

• Heart
I don’t think Carlo is going to leave Nicki with a half-finished house in Tuscany that’s also supposed to be a part-time home to his daughter. I think he puts up with a lot because of Skye.
I didn't think about it from this angle and I think you might be very right. He seems like a man whose duty is to his family, and that would include sheltering Skye from a certain amount of chaos...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Totally agree on the above and running from his grief with the "distraction" of the Tuscany house may not work out in her favor.